Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Pat Brown on the Today Show !!! What path did KC take through the woods? "Psychopath" .

Just one more note:

But I do have a nagging question about PPD and PPP (yes, I KNOW they are radically different): Can symptoms vary from one individual to another? For example, one person could be lethargic (gee, could 1 hour of sleep a day cause that?) whereas, another person could be agitated and manic?

Just one more note:

But I do have a nagging question about PPD and PPP (yes, I KNOW they are radically different): Can symptoms vary from one individual to another? For example, one person could be lethargic (gee, could 1 hour of sleep a day cause that?) whereas, another person could be agitated and manic?

I also wonder if someone was already say bi-polar or had some other mental defect, if it would be enhanced or altered by that?

Oh - and not everyone who has an early miscarriage necessarily goes to the doctor...we also don't have KC's medical records to know whether or not she had a miscarriage. This is basically a supposition based on her statement regarding the miscarriage, not that anyone here believes her. I do believe that it could come up at trial...which is why I mentioned it.

I also wonder if someone was already say bi-polar or had some other mental defect, if it would be enhanced or altered by that?

Oh - and not everyone who has an early miscarriage necessarily goes to the doctor...we also don't have KC's medical records to know whether or not she had a miscarriage. This is basically a supposition based on her statement regarding the miscarriage, not that anyone here believes her. I do believe that it could come up at trial...which is why I mentioned it.

That it could come up at trial: that's what I asked, if the defense could possibly try to use it. I guess we will see.

That it could come up at trial: that's what I asked, if the defense could possibly try to use it. I guess we will see.

My thoughts on this are the defense would have to come out and say yes, KC did this and these are the reasons why, and I don't see that happening, she is going to stick to the story she has spinned.

Casey fits the description of a sociopath. I don't think an insanity plea would work or help much in her defense. They have mentally ill individuals walking around in general pop in prison in Fla.
Her family seems to be going through their steps of grief in their own ways. Sounds like they are coming out of denial and are angry with Casey now.

"The Anthonys have no plans to visit Casey Anthony in the Orange County Jail, where she's been since October."

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081224/BREAKINGNEWS/81224002/1006/NEWS01

They also know now that it's obvious that Casey is a murderer, they decide not to visit her. Maybe they will if they ever accept what she did. Love the sinner, hate the sin..

We will have to watch her parents i guess. They may prefer to view their daughter as mentally ill, and push that defense since they don't want to believe she could be a sociopath and just kill her child.

Regarding the alleged treatment of Casey by her mother, Cindy:
While I acknowledge that we do not know what has gone on behind closed doors in the Anthony home during Casey's childhood, I have my own theories based on the history of my pre-teen step daughter's relationship with her mother.
-- When my step-daughter was a baby/child, her mother projected the image of the most perfect, loving and doting mother for all to see. Her daughter was a special child, with gifts that made her superior to all other children. She controlled who her daughter played with (her daughter was seldon allowed to play with other children) and interfered in any interactions her daughter had with playmates.
-- She was constantly kissing and holding her daughter in public and talked baby-talk to her until she was 8 years old.
-- Slept in a single bed with her daughter until her daughter was 7 years old.
-- Behind closed doors it was different-- when her daughter was not submissive to her wishes, she would react with a terrible anger and yell at her and degrade her. This escalated into occasional physical abuse. Her daughter was forbidden to talk to others about what occured in the home. Eventually, her daughter learned to yell back at her and scream curses at her, just like her mother does. Then the daughter would get punished for cursing at her mother and not respecting her, even though the daughter learned this disrespectful behavior from watching her mother.
--Numerous times when my stepdaughter was visiting us, she would get upset when we would show attention to other children including her younger cousins because she wanted to be the center of attention.
-- When one meets my stepdaughter now, they see a beautiful and charming girl with a beautiful and charming mother. Behind the surface, my stepdaughter is narcissistic and insecure, and has the same anger issues that her mother has. Like her mother, she has learned to hide it.

My stepdaughter is just entering her teen years-- and I shudder to think of what is going to happen once the hormones kick in. I also wonder what the mother/daughter relationship will be like-- since there is such love/hate between the two of them. Because of their dynamic, I am interested in -- and horrifiedby -- the Anthony family and what has happened to Caylee.

I believe a lot of who Casey is today is in reaction to being raised by her mother. And I believe the entire family is in damage control mode, but they are having difficulty covering up who they really are because their behavior is under such a microscope.

God bless Caylee-- she deserved much more than the family she was born into.

