IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, thanks for directions there DK. I had not seen that before. I went and registered my (high) interest!

From another forum:

On the AMW website for Darleen & Terry Anderson, if you look over on the left side of the screen, there is a tab labeled "Forums". You can post your interest in any case on their website right there.

It is under "Unsolved Cases". You also have the opportunity to vote your level of interest in the case.

It seems like those cross bows, guns, knives and coins might have turned up by now. That is a lot of stuff to hide. Were they taken to sell, use or confuse the police?
Maybe they were what the killer wanted in the first place.

Just spent hours reading thread #1 and trying to catch up. I think LE needs to rethink this case. I think the killer was a lone person who had come over to borrow money from Terry. I think Darleen talked to the killer at the door and said "Terry's in the barn", she may have tied the dog up and went back to the house. The killer gets into an altercation with Terry and starts hitting him and kills him. But wait...Darleen knows "I'm here", so he goes back to the house kills her while she dozes or watches tv on the couch. Then he takes things he has always admired and gets the boat money.

This person is a friend of Terry's, this person has borrowed money before but maybe not paid it back. Terry didn't give him money that night so he took it, maybe Terry needed all his money for the boat that day. This person was afraid of the dog Rosco. This was a lone killer, IMO... 2 talk in a small town... Terry was known to loan money to friends. Look for a friend of Terry's who needed money and then seemed to have some later...

Hi Colette, glad you took the time to read thru and post your thoughts. Fresh eyes and ideas are always good.

You would think items like those take would have turned up after this period of time unless they were used for trade among friends or unsavory types or simply kept by the thief out of greed. Also, they could have been taken across state lines and traded, pawned or sold where people would not have necessarily been keen to their importance.

Your idea of it perhaps being a one person/friend of Terry's in need of money is a thought. I don't recall it being discussed whether this type of scenario was looked into.

I just hope the AMW tip link is getting good hits! I recall a recent news story mentioning several new tips having come in since AMW published the account.

Justice for Terry & Darleen in 2008!! (Not much left to 2008 but I refuse to give up hope!)

Rosco, I hope and pray for justice for you, Terry, Darleen, and you family each and every day. I don't think LE is done with the one(s) they think are responsible. And, one day the killer(s) will need to face God. Now there's no way they're gonna get out of that.

For Rosco, have you thought about care credit? It is a credit company specifically available to those who's pet's need medical care. Perhaps you can ask your vet about it.

Take care, dear friend:blowkiss:

Lion

I just glanced at this page and haven't caught up but if you live in an area that has a major university with a veterinary school, they are very inexpensive and do the best work EVER for care. They have the newest and best equipment and they really care. It is an option I hope you can have.

I was thinking about the items taken. If it was a friend who killed, maybe after he took the things he got rid of them. I could see him saying, "I can't keep this stuff" and burying it or tossing out in the center of a lake.

Anyway I just thought the fact that Terry was known to loan money to his friends and the fact that he had money for the boat were interesting.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope you find justice for your loved ones soon.

The killer may be known to the victims but as in the case of Anne Pressly, an unknown person beat her senseless and eventually it killed her. It seems like there might be some touch DNA or even the killer's DNA with such violence at the scene.

Hi there colette -thanks for reading dad and darleen's thread. Thanks for the sorries and for your thoughts on the homicides.

Yes.. it is known that strangers do beat their victims.... however the profiler for Dad and Darleen's case does not believe that it was a total stranger. There are other facts that will confirm this - but of course LE does not share most with me for it might hurt the case.

The killer/s were very known to Dad and Darleen and I really do think your thoughts about money to borrow is NOT out of reach. Yes - Dad was very well known to have offered money to many.. very helping person. Yes - he had money to purchase the new boat and some pps knew that information.

And I too believe that Darleen was murdered based on her seeing who was on the property... I also think LE has the same thoughts.

I have a hard time thinking that the items that were taken were of any value at all.. I mean... some handful of coins, a multi-fixed rifle, a cross bow but without the quivers... There were so many other items that were of much more value that were within arms reach of where Dad's body was found... I just feel that the killer/s made it 'look' like a robbery gone bad...

