Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. People need to remember that we all lie. It's human nature to lie. Nobody is exempt. When someone asks us "how are your children doing?"....do we automatically start off by divulging how wonderful one child is doing in school and how another one was caught drinking with friends the week before and how the 3d one you found birth control pills in her bedroom? No. We answer, "pretty good. They're doing pretty good. Thank you. And yours?" For the most part if we are having a totally crappy day and the bank teller asks "how are you?"....we automatically say "Fine, and you?". We don't go into the "real truth".

It's no biggie that Cindy lied about Ft. Myers to her family....we all do that when we may want to get out of having to visit someone at one point or another. There is nothing "psychologically wrong" with that. And there is nothing wrong with her lying to her family (mom) about situations at home in which she didn't want to worry her elderly mother further. And it is also possible that Cindy and George knew Casey was pregnant and lied to those at the wedding because we don't know if George and Cindy may have been trying to convince Casey to give the baby up for adoption and this way nobody need "know". We just do not know.
I don't think she lied to her mom. Cindy shared everything with her mom and her mom shared much of that with her sister which is how we know so much about their personal feelings, such as Cindy considering ending her life. Good thing Casey didn't know that, ey?
Lying is wrong and people should not practice that behavior. I personally think that not telling LE every detail of personal family issues is lying. I'm sure also that it was nerve racking for an old woman to talk to LE, and you don't always think clearly under stress.
I just read from another poster that thinks that Cindy didn't lie. I don't agree with that poster because their attorney requested immunity for conflicting statements to LE which is an admission of guilt. LE, under the circumstances is not investigating them at this time, nor do I think they will in the future, unless CA starts acting out again. Caylee has been found. Now they simply need to let the evidence and Caylee speak, and let a jury decide, and support their daughter if they choose to in a passive manner. This is jmo.
Letting go is the hardest of things to do, but it seems to be the answer to most questions concerning adult children.
I do have a son in prison, and I believed he was innocent of the crime until the day he confessed to me that he was guilty. What followed on my part was anger and shame. I didn't want to be the mother of someone who could commit a crime as he had done. For his part, when he heard my anger and shame, he became defensive, though he had none. Finally forgiveness came. He is paying the price, and has gone through a process of remorse, and has turned his thought process toward righteousness, and his heart has been cleansed. He has steadily increased in health physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Though he will always carry the scar of his crime, as will his victim, he will not reoffend after he is released provided his continues on his current path.
My prayer for Casey is that one day she too will come to her senses and begin the healing process. My prayer for her parents is that they too can come to terms with what their daughter has done, and one day forgive her, because one day she may need to hear it. This will all take time which Casey has plenty of. Good can come from even this, but I'm sure most are not ready to hear that. All those who believe that heaven is a real place understand that Caylee is safe now. No one will hurt her again, and she is in a wonderful place. I'm sure she has already forgiven the one who stole her life from her. But many of us are not ready to hear her voice just yet.
God is enthroned on justice. Jesus says mercy triumphs over judgment.
We all want justice for Caylee.
I believe we all also want remorse from Casey.
I know I do.

Yosande, I'm sorry to hear you've had to experience such trauma in your own family with your son and whatever he did that landed him in prison. As a mother, I can certainly understand all the pain and worries we go through from the moment our children are born and all the prayers that they will never come to ill harm by drugs, others, or themselves. I remember my ex mother in law told me once..."Children are a mothers greatest joy and biggest heartbreak".......I thought she was nuts! (lol) However, I do understand what she means. When our children are young we have "control" of their choices...but once they become young adults...sometimes that is when the heartbreaks come. I am glad to hear your son has cleansed his sins and I hope that he can help educate others in prison towards the same. And yes..maybe someday Casey will ask God for forgiveness and confess to what she did and why........if for any reason to help all of those that just cannot ever understand how something like this could happen.

OFF TOPIC:
Here is another example of a true liar. I cannot believe this young woman did this. It boggles my mind!

Police: Missing Baby Story Was A Hoax

Watch the video of this woman. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

http://cbs4.com/video/?id=68051@wfor.dayport.com

Can you imagine being the REAL MOM of this child and seeing him all ove the news as missing?

MIAMI (WBZ) Megan McCormick, in police custody, has been charged with filing a false police report for lying about the disappearance of her baby

The search in Florida for a missing toddler with ties to Massachusetts has been called off - because it was a hoax.

Miami police had been looking for help in their search for 6-month-old Riley Buchness, who was last seen by his mother December 23 in Miami.

HOW IT STARTED

Police had very few details of the boy's disappearance when they first asked for the public's help Thursday.

However, they did release a photo of him, saying he was with a woman by the name of "Camille."