Just had to write my thoughts for the Anthony's on this sad Holiday. Regardless of what anyone might think of them, they were loving grandparents. I see them surrounded by everything that was Caylee, her room, toys, outside playhouse, the pool, child-sized picnic table & hundreds of her playthings. She was their world, & I can't imagine what it must be like to wake every morning in the presence of all of what WAS her!, & knowing it will be nevermore. It is tragic & more than a nightmare!

So, on this Christmas Eve, I feel we should pray for them in any way you can. Right or wrong, with all their human frailities, they are suffering more than I would ever want to imagine.

Guess I posted this in the wrong place!

There is no basis for a diminished capacity or mental defect defense
and I seriously doubt the prisoner would ever allow such a defense
to be presented. KC is innocent in her mind .

As much as KC wants to be special and unique there are many in prison
and walking around just like her . She isnt extraordinary but she certainly took things to the extreme. Cindy certainly contributed in the
same respect all parents affect the adult their children become but
she is not to blame . KC made alot of poor choices and she alone
is responsible for them.

Malignant narcissists come from normal loving homes and severely dysfunctional ones . KC chose her narcissism in many ways while Lee
may have other issues he doesnt appear to be narcissistic .

There are replicas of the Anthonys in every neighborhood - you may
know them and not even realize it . The public presentation is a mask
and the real dymanics lay hidden and behind closed doors.

:hug: I have had issues with Psychosis (I honestly meant no harm to anyone in admitting I was frustrated with the terms Bipolar OR Psychotic being used to describe Casey. I just hate stigma) for as long as I can remember so I totally get what you mean about psychosis being terrifying. It is- it's like your mind have been taken over and there is nothing you can do about it. You lose interest in your own personal hygiene, you withdrawl from people, you become unable to focus on anything. Your speech is even affected. Simple outside noise and touch effect you differently, sometimes even makes one angry or irritable. Many become overly focused on religion or the occult. You become suspicious of everyone- accuse them of outlandish things!

Psychosis is not pretty, in any sense of the word. And sadly, it is uglier and harder on our loved ones than it is on us- we are insane and protected from it, they are not!

I had horrific guilt, was often suicidal- for a long time (therapy helps of course but it never goes away totally and that's OK, it's good to remember where ya came from.. it reminds you of why you don't ever want to go back!) because of the hurt that I caused my loved ones while manic and/or psychotic and IMO if people cannot see any of the other signs, that in itself (lack of guilt, of saddness for what she has done) shows Casey does not have either disease!

I am glad you feel better now :blowkiss:

above bolded by me respectfully....:)

OneLostGrl you are totally awesome for being so very open and sharing with us all! Thank you so very mcu. I have to say that I can identify with everything that you as well as others here because I have been there, done that. It has taken many years to recover but I can never ever forget what I put my wonderful husband and children through, even though it is or was caused by illness the guilt and shame are incredible. Thank God for my beautiful family, friends, faith, medication, therapy and group support or I wouldn't be where I am today. Without everything above I would not have made it through to the other side.

And for many of us as you know even with proper meds stress, illness, hormones and there imbalances and emotional upheavals etc. can cause us to fall off the wagon so to speak. For me the change of seasons will almost always require med changes.

Happy Holidays to all!!! :)

There is no basis for a diminished capacity or mental defect defense
and I seriously doubt the prisoner would ever allow such a defense
to be presented. KC is innocent in her mind .

As much as KC wants to be special and unique there are many in prison
and walking around just like her . She isnt extraordinary but she certainly took things to the extreme. Cindy certainly contributed in the
she is not to blame . KC made alot of poor choices and she alone
is responsible for them.

Malignant narcissists come from normal loving homes and severely dysfunctional ones . KC chose her narcissism in many ways while Lee
may have other issues he doesnt appear to be narcissistic .

There are replicas of the Anthonys in every neighborhood - you may
know them and not even realize it . The public presentation is a mask
and the real dymanics lay hidden and behind closed doors.

Sharpar you make some excellent points. I agree 100% that there would be no way, no how that Casey would ever consent to any type of mental defect defense. I wonder if she is simply narc or also does suffer from some type of delusions as well. Maybe she actually believes herself and her lies and stories.

How many people live with someone who is a narcissist I wonder and they do not even realize it? Do you think the number is startling? It is something I would like to research!

I truly believe that Casey is 100% responsible for all of her wrongs, paths and choices but still believe that she was victimized and emotionally/verbally abused by CA. It seems as though Cindy tries almightly to put up a "perfect family" front for all. While watching the jailhouse videos I noticed the startling differences in the personality/behavior descriptions given to the FBI from GA and CA. The stark contrast was completely and utterly shocking to me. Where they living with the same young woman in the same home truly?

Happy Holidays! :)

Do you think it's possible that you read my questions before and you were thinking about this?

I asked this question BEFORE on the Psych. 2 thread, Post #190:

10-25-2008, 09:19 PM
concentric
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

I put forth this question on some other threads here and sorry if it has already been addressed. I can really see the defense trying to get her ruled insane by undiagnosed post-partum psychosis; to favorably compound the issue, they could cite the miscarriage she told her friend about at the party.
---------------------

I also asked if the defense could use PPD. I never said she was psychotic. Only wondered if the defense could use it.

Personally, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the post partum diagnosis. Yes it truly exists, however, there are other signs that Casey lacks. One of them is "religion". History has shown those with severe ppp (post partum psychosis) also exhibit overly religious thoughts. Not too mention, the psychosis could or would be brief and when reality hit...the person would be devastated over thier actions. Not out drinking, partying and living the high life off of the expense of all others.

What I cannot get past...is what on earth triggered Casey to get a tattoo that said Bella Veda...or, in it's english form: "Beautiful Life" . Now this was after Caylee was killed. Was she so exhuberant to have her out of her life that now she could finally see her life as beautiful? Aside from all the possible medical diagnosis and personality disorders....I say this sums it up pure and simple: She's a monster.

How many people live with someone who is a narcissist I wonder and they do not even realize it? Do you think the number is startling? It is something I would like to research!

Happy Holidays! :)

Sorry I had to chuckle at the sentence above. Trust me, if you've ever known a true narcissist....you would realize it. I know. I was born and raised by one.

Cindy certainly contributed in the
she is not to blame .

But that is not to say that a negative parent may have affected their own child into doing exactly the opposite. Not necessarily affect them towards the negative side. Example: my ex sis and brother in laws were huge pot heads and drunks. Horrible living environment. filthy home. I used to rescue my nephews as often as I could just to be sure they were safe. They all moved out of state and we couldn't "come to the rescue any longer"...however, both boys grew up, went to college..one is an engineer and is married with a few children and the other is married/no children and a teacher. Hence...the way a parent "parents" can have either effect on their children. (When you think of the movie "mommie dearest", think of me. That was my upbringing to the T. I learned plenty from my own mom....as to what NOT to ever do to children.)

Just had to write my thoughts for the Anthony's on this sad Holiday. Regardless of what anyone might think of them, they were loving grandparents. I see them surrounded by everything that was Caylee, her room, toys, outside playhouse, the pool, child-sized picnic table & hundreds of her playthings. She was their world, & I can't imagine what it must be like to wake every morning in the presence of all of what WAS her!, & knowing it will be nevermore. It is tragic & more than a nightmare!

So, on this Christmas Eve, I feel we should pray for them in any way you can. Right or wrong, with all their human frailities, they are suffering more than I would ever want to imagine.

Such a lovely sentiment Reeseeva. We seem to be few and far between on this board, even at this time of year. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Sorry I had to chuckle at the sentence above. Trust me, if you've ever known a true narcissist....you would realize it. I know. I was born and raised by one.

Lavanda Dolce don't be sorry I had to laugh myself when I read it back! LOL In any case I have 2 family members who are monsterous Narcissists. But for the average person-you know they may just think, hey that person is awfully self centered etc. ya know?!

But that is not to say that a negative parent may have affected their own child into doing exactly the opposite. Not necessarily affect them towards the negative side. Example: my ex sis and brother in laws were huge pot heads and drunks. Horrible living environment. filthy home. I used to rescue my nephews as often as I could just to be sure they were safe. They all moved out of state and we couldn't "come to the rescue any longer"...however, both boys grew up, went to college..one is an engineer and is married with a few children and the other is married/no children and a teacher. Hence...the way a parent "parents" can have either effect on their children. (When you think of the movie "mommie dearest", think of me. That was my upbringing to the T. I learned plenty from my own mom....as to what NOT to ever do to children.)

Yep. Kids grow up, and make their own decisions. That's what happened in my family.

Possible, but not always. Sometimes the seizures are very infrequent. We don't know for sure if she has had more and didn't tell anyone, or didn't know herself if she had more. As for physical symptoms...we also don't know if she suffered from headaches more frequently, etc. I'm not saying that she has a brain tumor, I am however saying it should be ruled out.

We're not even sure she had ONE seizure. No records. Just a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla