Brad's shopping excursions on the morning of 7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
Since the police are focusing on these activities, what he was wearing, and there is much forum interest in discussion, it would be good to have a place dedicated to talking about all facets of Brad's shopping trips on the morning of 7/12/08.

How many grocery store trips did Brad take on 7/12?

We know from the HT video that he changed his shoes from dark sneakers to those sandals (and LE was seeking both pairs during execution of the most recent SW).

Did Brad change his shirt?

I think it is interesting that he would change his shoes. I will have to go back and look at those videos again.

Yes, not only did he change his shoes, but it looks very possible he changed sweaters/sweatshirts. One shows a crew type neck while the other one shows a collar sticking out with a slight v neck. Colors are similiar, but the collar is quite visible.

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/CM/Investigation/Grocery-Receipts-and-Actual-Surveillance-Video.asp

Actually, changing shoes makes his story much more believable. He went to get milk...got home, took off his shoes (like I do every time I walk in the house). NC said we need detergent, so he puts on his flip flops to run back out. Because of the short duration between the videos, it makes sense. You can choose not to see the same thing I do, but it makes sense.

Actually, changing shoes makes his story much more believable. He went to get milk...got home, took off his shoes (like I do every time I walk in the house). NC said we need detergent, so he puts on his flip flops to run back out. Because of the short duration between the videos, it makes sense. You can choose not to see the same thing I do, but it makes sense.
Let's see if there is forensic evidence on the tennis shoes first.

No, I don't get it. If he took the time to put on tennis shoes to go out in the first place...changing his shoes makes no sense to me. Why didn't he put on his flip flops to begin with? THAT would make sense being it was so early in the morning.

Not only does he change shoes, but possibly changes shirts. Again, this makes no logical sense to me either. I can see someone taking it off at the house, but a normal person early in the am on a weekend would simply put the same one on to go back to the store.

Shopping Stories

Brad's Story per deposition:

He was up at 4 am with Katie. Nancy got up about 25 minutes later, closer to 430 am. At approximately 6 am he leaves to go get milk. He takes Lochmere west to Kildaire Farm Road, north to HT for this trip. He comes home after purchasing 2% milk. He notices there is no detergent and goes back out to go to HT. This trip, he takes Cary Parkway north to Tryon Road, west to Kildaire Farm Road. While at this light he states Nancy called him to get juice. He turns south on Kildaire Farm Road into HT. He purchases Tide and the green slime juice and returns home. He fixes Katie a bottle and takes her upstairs. Nancy leaves the house, unseen at approximately 7 am. Brad doesn't know what she is wearing.

The Video story:

Brad is seen at 622 am purchasing milk at HT.

Brad is seen at 644 am purchasing detergent and juice at HT.

The local story:

Brad was up and went to HT to buy detergent at 420 am.

The vaildated story to date:

Brad was in HT at 622 and 644 am - he did purchase the items he said he purchased - those items are visible in the HT videos.

Some questions:

1. Would Brad admit to LE that he was at HT at 622 and 644 am IF he was in this same store at 420 am ?

2. Why did the first trip to HT take him in the direction of where Nancy's body was found ?

3. Why did he take a different route for the second trip which took him in the opposite direction of where Nancy's body was found ?

4. Why would Brad be wearing a long sleeve shirt in both trips because it was cool, with tennis shoes the first trip and on the second trip be wearing sandals with no socks ?

5. Why in one affidavit did he claim he noticed there was no detergent and went back to the store, then change that to he noticed it but Nancy asked him to go get detergent ?

6. Why were Nancy and Brad both unaware there was no juice for the girls but they both knew there was no milk and no detergent ?

7. Why did K & B only post the videos showing the two trips to HT between 6 and 7 am but nothing for the 420 am time period ?

8. K & B says Brad said he never went to HT at 420, so why bother showing the 6 to 7 am video since they were so worried about Brad's reputation and the rumors ?

9. Do the videos posted by K & B actually prove Brad was not at HT at 420 am ?

10. Did K & B obtain from HT a copy of video which covered from 4 am to say 5 am to verify the veracity of Brad's statement that he did not go at the 420am time ? For some reason they deflected to the 6 to 7 am time period only while trying to argue a completely different time frame of 4 am.

11. If K & B did not look at video from 4 am to 5am, does this validate K & B's statement about Brad not going at 420 am as being correct ?