Unfor., no DNA, fingerprints, weapon...ect... there's no case.. so nobody is in custody. If LE had something (it's been over 3yrs) then pps would be in jail and awaiting trial... LE does not have anything to place a single soul at the crime.. so this leave the case unsolved.

I still have faith that more than one person knows/ committed ((about)) these murders - which does not lead this crime a secret....
I don't think it was one person who murdered them. There are too many questions - as to no blood transfer and (as far as I know) no foot prints from barn/house.. no blood trail. The killer would have had to commit a horrible and violent crime to Dad AND then to walk a 1/2 football field away to the house.. walk into the house thru the kitchen/dining room/ around the wall to living room - and then to Darleen to commit the same act.. with the same rage.. Remember they did NOT have defense wounds... A stranger 'might' have been able to sneak up on Darleen - but not Dad... No way. He was a woods-man... could hear a pin in the woods... deer hunter.. hear things that normal man might not..
Also - Rosco was on the chain just outside the door where you would need to enter the barn. Dog barks - ALOT..

Maybe... maybe... it's possible... Anything is possible as I never thought Dad and darleen would be murdered and mine and my entire family would be survivors of homicides... So it's possible... :confused:

Thanks colette.... always welcome a new friend and ideas..

All my best-
Rosco

It seems like those cross bows, guns, knives and coins might have turned up by now. That is a lot of stuff to hide. Were they taken to sell, use or confuse the police?
Maybe they were what the killer wanted in the first place.

The items really were of no big value... I believe it was staged as a robbery gone bad.

DH and I talked about why so little DNA and such... We believe the killer/s pbly wore cover-alls... It was Oct.. COLD outside.. hunting season too.. gloves were appropriate at the time. Killer/s zipped down the cover-alls and just burned them.. Sure is plenty of space in IND. to burn.

SO there goes any evidence that the killer/s might have left behind. Now there might be evidence of pps at the house... BUT - you HAVE to put the person at the crime scene... Have to put the 'smoking gun' in their hand or you have NO case. Sure.. there were cig, butts there.. but the person visited Dad many times and can't be certain that was the butt from the crime...

The killer was someone who Dad and Darleen had over to the house frequently - if not all the time.

All my love-
Rosco

Hi there colette -thanks for reading dad and darleen's thread. Thanks for the sorries and for your thoughts on the homicides.

Yes.. it is known that strangers do beat their victims.... however the profiler for Dad and Darleen's case does not believe that it was a total stranger. There are other facts that will confirm this - but of course LE does not share most with me for it might hurt the case.

The killer/s were very known to Dad and Darleen and I really do think your thoughts about money to borrow is NOT out of reach. Yes - Dad was very well known to have offered money to many.. very helping person. Yes - he had money to purchase the new boat and some pps knew that information.

And I too believe that Darleen was murdered based on her seeing who was on the property... I also think LE has the same thoughts.

I have a hard time thinking that the items that were taken were of any value at all.. I mean... some handful of coins, a multi-fixed rifle, a cross bow but without the quivers... There were so many other items that were of much more value that were within arms reach of where Dad's body was found... I just feel that the killer/s made it 'look' like a robbery gone bad...

Unfor., no DNA, fingerprints, weapon...ect... there's no case.. so nobody is in custody. If LE had something (it's been over 3yrs) then pps would be in jail and awaiting trial... LE does not have anything to place a single soul at the crime.. so this leave the case unsolved.

I still have faith that more than one person knows/ committed ((about)) these murders - which does not lead this crime a secret....
I don't think it was one person who murdered them. There are too many questions - as to no blood transfer and (as far as I know) no foot prints from barn/house.. no blood trail. The killer would have had to commit a horrible and violent crime to Dad AND then to walk a 1/2 football field away to the house.. walk into the house thru the kitchen/dining room/ around the wall to living room - and then to Darleen to commit the same act.. with the same rage.. Remember they did NOT have defense wounds... A stranger 'might' have been able to sneak up on Darleen - but not Dad... No way. He was a woods-man... could hear a pin in the woods... deer hunter.. hear things that normal man might not..
Also - Rosco was on the chain just outside the door where you would need to enter the barn. Dog barks - ALOT..

Maybe... maybe... it's possible... Anything is possible as I never thought Dad and darleen would be murdered and mine and my entire family would be survivors of homicides... So it's possible... :confused:

Thanks colette.... always welcome a new friend and ideas..

All my best-
Rosco

The way you described the set up in the house, it sounds like Darleen would see anyone who walked in, am I right? She had to SEE her killer, it was assumed. And no defensive wounds due to her not suspecting the person was going to kill her. If they had killed your dad first, they'd be covered in blood and likely out of breath. They obviously killed your dad when he back was turned and probably just talking away with him. He never saw it coming and wasn't worried about turning his back on whomever was with him in the barn.

If your refering to Darleen being on the couch in the living room she could/would be able to see anyone entering the house.. - not nessesarly or at all DK. The living room was actually behind the wall/staircase. You can actually see the staircase and openning to the living room in a few of my pic's on myspace or the AMW.COM site.
BUT - you could NOT walk into the house without making 'some' noise. The floors were creaky...noisey... and a weight of a person would be felt thru the house as they walked. I suspect if Darleen heard someone enter the house her thought was it 'might' have been Dad coming back into the house after being in the barn -or- the 'person' who was at the house was welcomed to walk into the house without an invitation or the ok of Darleen.. meaning... open door policy... like a good friend or companion.

Remember - someone drove up into the house that evening. GM confirmed the headlight and a vehicle entered the property. What and who that was... That is the question. And YES.. Darleen IMO seen who was there and knew the person... or could ID them...and she had to be killed.

Rosco

Rosco - I've been keeping up on this thread, although this is my first time posting in regards to this case. I wanted to let you know I visited the AMW website and cried reading the story. I am thrilled this case is finally getting national attention, and I hope it makes it to TV.

Thanks lyn1001.. :blowkiss:

I don't think I replied to this post..and i am sorry for that. It's been pretty crazy since the day before Thanksgiving and the AMW.COM story..

Thanks so much for the support...and reading dad and darleen's thread.

All the best -
Rosco

If your refering to Darleen being on the couch in the living room she could/would be able to see anyone entering the house.. - not nessesarly or at all DK. The living room was actually behind the wall/staircase. You can actually see the staircase and openning to the living room in a few of my pic's on myspace or the AMW.COM site.
BUT - you could NOT walk into the house without making 'some' noise. The floors were creaky...noisey... and a weight of a person would be felt thru the house as they walked. I suspect if Darleen heard someone enter the house her thought was it 'might' have been Dad coming back into the house after being in the barn -or- the 'person' who was at the house was welcomed to walk into the house without an invitation or the ok of Darleen.. meaning... open door policy... like a good friend or companion.

Remember - someone drove up into the house that evening. GM confirmed the headlight and a vehicle entered the property. What and who that was... That is the question. And YES.. Darleen IMO seen who was there and knew the person... or could ID them...and she had to be killed.

Rosco

Not exactly a perfect set up for a sneak attack by a stranger. All the evidence points to someone familiar to the family.

I still say they were both targets and you already know why I think that, I think.

Yepp.. not at all easy target for sneak attack.. noway.. I would not believe that one bit.

The killer/s was someone Dad and Darleen welcomed into their home before. Familar with them and who was around at the the time. That alone hurts so much - that Dad and Darleen knew their killer/s.... trusted them... believed in them.

I know your theory on both being targets and I agree... I dont think one was over the other...
(( ie.. Dad being the only target due to money or cash on-hand - and Darleen seeing the killer/s so she too had to die ))

Rosco

Yepp.. not at all easy target for sneak attack.. noway.. I would not believe that one bit.

The killer/s was someone Dad and Darleen welcomed into their home before. Familar with them and who was around at the the time. That alone hurts so much - that Dad and Darleen knew their killer/s.... trusted them... believed in them.

I know your theory on both being targets and I agree... I dont think one was over the other...
(( ie.. Dad being the only target due to money or cash on-hand - and Darleen seeing the killer/s so she too had to die ))

Rosco

Plus, the attacks were too well planned, for both of them. This was thought out well in advance. It wasn't a case of "oh crap, someone else is home." The killer/s knew exactly what they were doing, including putting the dog on a leash, which Rosco probably wouldn't let just anyone do.

I don't recall if your dad even had the $15,000 on him for the boat at the time of the killing, though.

