FBI says Caylee never left local Orlando area

Imajica

Defender of Lost Angels and Sporks
Reaction score
According to Fox News, The FBI has finally responded to the many "claims" that Caylee was taken out of her local Orlando area.

"As to the question of whether someone might have taken Caylee out of the Orlando area where she lived, the FBI said there wasn't any indication that was the case.

"At no time did we find any evidence that this young child left this location," said Tampa FBI Special Agent Steven Ibison."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469785,00.html

Personally I find it significant that the FBI released that large detail, coming on the heel's of the immediate spin by the defense regarding the "Kidnappers" and the the statement by one of the Attorney's that Casey would "never" dump a body that close to her home. :rolleyes:

I believe that LE is attempting to subtly let the public know the truth, even though they are very limited in which details they can release right now.

In my opinion, that statement from Special Agent Ibison basically says "Caylee was killed not far from where she was found, and all of the evidence we have in our possession supports this fact!"

Thoughts? Feedback?

BRAVO! I am happy to see LE making statements in light of all the doubt that the defense has been trying to throw out there.

Yes, I do believe they are letting the public know that they have a lot of good information just waiting to be unleashed! I'm looking forward to the day when we get all the details!

She never left the neighborhood let alone Orlando.

Ditto.I think they have a wealth of forensic from the scene that points to Casey as Ive said before I wouldnt rule out fingerprints.
I also think the defense knows it which is why they are dogging this bogus LE evidence tampering tact.
When LE presents their findings they can simply deny the evidence whole cloth as tainted or planted.
Its not going to work.

I changed the title to reflect that more clearly. I re-read the article after seeing your post, and I agree they were specifically talking about her neighborhood.

Even the defense is going to have a hard time explaining how little Caylee never left the area when she was supposedly "kidnapped" at Blanchard Park, and then whisked away to some mysterious far away place with her favorite book and a handy cell phone conveniently programmed with the word "Mommy"! :rolleyes:

I'm really thankful LE has maintained their cool throughout this nightmare. They didn't need to respond effusively to all the defense's claims. They could do it subtly because they knew they had the goods. There was absolutely no need to take the bait. I think lots of the posturing that went on with the defense and the As was nothing more than attempts to goad LE into responding because they DID keep details close to the vest. We'll no doubt continue to see this. IMO, the defense's frustration is showing.

I felt that way too when hearing that...which was probably a heads up to the Defense Team to think again before they throw more of KC's delusional tales up for grabs.

Now there is a third version of events. My, my, my. Now she dropped Caylee off in the parking lot of an apartment complex to ZFG who then drove away with Caylee in the car.

Ok. Well, that one doesn't work either. Try again.

So, if Caylee never left the neighborhood, a dually trained dog could have tracked her over to the wooded area.

So, if Caylee never left the neighborhood, a dually trained dog could have tracked her over to the wooded area.
There are so many variables when it comes to tracking with dogs that the fact that they didnt head to where the body was isnt an indication that she wasnt there.
Im sure the defense will try to put forth that implication but im sure the prosecution will put that to rest with expert testimony pretty quick.

I never thought KC went too far off either....

She was stealing gas a few gals. @ a time......& by the time KC stole enough money to fill the tank, her car had been towed.

I think the defense will still try to play off the associated Orlando Nanny areas, because the FBI seems to say she never left Orlando. Not that she didn't leave her neighborhood. IMO, she traveled around in the trunk, wherever the car went, AL's, Fusion, Target, etc.

I think the defense will still try to play off the associated Orlando Nanny areas, because the FBI seems to say she never left Orlando. Not that she didn't leave her neighborhood. IMO, she traveled around in the trunk, wherever the car went, AL's, Fusion, Target, etc.

I agree and that is why the dogs did not track a scent down the street because Casey drove Caylee's body to where it was ultimately dumped.
They hit on the car and in the yard, the yard is where she wrapped her gruesome package up.

There are so many variables when it comes to tracking with dogs that the fact that they didnt head to where the body was isnt an indication that she wasnt there.
Im sure the defense will try to put forth that implication but im sure the prosecution will put that to rest with expert testimony pretty quick.

If CA had bothered to give TM something of Caylee's for his dogs to sniff, they would have found her the first time.

Interesting that the FBI said this.

I have longbelieved that the defense was wasting their time picking apart OCSO and now M.E. when it is the FBI that is running this show.

They can second guess Dr. G all they want..and LE too...but when the FBI, backed by Quantico, presents their evidence...NO DOUBT the jurors will be starining their ears to hear their every word.

Notice the 'talking heads" on CNN, Fox, etc. They never question the FBI. In fact, Michael Baden on down have said their labs and their findings are so impeccable, so precise, they are almost impossible to refute..

They have been on this investigation the whole time. It's asinine to think they told local LE " yea go dig around over there, let us know what you found..give us a shout when you have something".

There's been more blue jackets with FBI on it than I have seen together for a long time.

I agree and that is why the dogs did not track a scent down the street because Casey drove Caylee's body to where it was ultimately dumped.
They hit on the care and in the yard, the yard is where she wrapped her gruesome package up.

I agree. But, I also wonder, Casey had a 31 day head start. Would the dogs have still been able to follow a scent left a month before? With rain? I don't know much about tracking or cadaver dogs, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows.

We do have to keep in mind that Caylee was in the trunk for 2.5 days. I believe that she was dead or dying on the 16th or the 17th. The reason I think this is because TL said that they slept in on the 17th and he skipped school that day. KC was in no hurry to get back to the car and and see if Caylee was dead or alive.Her car would have been at TL's parking lot with Caylee in it. Just sickening!

They hit on the care and in the yard, the yard is where she wrapped her gruesome package up.

Great point! :clap:

BRAVO! I am happy to see LE making statements in light of all the doubt that the defense has been trying to throw out there.

Yes, I do believe they are letting the public know that they have a lot of good information just waiting to be unleashed! I'm looking forward to the day when we get all the details!

ITA! And let's hope that with every BS statement that Biaz and the defense team come out with, LE will counter with something else to show just how ridiculous it is!

I agree. But, I also wonder, Casey had a 31 day head start. Would the dogs have still been able to follow a scent left a month before? With rain? I don't know much about tracking or cadaver dogs, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows.

Here's my question, which is related: Did they ever bring in tracking dogs? I know they brought in the cadaver dogs, but I don't remember reading about tracking dogs. In Laci's case, the tracking dogs followed a scent that they said could have been Laci in a car. But in this case, after 31 days AND Casey's claim that the abduction happened at the Sawgrass Apts., there was no reason for LE to bring tracking dogs to the Hopespring Drive address.

This is not a flaw or failure on the part of LE, but part of Casey's attempts to prevent anyone from finding her missing daughter and, IMHO, evidence of consciousness of guilt that should be obvious to any juror.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back