Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way, some thing doesn't feel right here.

A month ago my hubby and I were releasing skunks (yes we have a stinky problem) into the wild across the freeway where we live which is near a lake. We always use this location as it is not near any residential areas (we live quite remotely which explains my dial-up connection) anyhow,,,,three months ago someone dumped 3 black trash bags over the hill where we release the skunks. I called LE (this is a national recreational area) and they directed me to the local DA who has a illegal dumping task force. To date those bags remain on that hill. My complaint to LE and the DA is that either 1) the wild animals are going to tear open that trash and strew it across the mountain in sight of the tourists or 2) it could be part of a crime e.g., dead body/body parts...

My point is, everyday people make discoveries and do the right thing. Sometimes law enforcement doesn't do their job. Where little caylee's remains were found makes perfect sense to me. Why when the meter reader discovered the bag and didn't touch it makes sense to me. Why he followed up with LE makes sense to me and why he eventually was the one who went back and found her makes sense to me.

Sometimes when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck!

I just want to add that IF remains are found in the 3 bags down the hill I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!!!!

Something is really odd about the MM's persistence for 3 days in a row with regard to the bag. Then waiting 4 months to bring it up again. Under the guise he was going to the bathroom and discovered it.

1) Is this the only area along the stretch of wooded road with trash/debris?

2) What precluded MM from investigating the bag to determine if it was of any real interest?

3) What is the reason MM waited 4 months to re-engage LE?

4) His persistence is eyebrow raising to me.

How do we explain KC's explanation(s)? Are we to assume this meter reader is connected to......ZFG? I just don't understand how we are implicating this man. I'll eat my words if he is involved. IF HE ISN'T we are as bad as the A's by running with this.

I was suspicious when the remains were found last week only 15 to 20 feet in off the roadway. So I just sat and waited to see if more information came out.

The same evening on Greta, Phil pulls up a video of an area that was shot back in late July or early August about 45 yards from where the remains were found. I looked at the sign in the video and it said: "Property Owner City of Orlando". Since LE said the property that the remains were found was on private property, I voided out Phil's video.

Now the reports comes out that the meter reader made three phone calls, three days in a row back in August. It appears 2 calls went to the Crime line and the other call to the Sheriff's Communication Center. Why did the meter reader call three times? If the meter reader didn't hear back by the second call, why didn't he just call 911, or his Emergency Dispatch Center?

I am keeping in mind based on what we have been hearing the remains pretty much have been where they were found for quite sometime, perhaps as long as the 6 months Caylee went missing.

From August 11th to December 11 is 4 months and with all the media coverage of Caylee being missing, the massive searches only last month, the sightings of Caylee all over the place makes me wonder why the meter reader didn't make a trip back to the area within those 4 months.

If the meter reader took LE right to the spot back on August 13th as the remains were found last week, then Caylee would have been found immediately. If the cadaver dogs were brought into the passage way of where the meter reader walked into the dogs would have found Caylee.

Heck, if Cindy and George took their dogs for a walk and passed this area, their dogs would have picked up the scent pretty quickly. At least their little noses would have gone up in the air.

Since Caylee remains :cry: were scattered further back into the woods makes me think Caylee was at the spot were the bag was discovered from day one.

It seems there must be a few worn passage ways into these woods. I also find it odd that this all happened while the Anthony's were 3,000 miles across the country for a few days.

Something just doesn't fit here and it could be as simple as the meter reader was in a different area back in August and just happened to go into this particular area and found Caylee.

Of course, my other thought is if the Anthony's knew of the area that Casey went to as a child etc., I am surprised they just didn't walk down the street with the dogs and take a look in that area. :rolleyes: I just remember them saying they would knock on every door to find Caylee.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the investigation of August 13th.

I'm waiting to see what happened on the 13th as well. Something is wrong with this picture and I just don't know what to think about this meter reader and his actions. If he is innocent of any wrongdoing, do you think he would take a polygraph?

Even CA's grandparents were ruled out as suspect. Seems all ground needs to be covered.

To me, actions and timeliness smell funny is all. Sometimes things smell funny to me and another takes a whiff and it's all good.

Even CA's grandparents were ruled out as suspect. Seems all ground needs to be covered.

To me, actions and timeliness smell funny is all. Sometimes things smell funny to me and another takes a whiff and it's all good.

Now THAT'S funny!

The meter reader met with a deputy on August 13th, but the deputy didn't find anything.. One of CA's friends was a deputy with the Orange County Sheriff's office who was fired around August 26th for lying about his relationship with CA. Wouldn't it be interesting if he turns out to be the deputy that missed the bag on August 13th?

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- The meter reader who led authorities last week to remains believed to be those of Caylee Anthony called police four months ago, directing them three times to same site, authorities said Thursday.
In one of those phone calls, the meter reader reported seeing a gray bag on the side of the road, Nieves said. On August 13, a deputy responded to the site and did a "cursory search" but found nothing, Nieves said.

Link to story about the deputy who knew ca being fired on August 26th:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17303070/detail.html

Sorry if anyone else has put this theory together already but.....

GSJ claims her video was taped August 11th of her in the area of the crime scene (if you have not seen it they are stopped on the road and out walking with search dogs with cars driving by).

Meter Reader amazingly calls into LE about this same area August 11th, 12th and 13th!!!

I think MR seen a mini-van with Ohio tags stopped on the road with a lady walking the area with a search dog and he picked up where they left off.

If this is not the case, it's one heck of a coincidence!

Some posters were discussing this the other day. Talk about a bombshell if it does prove to be the same guy!!

No one has ever said that it was the same bag. From what I read it was a report of a gray bag on the side of the road. LE has not said what color the bag was that was found with the remains. No one has ever said which side of the road the meter reader saw the bag and the meter reader has not said if the original bag he saw was right where the remains were found. 2nd call was to find out update on first call and then officer comes out on 3rd? call - The meter reader did not stay at the location the first two calls but was there on last call and neither meter reader nor officer saw the bag that time. LP was under the bus when he was searching JBP and especially so when the bag of (whatever) was found. TM was under the bus when he Didn't find Caylee and left town to search for another missing person. RG was involved somehow just because he was on a talk show defending his son.
KC needs to be on the news again so we can focus on the only person that has actually been charged with a crime.Until I hear otherwise I am going to believe that the meter guy was and is a good guy just following a thought, and was persistant enough to find Caylee.
So until I hear otherwise he is a good guy - MOPO

The meter reader met with a deputy on August 13th, but the deputy didn't find anything.. One of CA's friends was a deputy with the Orange County Sheriff's office who was fired around August 26th for lying about his relationship with CA. Wouldn't it be interesting if he turns out to be the deputy that missed the bag on August 13th?

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- The meter reader who led authorities last week to remains believed to be those of Caylee Anthony called police four months ago, directing them three times to same site, authorities said Thursday.
In one of those phone calls, the meter reader reported seeing a gray bag on the side of the road, Nieves said. On August 13, a deputy responded to the site and did a "cursory search" but found nothing, Nieves said.

Link to story about the deputy who knew ca being fired on August 26th:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17303070/detail.html

That is what Ive been wondering!! Is it a rumor that he said that there was kids clothes in it with some stuf animals? and said that weeds were growing out of the bag? If it is true....and the pic we have been talking about that looks like the black bag...it looked like weeds were growing out of it.....would it have looked like that back in aug??

On Jane-Velez, there is an argument about the Meter Reader and his association to the Anthony family, about why he did not look into the bag the first few times - I hate to point out the obvious, it would take a very CURIOUS or DUMB person [I do not mean this in an insulting manner] to inspect a bag that is hidden in dubious fashion. Given how hostile and volatile our world is, why would anyone inspect an isolated bag? That bag could have exploded!

Not only that, but if there was evidence in or on the bag, you don't want to disturb it or the crime scene.

Well dang it all then! That would make everyone on this forum suspect, with their persistance and all about this case.

I suspect the guy's Caylee meter went off a few months ago, nothing was done. Then, I believe he was put on another route, and after a time came back to this one. Don't know.

But he has nothing to do with this case, except finding her body.

It's just a shame that when he couldn't get any satisfaction from LE, that he didn't try to connect with LP or TM and tell them his suspicions. I know one thing, if I had called in two days and got no response, I would have been headed to the sheriff's office asking to talk to the lead investigator. Of course, maybe I am much more persistant than the MR!

When discussing the amount of rainfull and it's effect on the location of the black bag the MR discovered, remember that wind can also have a big effect once an area is under water.

Just a thought....

It seemed to me that every person appearing on the news report announcing the result of the remains was speaking from a script. The meter man, same thing. The lawyers in Orlando must be dancing in the streets. Everyone has one.
I do not understand the politics is Florida. They do seem to do everything a little differently. I cannot understand why the LE would be surprised that there would be a connection between Caylee and the house she lived in with her mother. Anything found of a fiber transfer or clothing would naturally come from Caylee's home. What could they have looked for that had any meaning on this latest search?

I was suspicious when the remains were found last week only 15 to 20 feet in off the roadway. So I just sat and waited to see if more information came out.

The same evening on Greta, Phil pulls up a video of an area that was shot back in late July or early August about 45 yards from where the remains were found. I looked at the sign in the video and it said: "Property Owner City of Orlando". Since LE said the property that the remains were found was on private property, I voided out Phil's video.

Now the reports comes out that the meter reader made three phone calls, three days in a row back in August. It appears 2 calls went to the Crime line and the other call to the Sheriff's Communication Center. Why did the meter reader call three times? If the meter reader didn't hear back by the second call, why didn't he just call 911, or his Emergency Dispatch Center?

I am keeping in mind based on what we have been hearing the remains pretty much have been where they were found for quite sometime, perhaps as long as the 6 months Caylee went missing.

From August 11th to December 11 is 4 months and with all the media coverage of Caylee being missing, the massive searches only last month, the sightings of Caylee all over the place makes me wonder why the meter reader didn't make a trip back to the area within those 4 months.

If the meter reader took LE right to the spot back on August 13th as the remains were found last week, then Caylee would have been found immediately. If the cadaver dogs were brought into the passage way of where the meter reader walked into the dogs would have found Caylee.

Heck, if Cindy and George took their dogs for a walk and passed this area, their dogs would have picked up the scent pretty quickly. At least their little noses would have gone up in the air.

Since Caylee remains :cry: were scattered further back into the woods makes me think Caylee was at the spot were the bag was discovered from day one.

It seems there must be a few worn passage ways into these woods. I also find it odd that this all happened while the Anthony's were 3,000 miles across the country for a few days.

Something just doesn't fit here and it could be as simple as the meter reader was in a different area back in August and just happened to go into this particular area and found Caylee.

Of course, my other thought is if the Anthony's knew of the area that Casey went to as a child etc., I am surprised they just didn't walk down the street with the dogs and take a look in that area. :rolleyes: I just remember them saying they would knock on every door to find Caylee.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the investigation of August 13th.

The above, bolded by me, sticks out like a sore thumb in this latest development with the meter reader. I don't think he had anything to do with the murder itself, but something doesn't fit. Also, why didn't ANY dog, or ANY person, strolling by see or smell something? I can't believe this meter reader would be the only person to pick up on it. Also, did he let anyone else in on his suspicion? Other family members or friends?

Yes yes yes. I feel the same way. I'm also wondering why this guy was the only person to see the bag, smell the smell, etc. over all those months. Something just ain't right.

It has been mentioned that the people who live in the home on that long lot that backs up to the woods smelled decomposition in the summer but assumed it was a dead animal.

And also, I don't know if you live in Florida or an area prone to flooding, but when water is standing for a period of time in heat and humidity there are all kinds of weird smells in the area. I remember after the rains from the hurricane this summer and all that standing water in east orlando/brevard county, every time I drove through that area it was pretty smelly until it dried up.

And one other question- if Caylee's body was dumped there in mid-june, and the public was not aware she was missing until mid- July, smells from the woods would not be expected to be a cadaver and would be assumed to be an animal. I can't remember if it was Dr. G or another person I saw speaking on the news on Friday night but someone (ME or forensics person) said that the conditions in that area, in summer in Florida would have likely caused the body to become skeletal in about 2 weeks.

Therefore, the smells of decomposition in that area would not have been tied to Caylee if nobody were aware that she was missing at that time.

That explains the lack of decomp odor, makes me wonder what made that bag any different from any bag in an area that is filled with trash. The window for the odor would have been sometime between June 16th and June 29th. Was this bag supposed to be by the side of the road or into the woods area? Wonder if that is why the 31 days.. brings up so many questions. Could Casey have known about decomp and planned it that way. Hard to believe someone could sink that low without the help of drugs or mental illness.

The above, bolded by me, sticks out like a sore thumb in this latest development with the meter reader. I don't think he had anything to do with the murder itself, but something doesn't fit. Also, why didn't ANY dog, or ANY person, strolling by see or smell something? I can't believe this meter reader would be the only person to pick up on it. Also, did he let anyone else in on his suspicion? Other family members or friends?

IIRC, between the first time Tim Miller searched this area and decided to stop because of the rain/mud, etc. and the time he came back the second time, there was a CHAIN LINK FENCE ERECTED AROUND THE AREA????

There must have been a number of people there to put that fence up. It must have been dry enough to work and put a fence up. No one reported any smells? No one investigated any bags of trash or moved any to put the fence up?

The persistence of the meter reader is interesting to me. There were many bags/trash/debris in the area by the looks of it. What made him focus in on one and make not one, but 4 calls all together to LE? Was there something in particular about that ONE BAG that made him call over and over again?

As far as a snake there, did not the searchers encounter snakes, spiders, gators, bugs etc. on their searches? It didn't stop them but one snake stopped a policeman?

Something is just weird here in this whole story. I hope there is more to this story that will evidentially be released. Something that makes sense.

As always, JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member