"Camille" was allegedly the boy's nanny and she was possibly traveling in a red Acura, possibly with a Massachusetts license plate.

The mother and father are said to be from Massachusetts.

NO NANNY AND NO BABY
It turns out there is no Camille and there is no Riley.

Miami police said Friday that the whole story was fabricated by the woman who claimed to be the missing child's mother.

That woman, Megan McCormick, has now been charged with filing a false police report.

THE REAL STORY

According to Miami police detective Freddy Ponce, McCormick made up the story about her missing 6-month old son to cover up the fact that she had a miscarriage six months ago and didn't want her boyfriend, John Buchness, to know the truth.

Detective Ponce explained to CBS4 In Miami that when Buchness came to town for the holidays to visit McCormick and his son, she made up the story about the baby disappearing with a nanny.

Police say Buchness had no knowledge of the miscarriage and was in town to meet his son for the first time.

Investigators say McCormick found the picture of a child on the Internet and claimed it was her son.

McCormick told investigators that she didn't have a last name for the nanny or an address.

That's when the story started to fall apart.[/quote]

Just an observation, but the 'boyfriend' looked as if he were lying too.

His face went from worry to straight, back to what appears to be 'faked worry' back to normal, almost a look of amusement in fooling these folks.

Maybe I'm jaded, but this is what I saw.

It wouldn't surprise me if LA is the biological father of Caylee. I can see Casey actually and purposely seducing him...for whatever sick reason. I just can't get past all those money problems in the house and nobody cared to have Caylee obtain child support funding. Lee not wanting a DNA...and a court order having to be obtained. Time will tell.

I completely disagree ..
I don't, for a minute, believe any of that crap about Lee being Caylee's dad ..

Hello everyone - long time lurker here -- I start my day and end it reading this thread!! Thank you all for challenging me to back up and rethink this sad situation from all sides.

April Showers - about the Missing Child Hoax - if you are jaded, then I am too!! lol Something about that boyfriend's expressions didn't wash for me!! I hope I'm wrong, of course!!

Lavanda Dolce & Yosande - I soooo agree with your posts. I thought the e-mails were telling, but I would love to see some of George's family e-mails. I bet it would be a whole new perspective on the situation -- and I don't have a clue which would be more accurate. I would sure hate for some of my e-mails to hit the internet! lol Sometimes it depends on circumstances how "harsh" or "critical" I am about things. And I know I can talk to my family members about a family crisis/member and of course, it just depends on their personalities, how understanding or critical they happen to come off when talking about other family members. lol It looks as if Cindy wears the pants in that family, but when I sit back and think of most couples I know, it seems that one person takes the lead in their lives. As to Rick/Cindy e-mails, well they do seem sort of harsh. My dad was a longshoreman -- so sometimes our conversations looked/sounded worse than they were -- or at least we were used to it! lol We just didn't mince words and got to the point and actually were pretty crude at times if things got heated (my brothers & I), so I find myself not reading too much into that.

I think the stress on Cindy is sooo apparent in the jail visit/videos -- and I'd have to go back and re-listen, but on one tape it was like Cindy was telling Casey to "look me in the eyes" while talking -- I wonder, is Cindy somewhat hard of hearing, or is that her way of figuring out when Casey is bullsh--ing?? Did anyone else hear that?? In some of the videos, Cindy seems to be almost studying Casey as she talks.

I'm one who thinks what Cindy did is lying, also. However, I don't think for one minute they thought Casey would have killed their grandbaby. I think with the smell, her past lies, actions, etc. that they were thinking along the lines of "OMG, what the h.... has she done/gotten into now!" And I think the washing clothes, etc., lying (in my opinion) was to cover for whatever she had "done/gotten into now" and protect her daughter/get grandbaby back. Hope that made sense.. I would be in a pickle in that situation, because I wouldn't trust Casey, and I wouldn't necessarily trust our local cops here, either.

I too, do not believe Lee is Caylee's dad -- I think I simply don't believe anything that comes out of Casey's mouth period (lips moving = lying). But, I too, wonder why the heck they haven't gotten some support for that child, somewhere?? My guess is that it might take a whole season of Maury P.... shows to figure out who to collect from, and I'm sorry I feel that way about her. Perhaps the embarrassment put a stop to that one??

I think, for the most part, I will wait to see the Anthony's behavior/reactions during the trial. If they continue denying that their daughter did anything, and proclaiming that she should get mother of the year -- well, I believe my head will just blow off my shoulders!! Otherwise, I feel sooo terribly sorry for this family and what they are going thru and I can also see certain behaviors, actions, resemblences in my own family/friends (myself??) -- YIKES!!!

As I said, I really enjoy reading everyones opinions/input on this case because it does make one step back and consider where each individual may be coming from in their actions.

