AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know who called who here. Given that the couple was divorcing, it seems odd that she would call him at just the right moment. Not impossible, just odd. And it could be that they were attempting to reconcile. More info on this front would be nice.

Second, I would really like to know if either gentleman had life insurance and if so, for how much.

Salem

Don't know who called who, but it is the call that caused enough delay to get Mr. Romans killed. Do you think it's strange that she asked "Where's Vinnie"? Why would she care?

Don't know anything about insurance.

I disagree. We know that an officer said that the grandmother and grandfather spoke those words, but we really have no frame of reference, and won't until the grandmother is on the stand. As to the stepmother, we cannot say that "most likely his stepmom says the boy was capable." As far as I know, NONE of her interview has been publicized, nor has she spoken out. We can speculate, and that's about it for now.

I agree Soobs - as Shock said earlier "if the statement is true" when referring to Ms. Romens comment. The same needs to be said here. If the grandmother and stepmom are friends, the stepmom could have been "working" the grandmother and playing her against her grandson. This is SPECULATION on my part, but my point is that all comments by the adults that have a stake in this situation needed to be carefully scrutinized for trustworthiness. All of these adults had some "hold" over the child and a stake in end result of this tragedy.

Nothing should be taken for granted here. This is an 8-year old that is alleged to have committed a double homicide under near impossible physical conditions. Before throwing him to the wolves, I think we need and the court needs to be certain of what happened.

Salem

I really want to know who called who here. Given that the couple was divorcing, it seems odd that she would call him at just the right moment. Not impossible, just odd. And it could be that they were attempting to reconcile. More info on this front would be nice.

Second, I would really like to know if either gentleman had life insurance and if so, for how much.

Salem

From what the PDF statements have said no divorce papers were ever filled. If divorce was on the horizon I don't think Tim let his wife in on it...yet.

She would know about what time they usually leave work (around 4:30 pm?), so calling him not too long after then seems reasonable to me. JMO.

IIRC, one of the officers that gave the interview to BB said they found no insurance policies on VR.

imoo

Don't know who called who, but it is the call that caused enough delay to get Mr. Romans killed. Do you think it's strange that she asked "Where's Vinnie"? Why would she care?

Don't know anything about insurance.

Yes, I think it is really strange. Unless she asked the question after he said the kid was calling him, then it would be natural "why's he calling you, where's his dad" kind of thing.

I also think it is strange that if they are divorcing, he would call her "babe." Not impossible, could have done it from habit, but still. Her timing was impeccable, really and that is odd.

Salem

How old do any of you think she is? Romero was 29 years old, right?

Well, 8/13/1984 is the DOB for the traffic ticket for a Tiffany Duvall in Feb. 02 in Scottsdale, Arizona...so IF it's the same that would make her what, 24. But early on in the case, I found what I believe was her MySpace profile (now deleted), didn't seem to be used much beyond opening it, but it was fairly recent and had an age of 32...so Idk

Yes, I think it is really strange. Unless she asked the question after he said the kid was calling him, then it would be natural "why's he calling you, where's his dad" kind of thing.

I also think it is strange that if they are divorcing, he would call her "babe." Not impossible, could have done it from habit, but still. Her timing was impeccable, really and that is odd.

Salem

No, it was her second question right after "Where are you?". (PLease see previous posts.)

Well, 8/13/1984 is the DOB for the traffic ticket for a Tiffany Duvall in Feb. 02 in Scottsdale, Arizona...so IF it's the same that would make her what, 24. But early on in the case, I found what I believe was her MySpace profile (now deleted), didn't seem to be used much beyond opening it, but it was fairly recent and had an age of 32...so Idk

You're right. There's no way of knowing if it's the same person. She looks closer to 32 in the wedding photos. Funny, though, ain't it, that every site has been closed that has her name. Apache County didn't do that. Did they?

Excellent Shock :) How'd ya get the DOB?? Glad to know I'm not the only one hitting a dead end at the recorders office...strange huh? I fully expected to find something in reference to his new house, but nada...

Excellent Shock :) How'd ya get the DOB?? Glad to know I'm not the only one hitting a dead end at the recorders office...strange huh? I fully expected to find something in reference to his new house, but nada...

I'm probaly wrong, but I think the house was built about three years ago. Regardless of when it was built, as everyone knows, property taxes must be paid. They've taken all info off the website.
Who are they protecting? The whole world knows the boys name and address, and some have seen his photo. Is Apache County just 20 years behind? Or is there more?

No, it was her second question right after "Where are you?". (PLease see previous posts.)

Okay - thinking about this, then the timeline is off. The kid had 8 minutes to shoot both dad and TR?

I have read most of the previous posts, just can't remember everything :crazy: I do remember your post where you give the line by line back on page 30ish? I think it is time for a new thread and the first posts should be the links to the court docs and the photos.

I admit I have not read the court docs yet. But..... maybe before the end of today I will get that done :)

Salem

From what the PDF statements have said no divorce papers were ever filled. If divorce was on the horizon I don't think Tim let his wife in on it...yet.

She would know about what time they usually leave work (around 4:30 pm?), so calling him not too long after then seems reasonable to me. JMO.

IIRC, one of the officers that gave the interview to BB said they found no insurance policies on VR.

imoo

Thanks Ocean! Yes, I agree she would know what time they got off work and it would be a reasonable time to call him.

Salem

Right. Were you to read this whole site you should get college credits (for what I don't know), or cash (that ain't likely).

Okay - thinking about this, then the timeline is off. The kid had 8 minutes to shoot both dad and TR?

I have read most of the previous posts, just can't remember everything :crazy: I do remember your post where you give the line by line back on page 30ish? I think it is time for a new thread and the first posts should be the links to the court docs and the photos.

I admit I have not read the court docs yet. But..... maybe before the end of today I will get that done :)

Salem

Yes. An 8 year old kid with a load only *1* .22 bullet at a time. For 2 people. In two different locations. In that many minutes....

Thanks Ocean! Yes, I agree she would know what time they got off work and it would be a reasonable time to call him.

Salem

If that's the case Mrs. Romans must be feeling awful right now. It was the call that..........

St Johns, not ready for prime time, police did not even ask Mrs. Romans who called who. The time and who called who, of course, is on Mr. Romans cell, which they have (if they haven't lost it). Cell phones remember the start of the call as well as the ending time (in minutes and seconds). And received and dialed calls. It's just odd that it isn't in the police (witness) report considering it's a cornerstone for the prosecutions case.
What happens if the call didn't happen. (Okay, I'm fishing).

If that's the case Mrs. Romans must be feeling awful right now. It was the call that..........

What do you mean, Shock?

I do believe she will forever be haunted by that phone call. I don't know if she even knew about his girlfriend in a town 170 miles away from her but she seems to love her husband very much.

I don't think I could ever get over something like that if it were my husband and knowing within minutes after hanging up with me he was dead and gone forever.

imoo

What do you mean, Shock?

I do believe she will forever be haunted by that phone call. I don't know if she even knew about his girlfriend in a town 170 miles away from her but she seems to love her husband very much.

I don't think I could ever get over something like that if it were my husband and knowing within minutes after hanging up with me he was dead and gone forever.

imoo

I understand and agree. But in an investigation no stone can be left unturned. It seems that the wagons have been circled and the easiest Indian has been targeted. A very easy EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288