Possible Defense Benefactor?

cleo612

My reason for waking up each day!
Reaction score
I looked for other discussion about this and after numerous searches came up empty. (I did discuss this with one of the moderators prior to posting.)

There has been a lot of speculation as to whom is financing the high-dollar defense team that is behind Casey. Who could possibly be paying for all these high-profile experts, and more importantly, WHY would anyone want to assist in defending anyone involved in this heinous crime?

I read something interesting when perusing the cell phone messages that were exchanged between Jesse and Amy shortly after Casey's first arrest. (As soon as I can find the correct link, I will post it here. If you have the link, please PM it to me so I can edit this post.)

This is the part that I caught my attention:

July 22, 2008

~~~snipped~~~

(3:00PM) from Jesse Grund: Harris r. has stepped up and said he will help anyway he can! So awesome!
(3:14PM) from Jesse Grund: Orange county is saying the smell in the car is definitively human composition.
(3:17PM) from Jesse Grund: What? When?
(3:21PM) from Jesse Grund: Really? Dead animal why?
(3:23PM) from Jesse Grund: Ok.
(3:28PM) from Jesse Grund: Keep that. Dont tell anyone else. County will want to know that.
(3:33PM) from Jesse Grund: Will do. Dont tell anyone that...not even the boys. We may have just strengthened the time line
(3:42PM) from Jesse Grund: Ok. Tell troy to not tell anyone! Very important. Ears everywhere. How are things going downtown? Do you know who harris rosen is?
(3:51PM) from Jesse Grund: They are a coming. Harris rosen is a billionaire landowner and hotel guy. He owns the rosen hospitiliaty school. I reached out to him and he is on vacation but got my message, and has put his support behind us, anyway possibl

~~~snipped~~~

So, is this Harris R. person behind the defense funding? He seems to have some beefs with Orange County, according to the Orlando Sentinel and several posters on the Orlando Sentinel blogs.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_columnist_mikethomas/2007/08/does-harris-ros.html

Is it possible that he truly might be behind all the money, in an effort to thumb his nose at Orange County?

As a good friend of mine said, "What better way to get back at Orange County than to support it's most villified citizen?"

To think that he might be financing Casey's defense is not too far-fetched, considering his hostility towards the legal sector of that county.

He may be helping out,but I would bet money that even if he isn't...Big Mamma LB would be doing it for free just for the publicity.I could have sworn I heard KC's attorney say that the money thing between him and her was HIS business...I would have to believe he's doing it for free as well..after all his client can't get out of jail to steal money to pay him with ,now can she? I don't think the Anthony's care for JB much anyway so I don't know if they would be paying him or not either..I believe they all know this will be the trial of the century and they all want a place in history in that trial...hard to think anything else really because it doesn't appear any of the Anthony's are wealthy and KC can't steal anymore...:behindbar

I posted last night that I believe it's possible that it's Geraldo's production company. My guess is that's what the yacht trip was about. In exchange they get exclusive trial scoops, exclusive access to the defense and if possible, exclusive interview with KC--that would be a huge audience draw.

I posted last night that I believe it's possible that it's Geraldo's production company. My guess is that's what the yacht trip was about. In exchange they get exclusive trial scoops, exclusive access to the defense and if possible, exclusive interview with KC--that would be a huge audience draw.

Seems possible - has anyone ever heard Geraldo ask "Where's the $$ coming from?" I have not. He wouldn't need to ask if he already knows.

seems odd that JG would send a message to Harris R. with hopes he'd help the defense, i got the impression Jesse and Amy think casey is guilty, why would they want to help with her defense?

seems odd that JG would send a message to Harris R. with hopes he'd help the defense, i got the impression Jesse and Amy think casey is guilty, why would they want to help with her defense?

That message from Jesse is Very strange. What does he mean by "help us out"? Maybe he is thinking Harris would help with the search by posting a huge reward?

Which would makes sense

They care about ratings.