And I know it hurts more knowing it was someone they trusted, and someone you trusted, as well, most likely. :blowkiss:

2008 has been a productive year, with 3 distinct periods of good media coverage across both states, with the national coverage on AMW the big finale for the year! Tick tock, baby! :clap:

Plus, the attacks were too well planned, for both of them. This was thought out well in advance. It wasn't a case of "oh crap, someone else is home." The killer/s knew exactly what they were doing, including putting the dog on a leash, which Rosco probably wouldn't let just anyone do.

I don't recall if your dad even had the $15,000 on him for the boat at the time of the killing, though.

And I know it hurts more knowing it was someone they trusted, and someone you trusted, as well, most likely. :blowkiss:

2008 has been a productive year, with 3 distinct periods of good media coverage across both states, with the national coverage on AMW the big finale for the year! Tick tock, baby! :clap:

Agree - Rosco would not just let ANYONE put him on the chain.. and second on that Rosco thought.... Anyone who would have shown aggression Rosco would have gotten very upset... he does now...and i don't think that his personality changed - he would have went after anyone who hurt 'his master'... Dad was the alpha-male and Rosco was HIS... Rosco would have done anything to help/save his master/owner/leader of pack.

Not sure as to the amount of $$$ Dad had on his person.
DH (remember) spoke to Dad on the Mon/Tues of the week he and Darleen were murdered and Dad mentioned go to buy the boat on Sat and he had some 'tall cash' on him... WE suspected it was somewhere 6-8K.

2008 was fantastic year for coverage DK... BLESSED...

This Christmas I actually feel really good and happy....:blowkiss:. First time since their murders 3yrs ago... NOW all we need is an arrest!!!:crazy:

Rosco

Agree - Rosco would not just let ANYONE put him on the chain.. and second on that Rosco thought.... Anyone who would have shown aggression Rosco would have gotten very upset... he does now...and i don't think that his personality changed - he would have went after anyone who hurt 'his master'... Dad was the alpha-male and Rosco was HIS... Rosco would have done anything to help/save his master/owner/leader of pack.

Not sure as to the amount of $$$ Dad had on his person.
DH (remember) spoke to Dad on the Mon/Tues of the week he and Darleen were murdered and Dad mentioned go to buy the boat on Sat and he had some 'tall cash' on him... WE suspected it was somewhere 6-8K.

2008 was fantastic year for coverage DK... BLESSED...

This Christmas I actually feel really good and happy....:blowkiss:. First time since their murders 3yrs ago... NOW all we need is an arrest!!!:crazy:

Rosco

Yeah I remember the purchasing of the boat was imminent, which is why I wondered if he had the money on him. I thought you had told me he paid cash for most everything, and it was closer to $15,000, but we had that discussion over 2 years ago, so I might be fuzzy on the math. But yeah I do remember his convo with your DH about the boat. That always made the timing of the murders intriguing to me. Not everyone would know he could have some 'tall cash' on hand.

Hiya Rosco :blowkiss:
I just wanted to let you know Im still praying for justice. Its in My Sig and its going to stay there until Justice is DONE!!!
You know my thoughts too !
I want to wish you a Merry Christmas with a sprinkling of peace this year that this tragedy is on its way to being solved..and justice handed out
Thinking of you always ((((((((hugs))))))))

There was some talk about DNA in the first thread. So they don't have any DNA they think is from the killer? Like you said if they came over all the time their DNA might be there though cig butts ect.

There was some talk about DNA in the first thread. So they don't have any DNA they think is from the killer? Like you said if they came over all the time their DNA might be there though cig butts ect.

Yes, part of the problem is the killer/s DNA is probably all over the property already. However, DNA testing has advanced since the murders, so we'll see. (Not saying any more, hehe.) :)

Hi Rosco. Haven't checked in for a while but did check out the AMW website. I was shocked at how long and detailed it was. I've checked other stories there before, and none of them were such intricate stories. I'm so glad of that. I even had my DH check it out. We both watch AMW but he sorta just puts up with WS addiction. But he thought it was cool that AMW has a story up with someone involved that I "know" and have "talked to". No disrespect intended, obviously. He wanted me to wish you justice for Darlene and Terry as do I from the bottom of my heart. Best wishes for the holidays to you and your family Rosco. Thanks DK for the info about the AMW site. I never noticed that and I'll have to go and indicate my high level of interest also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle