SC - Rebecca 'Kat' Southerlin, 36, dies while escaping kidnapper, Iva, 1 Dec 2008

capoly

Reaction score
Kidnapped Woman Declared Legally Dead

"A woman, who fell out of a moving car to escape her kidnapper, has been declared legally dead, the Anderson County Sheriff's office said.

Police said the suspect is a man out on bond for two prior kidnapping charges....

Deputies said this is the third time in three months that Davenport has been arrested on kidnapping charges.

On Sept. 7, Davenport was arrested and charged with kidnapping and assault and battery of a high and aggravated Nature that occurred on Highway 88 in Pendleton.

On Oct. 9, he was arrested was arrested and charged with kidnapping and assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for an incident that occurred on Shiflet Road, Anderson.

Deputies said his parents bailed him out both times.News 4 spoke with Davenport's mother Tuesday night on the phone. She said they're very upset about what happened. She said she bonded her son out of jail in the past because she said he's dying from a heart condition."

http://www.wyff4.com/news/18187973/detail.html

HELLO?#!???
Things are escalating-he's out of control-3 kidnappings in 3 months and this time we have a deceased victim.

Let's pray there is NO BOND.

Now, there is a woman dead. Maybe they'll keep him this time. :furious:

And as long as bail is being set by idiot judges and he has Mama he'll continue to be bailed out... The judicial system (or portions of it) needs to be re-written to prevent crap like this from happening. Rapists, murderers, kidnappers, molesters... all get out because of idiot judges and stupid family memebers.

And as long as bail is being set by idiot judges and he has Mama he'll continue to be bailed out... The judicial system (or portions of it) needs to be re-written to prevent crap like this from happening. Rapists, murderers, kidnappers, molesters... all get out because of idiot judges and stupid family memebers.

I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe what I was reading. They can always set the bail up higher then the person can afford to insure them not getting out. He kidnappes...gets bonded out and then does it again!!! That should tell the worthless judge something. Now a third one and she is dead. That judge should be taken to court and booted off the bench. It's terrible.

If I was this monsters mother I wouldn't want him out of jail. I'm sorry that she is dying but what about the women he keeps kidnapping and the dead one?

Just read ....no bond this time!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe what I was reading. They can always set the bail up higher then the person can afford to insure them not getting out. He kidnappes...gets bonded out and then does it again!!! That should tell the worthless judge something. Now a third one and she is dead. That judge should be taken to court and booted off the bench. It's terrible.

If I was this monsters mother I wouldn't want him out of jail. I'm sorry that she is dying but what about the women he keeps kidnapping and the dead one?

Just read ....no bond this time!!!!!!!
(my bold)

No, Bobbisangel, she's not dying.....

"She said she bonded her son out of jail in the past because she said he's dying from a heart condition."

:silenced: .... :ziplip: ..... :lipssealed: trying not to say it....

Why isn't the driver of the car being charged as well? Maybe he turned state's evidence?
The mother of this wacko seems to be in denial her son has problems with kidnapping people. A lot of people walk around with heart conditions; shouldn't make him an exception to the rule.

He took a mother away from her 2 children!

"Sutherlin is being kept on life support until her organs can be harvested for donation.Sutherlin's son, Shannon Smith, said, "She would want someone else to have what life been taken from her. And I know she would be grateful somebody survived because of her."
http://www.wyff4.com/news/18195262/detail.html#-

She sounded like such a beautiful person too. =(

Why isn't the driver of the car being charged as well? Maybe he turned state's evidence?
The mother of this wacko seems to be in denial her son has problems with kidnapping people. A lot of people walk around with heart conditions; shouldn't make him an exception to the rule.

He took a mother away from her 2 children!

"Sutherlin is being kept on life support until her organs can be harvested for donation.Sutherlin's son, Shannon Smith, said, "She would want someone else to have what life been taken from her. And I know she would be grateful somebody survived because of her."
http://www.wyff4.com/news/18195262/detail.html#-

She sounded like such a beautiful person too. =(

I'm not one that believes in suing on a whim but....

'News 4 spoke with Davenport's mother Tuesday night on the phone. She said sh and her husband are very upset about what happened. She said she bonded her son out of jail in the past because he's dying from a heart condition.Sutherlin's brother said, "The state keeps letting him out. His mom and them put up almost $100,000. They got a little money, property and own homes."'

Sutherlin's children need to get a lawyer!

"...he's dying from a heart condition"...he's not dying fast enough.

And his pathetic excuse for a mother....there really are times when a couple foul curse words are sufficient for description. Just don't want to get banned for the likes of her. Between her though and Cindy Anthony, Jackie Peterson etc,etc....one of the accepted definitions for mother is soon going to be 'accomplice to crime'.

God bless the Sutherlin family and the people blessed by their loving donations.

I blame the judge not the mother. He should be charged! He is the one who has allowed this man to continue his spree and end up killing a woman. Disgusting!!! GRRR!

I blame the judge not the mother. He should be charged! He is the one who has allowed this man to continue his spree and end up killing a woman. Disgusting!!! GRRR!

You know when to blame and when not to blame re legal system. So when you post re blame Judge than I know there was legal opportunity for a decision different than the one he made.

I do blame the Judge also. But it's blame based on emotional opinion not legal opinion so not worth posting.

Loving your GRRRs!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back