12. If they looked at it and saw nothing, why not add the clip to support the claim made on the website?

So it goes, this one is going to have to wait for trial for resolution. But there are sufficient questions to consider it is possible he went, just as there are questions to support it not happening.

Let's see if there is forensic evidence on the tennis shoes first.

No, I don't get it. If he took the time to put on tennis shoes to go out in the first place...changing his shoes makes no sense to me. Why didn't he put on his flip flops to begin with? THAT would make sense being it was so early in the morning.

Not only does he change shoes, but possibly changes shirts. Again, this makes no logical sense to me either. I can see someone taking it off at the house, but a normal person early in the am on a weekend would simply put the same one on to go back to the store.

I've done this though...I've come in, taken my shoes off, and put on something different when leaving. I've also taken 2 different routes back to back to go to the same place. Sometimes, I'll take 1 route going and another coming back.

What it shows to me is a casualness of his activity....not the actions of someone that just killed their wife. Changing shoes wouldn't make sense for an alibi. I doubt he knew the store was video taped. I've never really thought about it. It also proves he went home.

Let's see the video in HT for the time frame in question. This would be a better way to judge he wasn't there...correct?

Let's see the video in HT for the time frame in question. This would be a better way to judge he wasn't there...correct?

Seems like you would have to have all of the videos for all entrances for a large time frame. How do you suppose we can get those?

I've done this though...I've come in, taken my shoes off, and put on something different when leaving. I've also taken 2 different routes back to back to go to the same place. Sometimes, I'll take 1 route going and another coming back.

What it shows to me is a casualness of his activity....not the actions of someone that just killed their wife. Changing shoes wouldn't make sense for an alibi. I doubt he knew the store was video taped. I've never really thought about it. It also proves he went home.
From the start, I noticed that Brad isn't a "haphazard" type. He is very type A personality. They do not often change a routine or a habit. I think it would be out of character for a person to change his route, his shoes, his shirts etc. This to me would indicate that he had reasons for doing so. (Or he is lying and none of it happened...so he provided too many details.)

It doesn't prove he went home as he could have kept another shirt and his flip flops in the car.

So I just went to Mapquest and was checking out BC's routes to HT and the site where NC was found and noticed at the top of the page - Kurtz and Blum are listed as a sponsored link...wondering if when BC was planning things out if that is how he got the contact.

creepy

Seems like you would have to have all of the videos for all entrances for a large time frame. How do you suppose we can get those?
LOL I don't suppose we can. However, it appears that he came in the same door twice so if he is a type A personality (like I believe he is), it would mean we only needed to view that door to see if he came in near to the 4:00 am mark. (I would have to assume LE has those tapes already.)

So I just went to Mapquest and was checking out BC's routes to HT and the site where NC was found and noticed at the top of the page - Kurtz and Blum are listed as a sponsored link...wondering if when BC was planning things out if that is how he got the contact.

creepy
Or so many people were viewing the route, they decided it was a great place to advertise. :waitasec:

LOL I don't suppose we can. However, it appears that he came in the same door twice so if he is a type A personality (like I believe he is), it would mean we only needed to view that door to see if he came in near to the 4:00 am mark. (I would have to assume LE has those tapes already.)

The only tape necessary would be the one covering the only open check out between 4 and 5 am. Not a big task.

Good point! I would love to see it. A girl can dream, can't she?!

There could be a reason K & B didn't bother with it, or couldn't get it. It is a very weak argument to show what the jailed one bought between 6 and 7 am when trying to refute that he wasn't in the store at 420 am which was what K & B was attempting to prove on their website. Smoke and mirrors.

Smoke and mirrors 101. I wonder if that is an actual Law course?! LOL

Btw~ Does anyone know of a man, especially at that time of the morning, who wouldn't be ticked off when asked to go shopping for one item at a time repeatedly?! After what we have heard about their arguments in the past, I find it difficult to believe Brad simply said, "Sure, Honey...let me go back and get that for you immediately since right now is the only time you can do laundry!". Yeah...right.

Smoke and mirrors 101. I wonder if that is an actual Law course?! LOL

Dunno but I would be very interested to know if K & B shared their big lead they got through their website with LE prior to that person giving an affidavit. From her comments it seems K & B brought her in to do a photo identification for that affidavit. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine