What advantage is it for prosecution to move the trial up?

hinkymeter

Reaction score
I am trying to think out loud here... maybe I'm just kinda thick...

What advantage is it to them to move the trial up instead of waiting an extra month to be extra-prepared?

Do you think it's to attempt to force Casey into giving something up... kind of like "well they want to SPEED UP the trial. They must have something baaaaaad. Ok, here's what you want to know!" ?

Ideas? Thoughts? Opinions? (Ha, like I had to ask for THOSE! :p)

Scheduling of the forensic experts would be my guess.
Their case will hinge on those forensics, and if there is a scheduling problem in February I don't think prosecution can ask for the first delay. They said they would be ready to go when they filed the charges.

Baez will likely ask for a delay, once that is done speedy trial appeal issues are done, and then we probably won't see a trial for the usual year plus.

I think the prosecution is confident they have a solid case against KC, so why wait? By moving the trial up the defense doesn't have as much time to prepare.

I think the prosecution is confident they have a solid case against KC, so why wait? By moving the trial up the defense doesn't have as much time to prepare.

I agree with the bolded statement above!

I think they have the nations attention and dont want it to fade.

1. prosecution has a strong case

2. they have other cases they need and want to get to work on
(i think LE is doing a great job but they have other things on the stove that need to be cooked besides casey :eek: ) :coffeeup: even though they are no doubt emotionally attached they are professionals and there are other people missing that deserve time and this case is eating man hours and money

3. tactical move - show of strength

4. they are anxious to prosecute because they want justice also

and a few other dozen reasons :crazy:

question:
shouldn't the other atty be the one answering all these court things? --- I thought Baez wasn't qualified to thus the new guy...(& since this is about he murder charges)
thanks

It also pushes the defense and in this case, I think it's a good thingl. The fact that the prosecution is ready to move ahead should scare the pants out of the defense. I predicts, however, at the pretrial hearing that the defense will pull a delay motion out of their hats.

I am trying to think out loud here... maybe I'm just kinda thick...

What advantage is it to them to move the trial up instead of waiting an extra month to be extra-prepared?

Do you think it's to attempt to force Casey into giving something up... kind of like "well they want to SPEED UP the trial. They must have something baaaaaad. Ok, here's what you want to know!" ?

Ideas? Thoughts? Opinions? (Ha, like I had to ask for THOSE! :p)

Hi hinkymeter,

Remember when the series "Lost" first aired. So many people were hooked and trying to guess the mystery. Then came the big surprise: The writer's were making the story up as they went along and even they didn't know how how the story ended.

Casey will only have so much time now to figure out what story she's going to tell that will tie up all of the lose ends in it. I don't believe she can pull it off. JMHO.

It also pushes the defense and in this case, I think it's a good thingl. The fact that the prosecution is ready to move ahead should scare the pants out of the defense. I predicts, however, at the pretrial hearing that the defense will pull a delay motion out of their hats.

What delay motions can they use? This is the first big case I have followed, so I know nothing about that. Can they just say they aren't ready? TIA.

What delay motions can they use? This is the first big case I have followed, so I know nothing about that. Can they just say they aren't ready? TIA.
A pretrial hearing is to determine if they are ready for a trial. There are many ways to form a delay motion - witnesses haven't been deposed, witnesses are out of town, experts haven't done their testing. I'm sure there are many others they can use all - oh, the most common - defense hasn't received all the discovery. I have yet to see a defense atty admit that they have received all the discovery.

I don't think the prosecution is necessarily looking for an advantage. If they're ready to go, and feel they've accurately assessed the defense's competency and case preparednes, they may well have simply decided to give themselves - and the hard-working LE team - a well-deserved rip-roaring floor-rolling belly laugh.

I know I almost peed my pants laughing when I read it :)

A pretrial hearing is to determine if they are ready for a trial. There are many ways to form a delay motion - witnesses haven't been deposed, witnesses are out of town, experts haven't done their testing. I'm sure there are many others they can use all - oh, the most common - defense hasn't received all the discovery. I have yet to see a defense atty admit that they have received all the discovery.

Thank you for your answer. So, yeah, I'm sure they will do this. We'll be waiting forever. Ugh!

Hi hinkymeter,

Remember when the series "Lost" first aired. So many people were hooked and trying to guess the mystery. Then came the big surprise: The writer's were making the story up as they went along and even they didn't know how how the story ended.

Casey will only have so much time now to figure out what story she's going to tell that will tie up all of the lose ends in it. I don't believe she can pull it off. JMHO.

Dang it! I'm just now watching Lost! Your a spoil sport. LOL!

LOL, Spangle. They've agreed on an ending now. :)

remember they have been "preparing" for this while KC was out.....I'm thinking with all that time they should have figured out at least one story line and stuck to it...but alas they just kept throwing them out there...

I agree with the strong case and giving defense little time - I also think that the prosecution will rush the defense into getting another venue, not enough time to request and find - PLUS the jury selection will be in December - LE can also do more massive searches with water receding, weather is more favorable

I'm looking forward to TruTV coverage - it will be very interesting to see the defense case - if it's anything like the Entwistle defense garbage, the trial will last 2 weeks at most and the verdict will come down quickly

The prosecution feels they have a very strong case that will sway a jury. Going for a trial at this speed may also be designed to spook the already questionable defense and pathological defendant into possibly looking for a plea deal.

Instead of sitting with Casey in his office for 6 hours per day, he should have been deposing witnesses etc. Instead his "team" was off on a wild goose chase following up fake Caylee sightings. Wonder what ever happened to that picture?? Also, he is preparing for all of her fraud charges as well, it seems like a lot for one guy to handle.

Instead of sitting with Casey in his office for 6 hours per day, he should have been deposing witnesses etc. Instead his "team" was off on a wild goose chase following up fake Caylee sightings. Wonder what ever happened to that picture?? Also, he is preparing for all of her fraud charges as well, it seems like a lot for one guy to handle.

I keep thinking isn't the new guy in charge of the murder trial? I thought Baez wasn't able to defend her for that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back