I think we need to investigate Geraldo further. Right after that yacht trip is when he changed his tune and jumped on the Baez bandwagon. I think (somone correct me if I'm wrong) she was bailed out of jail shortly thereafter but an unknown person.

Baden already said it was pro-bono. They will make MILLIONS off this case when it's over in interviews alone.

Yes why would he want to help her? He has claimed he doesn't know this KC.Didn't CA once try to implicate him as being involved in this at one point when LE first interviewed her? And didn't KC tell her brother NOT to trust JG in one of his visits to her jail cell?It would be odd why he would want any part of this unless he too is hoping to line his pockets somehow...

resounding yeah! and like bummmp bummmmp BUMMMMMMP! IT UP! This is somthing that needs sleuthed out to the max! I also am interested in Jesse's tone and the meat of the covo between he and (amy???? really? )

bump

I think we need to investigate Geraldo further. Right after that yacht trip is when he changed his tune and jumped on the Baez bandwagon. I think (somone correct me if I'm wrong) she was bailed out of jail shortly thereafter but an unknown person.
exactly... and if we look back at the media threads (if we were that organized back then) we can see when that Geraldo shift was... it was pretty shocking to all of us, iirc.

Which would makes sense

They care about ratings.
PEEPS! just a thought... but it would also explain the animosity of greta toward LP and the case in general. Perhaps this is another reason she had not been covering the case in gusto. After all... look at her coverage of Natalee! (they in pink being Fox)

Hmmmm that makes me wonder who owns the land where her body was found. Does it have any sort of address that we can check the OC public records?

If he doesnt own it, I'd be inclined to think this may be just a wacky coincidence...I can't see a billionaire land owner helping out a baby killer..by request of her ex cop ex boyfriend...JMHO

Very odd to think JG would want to help Casey's defense that early on. Unlikely he would even be thinking of it at that time, so early into the case.

If JG was trying to reach out to this man and did,it was more than likely to ask for assistance with reward money & possibly the search.

JG said: Keep that. Don't tell anyone else. County will want to know that
Sounds like he is wanting to give the State all the info he has and to make sure others keep any info private and to themselves so that LE gets it first.

I don't know. I think Jesse was trying to get reward money together. Maybe I am misinterpreting this but it sounds like he wanted the story about the dead animal tale KC told Amy kept quiet from everyone else except LE because he didn't know who to trust or who might be involved.

I don't see any high profile person getting involved in this and paying for KC's defense unless there is something in it for them. Like something shady. That is not what this convo sounds like to me.

I can see Geraldo passing out some big bucks to get exclusives and he has definitely had those. When has he even had anyone from the other side on his show? The coverage is defense slanted even when he throws out questions that should have JB stuttering for an answer. He doesn't follow up on it at all.

Have to wonder if he originally reached out to Geraldo offering exclusives etc and convinced him that she was innocent. Same as what may have happened with LP. His involvement was originally suspect to me because he came out of no where completely convinced that KC was innocent.

Someone is paying the bills but I can't see what is in it for anyone other rights to the story.

Hmmmm that makes me wonder who owns the land where her body was found. Does it have any sort of address that we can check the OC public records?

If he doesnt own it, I'd be inclined to think this may be just a wacky coincidence...I can't see a billionaire land owner helping out a baby killer..by request of her ex cop ex boyfriend...JMHO

The name has already been released, he owns land all over this state and other states as well. It is in one of the media threads here. It is not harris rosen.

That message from Jesse is Very strange. What does he mean by "help us out"? Maybe he is thinking Harris would help with the search by posting a huge reward?

Very odd to think JG would want to help Casey's defense that early on. Unlikely he would even be thinking of it at that time, so early into the case.

If JG was trying to reach out to this man and did,it was more than likely to ask for assistance with reward money & possibly the search.

JG said: Keep that. Don't tell anyone else. County will want to know that
Sounds like he is wanting to give the State all the info he has and to make sure others keep any info private and to themselves so that LE gets it first.

that's what i'm thinking too, Jesse was looking for someone to fund a reward or search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back