Caylee Is Not Findable - FACT?

...Then they go on NG, raise $70,000 or however much, and again say that they are going to stay until they find her.

On only the second day of the search, TM goes on a radio show and says that they are never gonna find her and they are packing up and going where another family is looking for someone (after they donated 30k? (is that true?)).

Despite that fact that he even said only 60-70% of the areas LE wanted searched were cleared. But yet he now says she is unfindable. BASED ON WHAT!?!?!....

So where did the money raised go?

Egypt: I must ask have you ever been on a search like this? I have. Searchers faced the same daunting task finding Danielle vanDam. I remember searching for hours. We were allowed 4 hour shifts. One of our team members broke her foot. It was exhausting, and I kept thinking how in the heck are we ever going to find this child? Police were not searching at this time, the Laura Recovery Center was in charge of the search. They had an investigator I believe by the name of Garcia, who graphed out places for us to search by using a common driving route Westerfield MAY have taken when going out to the dunnes. It paid off but the ONLY reason she was found was because Westerfield left her exposed in a heap of trash on the side of the road. Now just imagine searching for a child over hundreds of miles here where you have bogs, allegators, and knowledge that there is a good chance she had been buried since Casey borrowed a shovel? It literally is like searching for a needle in a haystack and if you think TES has money left over from all their donnations, think again. All these searchers (in this case over 1500 of them) had to be fed, trucked to locations and all those from TES had to fly out and stay in motels. $70K goes by in the blink of an eye.

As a citizen I would rather that money go into further testing on evidence we do have. I agree with Tim that continuing this search is probably fruitless at this point unless another lead comes up. But you have NO idea of what is involved unless you have acutally been out to search for a child.

And it was just a clump of Lori Hacking's hair that they found. Surely, they could find something of little Caylee's!
Lori was found about 3 months after she went missing and
they found more than a clump of her hair.

I think if Caylee was in the landfill they could find something... I think
the problem is not knowing where to search in the landfill for her.
With Lori they knew the day she went missing and where the trash for that
day was dumped.

I think too many people put too much emphasis on "finding the body". Of course finding the body brings closure, but in this day and age with forensic science as advanced as it is we need to trust that testing will reveal what most likely happened to Caylee. Just last night I was watching a true life case in which the killer went to the trouble of dismembering his victims placing them in barrels and storing them for months, later dumping their bodies just to be convicted on a single drop of blood he missed while he scoured the storage shed with bleech, he later led authorites to the body. All this trouble murderers go through because they "think" they can out smart us. But NO ONE can outsmart DNA. I believe the "stain" in Casey's trunk will be her undoing. I believe forensics will be able to determine in fact it came from Caylee and they will also pin point that it came from her decomposing body.

Egypt: I must ask have you ever been on a search like this? I have. Searchers faced the same daunting task finding Danielle vanDam. I remember searching for hours. We were allowed 4 hour shifts. One of our team members broke her foot. It was exhausting, and I kept thinking how in the heck are we ever going to find this child? Police were not searching at this time, the Laura Recovery Center was in charge of the search. They had an investigator I believe by the name of Garcia, who graphed out places for us to search by using a common driving route Westerfield MAY have taken when going out to the dunnes. It paid off but the ONLY reason she was found was because Westerfield left her exposed in a heap of trash on the side of the road. Now just imagine searching for a child over hundreds of miles here where you have bogs, allegators, and knowledge that there is a good chance she had been buried since Casey borrowed a shovel? It literally is like searching for a needle in a haystack and if you think TES has money left over from all their donnations, think again. All these searchers (in this case over 1500 of them) had to be fed, trucked to locations and all those from TES had to fly out and stay in motels. $70K goes by in the blink of an eye.

As a citizen I would rather that money go into further testing on evidence we do have. I agree with Tim that continuing this search is probably fruitless at this point unless another lead comes up. But you have NO idea of what is involved unless you have acutally been out to search for a child.

I was on the Nov 8 search two days, cut my finger pretty badly, got scraped from head to toe, had over a hundred burrs that had to be picked or cut out of my hair from going through shrubs, dozens of mosquito bites (despite bug spray), and so on. I know how overwhelming it is on many levels, esp in this case where there's no witnesses coming forth.

I am okay with TES leaving, I don't run the world and they can do what they want. I just do not get why they are still talking to the media and discouraging other searchers. What purpose does that serve? That's my big question.

If they know something, then they and media should say that for reasons they will not share at this time, they know the body will not be found in Orlando and for all searchers to stop searching. Why? So no one gets hurt searching for something that LE knows 100% won't be found. But TES is saying they are leaving 100 searchers in Orlando to continue the search. Makes no sense to me.

I may edit my post, I don't want to get in trouble for being negative, but I wanted to reply to your post either way.

She's not unfindable. HER MOTHER KNOWS WHERE SHE IS!!!

Casey KNOWS what happened, but the sick little %^&*! won't say and this hoopla from her attorney & Cindy about how we will all get wide-eyed and gasp OF COURSE! when she finally opens her mouth makes me so angry!

how much of Caylee is left to find?

JBean
user_invisible.gif

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean
This thread has the potential to cross over to the "Negative Posting" referenced by Tricia in the sticky at the top of the forum.
Please beware and be careful.
Thanks

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75117

PLease self edit if you have anything that violates this request from Tricia.

Are you saying you take away Egypt's right to an opinion if she hasn't actually searched?! Horse hocky.

I have been on a search for a missing child that was known to be dead and I can tell you those searchers wouldn't have dreamed of stopping until she was found. They certainly wouldn't have halted early and then pronounced it was a hopeless task because it was difficult.

I was on the Nov 8 search two days, cut my finger pretty badly, got scraped from head to toe, had over a hundred burrs that had to be picked or cut out of my hair from going through shrubs, dozens of mosquito bites (despite bug spray), and so on. I know how overwhelming it is on many levels, esp in this case where there's no witnesses coming forth.

I am okay with TES leaving, I don't run the world and they can do what they want. I just do not get why they are still talking to the media and discouraging other searchers. What purpose does that serve? That's my big question.

If they know something, then they and media should say that for reasons they will not share at this time, they know the body will not be found in Orlando and for all searchers to stop searching. Why? So no one gets hurt searching for something that LE knows 100% won't be found. But TES is saying they are leaving 100 searchers in Orlando to continue the search. Makes no sense to me.

I may edit my post, I don't want to get in trouble for being negative, but I wanted to reply to your post either way.

I could be wrong but it appeared to me that LE was working pretty closely with TES. There may have been some information that LE shared with them that made them think that needed to pull out. It may be that LE has decided to pull off their men for economic purposes that would have made it harder for TES to continue. I think Tim from all accounts that I have seen or read on his man put his heart into this. Everyone wants to find this child, and they have been looking for quite some time. That's honorable of you that you took the time to search like so many have. I know if either of my children went missing I would want everyone looking for them. This case is so unusual because we don't really have any warm feelings towards anyone in the family except for Caylee. I think this case would have sparked far more searchers had the Anthony's not have been so negative to the public. But how many money time and resources is enough? If it's your child, it's never enough, but I believe TES gave it their best shot and I commend them for that.

What's really up w/TM? The last search he cut short after an altercation w/LP, now to say Caylee is unfindable. After all his repeated pledges "to bring her home". He sure solicited enough for cash yet he doesn't seem stable or solid, his actions & words betray him. What does he know he's not saying & have no clue about his mindset?

I tend to think that, being that MN and TM became friends here recently, and since MN knows the A's and their MO rather well, that MN, in a backwards kind of way, advised TM to back off with the we will find her bit and keep things more low key.

My personal feelings is that she IS findable... Casey just needs to stop being selfish and open her mouth and start spilling a little bit of truth in regards of what happened to Caylee and where she put her. As for TM and TES goes: I don't have their experience and insight, so I don't try to judge their actions. (mind you, that is not a put down jab to those that are expressing their ill feelings about Tim leaving: you have every right to feel the way you do and your opinions on it deserve respect.)

From the get-go, it has been a fight to find out what happened to Caylee... I just hope soon, very soon, something concrete is found and that baby can be brought home to a peaceful resting place. (And I will say: I'm more than willing to eat crow, but with a huge smile on my face, if she is brought home alive.)

I tend to think that, being that MN and TM became friends here recently, and since MN knows the A's and their MO rather well, that MN, in a backwards kind of way, advised TM to back off with the we will find her bit and keep things more low key.
Who's MN?

The searchers were fed & watered, not by TES but by private donors. The buses which moved searchers were donated. You can rent 3 bedroom condos in Orlando for less than a thousand a week and put up your main crew. I don't know about the motor home - someone said it was Tim's, someone else said it was donated. So what the truth is there we can only guess.

The expenses would have been the tent rentals which I was told was given to them 1/2 rate by the rental company. They had a generator which I assumed was theirs but could have been rented. ($300.00 a week) and the port a potties which I don't have a clue about the cost.

I just don't see the expenses myself. Can you fill me in a little more with details?

Are you saying you take away Egypt's right to an opinion if she hasn't actually searched?! Horse hocky.

I have been on a search for a missing child that was known to be dead and I can tell you those searchers wouldn't have dreamed of stopping until she was found. They certainly wouldn't have halted early and then pronounced it was a hopeless task because it was difficult.

Gardenhart: I never said Egypt wasn't entitled to her opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. There are many on this board that do not know what goes into a search effort like this, so before everyone goes on bashing Tim and TES they should understand what's involved. There was even endowendo about what he did with the 70K. I am just reminding everyone here, that there is only one person who knows where Caylee is, and her family apparently doesn't believe she is lying. They have also NEVER thanked any of the searchers for their efforts thus far, that I know of and they continue to make their daughter out to be the victim.

I just think we are losing focus here when we are questioning the good heartedness of Tim and TES. He did his best and HE is entitled to his opinion, don't you think Gardenhart? It's his opinion that Caylee will not be found. He bases that opinion on months of searching for her. He never states for others to STOP looking for her.

Giving up is not an option. LP will keep searching and others will join him.

I am disappointed in TM, but not surprised as he has said this before many times in reference to Caylee.

The only "fact" in the statement is that a LIVE Caylee can't be found. There are body parts that have survived thousands of years. Survived enough to give off DNA that has shown that Neanderthals had red hair.

Teeth and bones last a long time and gators can't digest them. There are other things out there associated with Caylee that CAN be found and are not subject to the decomposition that a body is. So so to totally give up adn throw in the towel is a defeatist attitude.

I think too many people put too much emphasis on "finding the body". Of course finding the body brings closure, but in this day and age with forensic science as advanced as it is we need to trust that testing will reveal what most likely happened to Caylee. Just last night I was watching a true life case in which the killer went to the trouble of dismembering his victims placing them in barrels and storing them for months, later dumping their bodies just to be convicted on a single drop of blood he missed while he scoured the storage shed with bleech, he later led authorites to the body. All this trouble murderers go through because they "think" they can out smart us. But NO ONE can outsmart DNA. I believe the "stain" in Casey's trunk will be her undoing. I believe forensics will be able to determine in fact it came from Caylee and they will also pin point that it came from her decomposing body.

My bold.

I don't think anyone is putting too much emphasis on finding the body (is that even possible?). To me it is 100% priority #1. Every person has the right to be laid to rest properly, especially someone as innocent as a 2-year old child. Some people are here solely because they want to see KC get the DP, others are here for the sole purpose of giving sweet Caylee the respect she deserves.

I've always said that no matter how horrible murdering her own child is, I would rather see KC get a lesser sentence if it meant that Caylee's remains are given respect.

To be honest, I have NEVER seen this before in all the years I have been involved in searches. There are times searches are called off due to time restraints or when it was in a river or a lake, because eventually they would "float up" and someone would find them, but never where someone said they couldn't be found. There are people found after years of searching, usually accidentally or from a tip, but they are found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back