Divers pulled a suspicious bag from a waterway behind the Blanchard Park

Wow, then the number didn't climb much from this morning or early afternoon when I heard that the count was only at 1100.

How disappointing, huh?

Not disappointing at ALL. She said it was close to 3,000 roughly...what could possibly be disappointing about that? :waitasec: Were YOU out there searching? If not, I would suggest you don't criticize the good people who DID.

You too! You must have a shorter drive home that I did, and I had to laugh when I got home, DH had ordered Pizza for dinner.

Thanks to everyone who kept the Pizza, food and water coming! I'll be back to search on my next day off if we are still searching!

Our last search was stopped by LE in the area because we were in an area that is a government preserve? I thought all preserve areas were cleared with LE before the search for us to go in but I guess not. So I got home about 5. super tired.

I was so happy to have an ice cold coke and a slice of Pizza Hut (can I say their name here?) they deserve the recognition, during the first break!! There wasn't an over abundance of food/drink, but there was enough and that's what matters! Everyone was so nice!

I was driving back from a football game in Harmony, FL today was was taking the toll road. It was about 4:15 pm and we got just past Curry Ford Rd Exit and we saw a pick-up parked on the side, with an officer and about 3 citizens with walking sticks on the side of the road. I could see a cell tower 30 feet in the woods behind. I immediately said, "those are searchers!" and got goosebumps. I don't have the guts to do it myself. I hope all those fearless men and women find her soon! You are heros, every one of you!

Wow, then the number didn't climb much from this morning or early afternoon when I heard that the count was only at 1100.

How disappointing, huh?
NO, she said the guy at the search estimated around 3000. Hope that helps!

NO, she said the guy at the search estimated around 3000. Hope that helps!

The FoxNews Orlando video (the one discussing the yellow tape) shows a newscaster reporting that only about 1100 people showed up and that TES said they needed another 2000 to perform the search as planned. So did they get the extra 2000....?

How disappointing, huh?

Why disappointing? The only thing thats disappointing is that 3000 strangers were prepared to travel across the States to try and ensure that that little girl had a dignified burial and that its left to strangers to care enough to try and put an end to all this. Such a shame her own family dont care enough. MOO

Thanks to all the wonderful searchers searching for Caylee while the A's either sit in jail, or sit at home on the computer or the telephone. I don't understand how they could even show their faces in public knowing what they have spawned, let alone on national TV. For shame!!!

Yeah, I saw it. I saw their group early this AM and they were supposed to be on our bus but weren't. I didn't understand what you mean about attacked though so I figure I just missed it...:waitasec:
It was FloridaKatz who had posted it. sorry for the confusion. get some well deserved rest tonight.

Fox news aren't the only news station reporting that the search count today was only 1100 - 1500.

Many of them are.

Well, you should have showed up then. Then, according to your sources, it would have been 1101 - 1501.

All I know when I left out on the first bus this morning is that the command center was wall to wall people, I would not even presume to guess at the amount of people there and when I signed out this afternoon? It took me quite a while just to get to the table to sign out.

There were a LOT of people there today!

Then you should like feddup a lot...She treats her animal better then she treats herself.
Feddup this one is for you :blowkiss:

awww well it is true LOL
He would be in the backyard, that was my preference but it was 90 degrees here that day and hubs well, our yard is alot of trees and roots to get through so took him to the Vets.
But...theres NO way I could take him and throw him in a lake or pond:eek:
And I cant IMAGINE doing that to a 3 yr old child:mad:
I just wish KC would tell where Caylee IS I saw a young guy on TV last night looked younger than my son and my God, he shouldnt have to come across a dead little girl, KC=scum of the earth for not telling and putting people through this:furious:

songline, the weather here today was very nice, at least it wasnt hot.

So, did the 5000 searchers show up as was predicted?
From what I've read there were somewhere between 1000-2000. Wow! Just thinking about these kind souls makes me weepy. This beautiful little girl is so loved. G-d Bless all the searchers.

All I know when I left out on the first bus this morning is that the command center was wall to wall people, I would not even presume to guess at the amount of people there and when I signed out this afternoon? It took me quite a while just to get to the table to sign out.

There were a LOT of people there today!
Thanks for being one of them!!

The FoxNews Orlando video (the one discussing the yellow tape) shows a newscaster reporting that only about 1100 people showed up and that TES said they needed another 2000 to perform the search as planned. So did they get the extra 2000....?
I was just repeating what the earlier poster had said. She was there and heard close to 3000. I'll trust TES over media.

*I also read back and just realized that the poster I was responding to is not really interested in how many came and is stirring the pot, so to speak.

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but see many others knew better. Sad, isn't it? It must really suck to be someone like that.

Fox news aren't the only news station reporting that the search count today was only 1100 - 1500.

Many of them are.
Ah. "only"?...It's the largest search in US history. There were a LOT of people there.

Friday night I got Trish's permission to do the following - I was very moved.

I work at KSC for a NASA subcontractor. We received a rare thing as employees on Friday - posters 11X17 of both shuttles on both launch pads. These will not be available to the public - but there will be similar ones later. We (Americans) will never again see two shuttles out there at the same time, it was history.

I framed my poster after writing on the top "To TES with whole-hearted gratitude From your friends at websleuths.com". All with Trish's permission. All day I saw Tim was surrounded by workers and very busy. I felt sad that I wouldn't be able to personally give it to him, but I was getting it to at least TES no matter what.

About 2PM I went to the TES tent and spoke to Craig? that was the microphone guy again. I explained the poster, how rare it is and to please get it to Tim for him and all of TES from all of the Websleuthers who are so grateful for all they do. He was pretty shocked and said he would get it directly to Tim. Right then, I swear out of the blue, Tim walked up all by himself and asked if we were looking for him. I almost fainted!

Craig explained the poster to him. He looked genuinely shocked too. He looked at me - oh gosh, I'm almost crying now - and he grabbed me over the ropes and gave me a huge hug. We were both shaking. I told him that I was so glad on behalf of all the Websleuthers that he liked it because he and TES means so much to us. He looked at the poster again, read the words and looked at me again with his eyes all welling up with tears.

I honestly didn't know it would hit them this hard. He gave me another really big hug and said thank you over and over and I said thank you over and over - yeesh sounds ridiculous - I said we could never find Caylee without you. He said "no, WE could never find Caylee without you and your group". We both smiled, nodded at each other and I got with my team to go out again as he was all of a sudden mobbed by people all over again.

It was soooo humbling and honoring for me. It's so impossible to describe how he makes everyone feel but you can take how he makes you feel seeing him on TV and multiply by about 1,000!!! Never had anyone look into my soul like that before except a dog I had (avatar). He is truly a wonderful man. I would move mountains if he asked me to!! In a minute!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back