Family to Hold Public Memorial Service for Caylee

I am very glad they decided to have a public memorial. We have all mourned Caylee for months and its time for all who have loved her to join hands and remember this precious child. At the same time, I will pray for all the other children still alive who are suffering and for those families who still are missing children. Caylee is my poster child now.

:praying:

But still mild when compared to the "parking lot"

I think it is good that the Anthony's are having a private memorial but then also a public one. I don't view it as a gesture done in poor taste. In fact, I find this to be one of the more normal decisions made on their behalf recently.

Now if Casey would just come clean, we could be onto something here....a possible New Year Miracle of sorts! :crazy:

I think a public memorial service will bring closure to many people who are more interested in Caylee than in KC's trial. The Anthony's will certainly be damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point. It's better they do something than nothing at all.

Funerals are for the living remaining family and friends not for everyone who wants to get in on the action and That is EXACTLY what would happen if Caylee had a public funeral

Heath Ledger From where I LIVE did not have a public funeral

He had a PRIVATE funeral.

Its private. Whilst we might speak of how hurt and upset (devastated even) some of us are about Caylee's loss we can NOT even begin to imagine how her family and friends of the family feels.

There will be those that are voyeurs who just want to go *to be seen* - I completely understand the Anthonys not wanting to have a public funeral.

Poor Caylee, even in death argued over.

i just had a horrible thought.
whatever will the headstone read? there's no date
ohwell.gif

ORLANDO, Fla. — The attorney for the family of a murdered Orlando toddler says a public memorial service will be held for the little girl.

Orlando lawyer Brad Conway said Tuesday that George and Cindy Anthony, the girl's grandparents, will hold both a private service and a public memorial for Caylee Marie.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471664,00.html

If this is repost or has been discussed, please feel free to move, merge, or delete.

shauna

MOM? Is this you? (Original poster-you have my mother's intials and last name. She posts daily about this case elsewhere. Confussed here. Again-Mom?)

Mom? Call me to clarify....

A public memorial would be nice, I guess. But I think it would turn into a media circus. I just dont think its necesary.

I would rather they had a private service for their Caylee and not do anything public.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The attorney for the family of a murdered Orlando toddler says a public memorial service will be held for the little girl.

Orlando lawyer Brad Conway said Tuesday that George and Cindy Anthony, the girl's grandparents, will hold both a private service and a public memorial for Caylee Marie.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471664,00.html

If this is repost or has been discussed, please feel free to move, merge, or delete.

shauna

Also this story

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/20081223/public-memorial-service-caylee.htm

snipped
Caylee's grandparents said Tuesday that they will hold both a private and public memorial for Caylee Marie and asked people not to donate any money toward funeral expenses, reported the CNN.

I think a public memorial service will bring closure to many people who are more interested in Caylee than in KC's trial. The Anthony's will certainly be damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point. It's better they do something than nothing at all.

I have a feeling you may very well be right, dreamerlin. While I was drawn very strongly to go down and be part of the "big search," I have no desire, whatsoever, to go to a memorial service. I do think it's a good thing, though, that they're offering the memorial service for the public and wouldn't understand how these intentions could be misconstrued.

I really don't think the A's should have a public service for Caylee. It will only turn into a media circus. They should keep this most solemn occasion strictly private - only family and very close friends. They should not even announce or otherwise publish the place, time etc. of the service.

I have a feeling you may very well be right, dreamerlin. While I was drawn very strongly to go down and be part of the "big search," I have no desire, whatsoever, to go to a memorial service. I do think it's a good thing, though, that they're offering the memorial service for the public and wouldn't understand how these intentions could be misconstrued.

If I lived closer I would attend a memorial service for little Caylee. I think it is a wonderful idea to have both a private service just for family and a public memorial. I don't think it will turn into a circus. People just want to go and say their good byes to little Caylee. We all have grown to love this baby girl.
I would hope that everyone will behave themselves anyway and just remember that this is for Caylee Marie and be respectful of that little girl.

The family should have a private funeral and I hope that the media will respect that, and other "protestors". None of us, except for family and friends, knew Caylee when she was alive. This should be for those who knew her when she was apart of their lives, when she was alive.

in updates Caylees body is at funeral home....

Having both private and public memorials is the best solution.

Whatever we feel about the As' behavior since the beginning of all of this, they are Caylee's grandparents and they are grieving.

People do want to pay their respects. Caylee has touched a lot of people in their hearts. IMO, two memorials is a good compromise.

Finally, they are listening to their lawyer.

Bravo.

I don't know how good I feel about the Anthony's having a public memorial. I think there is a lot of potential for problems and spectacle with it, and that certainly isn't respectful to their poor granddaughter.

The media is going to be all over it, and theres bound to be that one nutty person that starts wooping and hollering about Casey amidst the whole thing.

:confused:

I think this really is the best solution. I don't blame the family for wanting a private goodbye, but at the same time there are so many members of the public who want to acknowledge Caylee's life and the effect her death has had on all of us.

Hopefully they will get the privacy they want and deserve during the closed ceremony.

It sounds like Mr. Conway has managed to be the voice of reason, and I'm so glad to see that C&G seem to be heeding his good advice. He is doing a job no one else has been able to successfully accomplish.

Amen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd