Orange County Law Enforcement Strategy

Pattymarie

Reaction score
LE's strategy of releasing information has long intruiged me. It is fascinating. I would love to know the inner-workings of how and when they release certain information such as the doc dumps, forensic findings and now these videos. I am impressed that the principals involved on this case are quiet and dignified. They are tight-lipped about the A family and are reserved on camera. There have been no leaks that we know of.

Has there been a pattern to their release of evidence? Do they only release when media requests it? Or is it all legal strategy? Is their main aim to get KC to confess? Get the parents to finally see the light? Or is their main aim to convict?

Why is some evidence released at certain times? Is there more to come? How does this all work? Is this considered "strategy?" to get to more truth?

LE's strategy of releasing information has long intruiged me. It is fascinating. I would love to know the inner-workings of how and when they release certain information such as the doc dumps, forensic findings and now these videos. I am impressed that the principals involved on this case are quiet and dignified. They are tight-lipped about the A family and are reserved on camera. There have been no leaks that we know of.

Has there been a pattern to their release of evidence? Do they only release when media requests it? Or is it all legal strategy? Is their main aim to get KC to confess? Get the parents to finally see the light? Or is their main aim to convict?

Why is some evidence released at certain times? Is there more to come? How does this all work? Is this considered "strategy?" to get to more truth?

local media requests it and they have to release it according to florida law...I forget what it is called

local media requests it and they have to release it according to florida law...I forget what it is called

Sunshine law. They can withold items that are key to the investigation or being actively pursued. And I think the title of the thread should be Orange County LE??? OCSO is handling the case....

It is the Florida Sunshine Law. I believe information is not automatically released - it must be requested. There are certain groundrules regarding the information that must be released as well. As a baseline, anything the defense is allowed to get and requests is fair game for release (any legal expert on this law, please weigh in).

Now, of course there is room for manipulation in the release of information. OCSO is by any measure swamped with work. Caylee's case represents a fraction of their workload. Thus, they and the prosecutor's office can reasonably argue that "hey, we are swamped. But we will be tickled to pass along the information as soon as we can after we get it. Also, please be ready to reimburse us for our expenses because we are taxpayer funded and they do not take kindly to bailouts."

OCSO and the prosecution office can use the "swamped defense" to successfully defend the prioritization of their releases. Simple example: Baez asked for all tips regarding live Caylee sightings and OCSO released psychic tips. "Hey, we gave them the 5000 on the top of the stack...cost $900 to photocopy...we are doing the best that we can." When I watched the live feed of the hearing on the motions, I could almost see the prosecution and judge wink at each other as Baez whined. "Hey man, we have 30,000 pages of documents. It takes time and energy to run them through a copier and send them to you. On top of that, we have 350 other cases we are working on that have guys like you hounding us for data because of the Florida Orange Juice Law. Cut us some slack pal."

This is a major reason why this trial will be moved. Baez cannot get all of the information soon enough, and OCSO cannot release it all fast enough.

IMO, Florida has the scariest open records laws I've ever seen. I'm not sure LE has any power to hold much of anything back.

Hi,
I just read this thread and don't know if it has been answered yet but I do know how this comes about..
The defense asks for certain evidence or prosecution could ask the defense and before handing things over. The requesting party can order the documents after they have first been filed in the court.
So once it is filed in the court with a stamp on it, it becomes public record.
The papers that are filed in court are put on a list for the public to see and can ask for any of it within 24 hours following the filing date.

IMO, Florida has the scariest open records laws I've ever seen. I'm not sure LE has any power to hold much of anything back.

Then why haven't we seen ALL the evidence? And why the timing of the evidence we HAVE seen?

I am also very impressed with the OCSO/LE/FBI strategy. Unlike other high profile cases, they are very tight-lipped. They know exactly what they have and how they're going to use it.

I believe they use the Sunshine Law exactly as JWG above descibed in post #5..but that they prioritize the info released (based on that the media, etc has requested probably just about everything they can think of) in a measured amount to solve the case.

Let me explain: Their strategy, which the "A" team doesn't realize, is to isolate and turn each other against each other because they can't crack KC. So they release things they know will cause great debate amongst the liars as they all have talked seperately..and until their statements/audio is released, they really don't know what the other said. I can imagine CA carping on GA about saying too much. Or trying to convince him he is "mistaken" in what he saw/heard/believes.

So LE releases measured doses of info, the last being the jail tapes, they discuss/bicker, they go before the camera to refute it, change the story, LE records it, and furthers their investigation.

I am certain that someone ( can't decide if it's GA or LA) has rolled over. JB knows this...but doesn't know who..so no one can see/talk to KC. Meanwhile, they have KC isolated away from them. She can't get thru to CA to find out. Hence the computer request by JB so he can bring in word docs (no internet). JB has no contact with the "A"s so he can't know either..even if he did, they are so lost in their lies they'd blame each other.

I can imagine the of the Brig screaming at JB like she's the captain of the team.

Don't fool yourselves, folks. The defense is what we called in the Marine Corps "A Charlie Foxtrot". So the LE is just playing the waiting game.

Excellent strategy. No doubt giving these clowns enough rope to hang themselves.

I thought it was released under foi (freedom of information) is that the same thing as sunshine law? (this is embarressing, as I live i florida) but no real knowledgable about the law.

Information on the Sunshine Law.

http://myfloridalegal.com/sunshine

Karate Dad,
You are killing me with your pictures. Cindy in the suitcase, however, takes the cake! I want to say Thank You :)clap::clap::clap::clap:) for the humor you inject into this depressing, pathetic soap opera starring the Ants. You rock, pal!

I am also very impressed with the OCSO/LE/FBI strategy. Unlike other high profile cases, they are very tight-lipped. They know exactly what they have and how they're going to use it.

I believe they use the Sunshine Law exactly as JWG above descibed in post #5..but that they prioritize the info released (based on that the media, etc has requested probably just about everything they can think of) in a measured amount to solve the case.

Let me explain: Their strategy, which the "A" team doesn't realize, is to isolate and turn each other against each other because they can't crack KC. So they release things they know will cause great debate amongst the liars as they all have talked seperately..and until their statements/audio is released, they really don't know what the other said. I can imagine CA carping on GA about saying too much. Or trying to convince him he is "mistaken" in what he saw/heard/believes.

So LE releases measured doses of info, the last being the jail tapes, they discuss/bicker, they go before the camera to refute it, change the story, LE records it, and furthers their investigation.

I am certain that someone ( can't decide if it's GA or LA) has rolled over. JB knows this...but doesn't know who..so no one can see/talk to KC. Meanwhile, they have KC isolated away from them. She can't get thru to CA to find out. Hence the computer request by JB so he can bring in word docs (no internet). JB has no contact with the "A"s so he can't know either..even if he did, they are so lost in their lies they'd blame each other.

I can imagine the of the Brig screaming at JB like she's the captain of the team.

Don't fool yourselves, folks. The defense is what we called in the Marine Corps "A Charlie Foxtrot". So the LE is just playing the waiting game.

Excellent strategy. No doubt giving these clowns enough rope to hang themselves.

ITA. Excellent post

I think after this case is over, the law is going to undergo some changes. It is obvious that it is a problem for too much information to be released and it should be addressed legally. While they can hold back information to be used for trial and for investigative purposes, the bulk of the releases are filled with things which COULD come up later for use in those areas. They are going to have to look at the overall picture and tweak the law accordingly, imo.

OCSO's strategy is very simple. Follow the facts and listen to their gut instincts instead of this family. They knew early on they were getting nothing from Casey or the A fam which would lead them to Caylee or to her location. They have worked tirelessly in an effort to stick to only the facts which do not lie such as forensics, witnesses, and the evidence. They have done an excellent job!! Bravo!! Justice for Caylee!

VA. I enjoy your posts! If you had to choose, GA or LA, who would you choose for 'rolling over'?

I wish I could really believe that GA was entirely truthful and 'told all' to the GJ but I just can't go that far.

LA? He has made me uneasy throughtout this whole mess. I can't believe in him either. Somehow I don't believe either of them is 'on the side of the anglels' in all this. (sigh)

IMO, I wonder if LE is trying to get them all nervous, so someone out there cracks with more info........someone with conscience.
I read (forget which LA tape at jail ) where KC told LA to look LOCALLY IN FAMILIAR PLACES KNOWN TO THEM AND PARENTS!!!

There is much more to come from OCSO. All of the documents/videos released are from early on in the investigation (most from July/August). Notice that nothing from September onward has been released. They have tons more to release.

There is much more to come from OCSO. All of the documents/videos released are from early on in the investigation (most from July/August). Notice that nothing from September onward has been released. They have tons more to release.

Agreed. I think when all is said and done, this whole family is going down. How differently this all could have turned out if ALL the players told the truth from the get go.

I wish I could really believe that GA was entirely truthful and 'told all' to the GJ but I just can't go that far.

LA? He has made me uneasy throughtout this whole mess. I can't believe in him either. Somehow I don't believe either of them is 'on the side of the anglels' in all this. (sigh)[/QUOTE]
(snipped)

Thank you for the compliment. I really appreciate it.

I think Lee. Why? Because GA didn't have enough info to roll over. He is def. an asset to LE..no doubt..but the perp and the quirk have kept him out of the loop. His days as Barney Fife got him far enough to realize there's something rotten in Denmark...but thats it. The little slumber party in the bedroom with the 2 of them while she was out on bond cemented that theory.

That leaves LA. He has always been for Caylee. As moronic as he looked playing Columbo, his heart was to find Caylee. I feel thats why he has withdrawn. I think when he got filled in by the supreme leader of what the deal was, he bailed on them and went to LE side. I don't think he has much to offer LE outside of being told by Abbott and Costello the truth. In other words, he didn't hang around, wear a wire, trap them, he just said "seee ya"

But I can't solve why GA lied about the chase. It doesnt make sense. At all. Even for this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back