Yes, you did hear that in the jail house conversations and Cindy also told LE in her interviews that she could detect Casey's lie if she could look her in the eyes. To me, this is a sad measure of Cindy's acceptance of outrageous behavior. She couldn't believe anything her daughter was saying at any time unless she performed this visual check. Disgusting.

Just an observation, but the 'boyfriend' looked as if he were lying too.

His face went from worry to straight, back to what appears to be 'faked worry' back to normal, almost a look of amusement in fooling these folks.

Maybe I'm jaded, but this is what I saw.

Nope. Don't think you're jaded. His cry was too fake to me, too.

I too, do not believe Lee is Caylee's dad -- I think I simply don't believe anything that comes out of Casey's mouth period (lips moving = lying). But, I too, wonder why the heck they haven't gotten some support for that child, somewhere?? My guess is that it might take a whole season of Maury P.... shows to figure out who to collect from, and I'm sorry I feel that way about her. Perhaps the embarrassment put a stop to that one??

Hi Wanetta, I had to chuckle over the Maury Povich comment. You're probably right. It's possible that Casey herself does not know who the father is? Perhaps the family didn't pursue dragging a bunch of possibilities to be paternity tested.

I agree with you. People need to remember that we all lie. It's human nature to lie. Nobody is exempt. When someone asks us "how are your children doing?"....do we automatically start off by divulging how wonderful one child is doing in school and how another one was caught drinking with friends the week before and how the 3d one you found birth control pills in her bedroom? No. We answer, "pretty good. They're doing pretty good. Thank you. And yours?" For the most part if we are having a totally crappy day and the bank teller asks "how are you?"....we automatically say "Fine, and you?". We don't go into the "real truth".

It's no biggie that Cindy lied about Ft. Myers to her family....we all do that when we may want to get out of having to visit someone at one point or another. There is nothing "psychologically wrong" with that. And there is nothing wrong with her lying to her family (mom) about situations at home in which she didn't want to worry her ederly mother further. And it is also possible that Cindy and George knew Casey was pregnant and lied to those at the wedding because we don't know if George and Cindy may have been trying to convince Casey to give the baby up for adoption and this way nobody need "know". We just do not know.

LaVanda, if Cindy didn't want to "worry her elderly mother" would she have told her she was thinking of taking her own life? There is no way a person could live with someone like Casey for 22 years and not know that she was a liar, a thief, had burned all her bridges with 'friends', and had no resources to take an almost 3 year old out of that house. I would have kicked her to the curb, but would not have let her take Caylee with her. Fight the court battle later.

I completely disagree ..
I don't, for a minute, believe any of that crap about Lee being Caylee's dad ..

It's been a thought to ponder. I guess nothing would surprise me anymore in this case. I think it could go any which way but the truth. I have teetered with wondering if possible and then "nahhhhhhhh" comes to mind. Then back to anything is possible.

LaVanda, if Cindy didn't want to "worry her elderly mother" would she have told her she was thinking of taking her own life? There is no way a person could live with someone like Casey for 22 years and not know that she was a liar, a thief, had burned all her bridges with 'friends', and had no resources to take an almost 3 year old out of that house. I would have kicked her to the curb, but would not have let her take Caylee with her. Fight the court battle later.

I'm not sure. I guess it's all in the context of what was stated too. It's possible if they have a very close relationship and she was talking in retrospect...not in the present sense. Then yes..I could see her telling her mom that "thank God for Caylee as I honestly do not think my life was going to be worth living until she came along."

People overcome their raising ........ millions have

whatever who did what to whom will never excuse the choices KC made

she is an adult and legally competent

Just my "lurking" opinion...

I believe KC is enjoying her time in the sun, that she somehow believes she's a celebrity.

Just my "lurking" opinion...

I believe KC is enjoying her time in the sun, that she somehow believes she's a celebrity.

Trino - I totally agree with you on this. The videos of her going to lawyer was like watching a young movie star on a shopping trip or headed to the beach with body guards all around! Video jail/visits I think she enjoys hearing herself talk - on one video she strokes hair and laments how she must look. As if she has granted a spur of the moment interview!lol

If she keeps to her "the nanny did it" story, I wonder if she will now appear as a grief stricken mother in public (i.e. any court appearances, etc. as the case progresses)?? If so, she needs to practice on that act -- I just hate to see people cry with dry eyes!!

According to the documents, she couldn't afford the divorce as she would have had to sell the house and he would have had the rights to half...and she would have had to pay him alimony, according to her mother.

Yeah. That's it. Thanks!

ITA though I think he may be able to sense when is about to hit the fan so he bails before it does. I don't know- he is strange I'll tell ya that.

You could be right. he may know when to duck!

Yeah.. that's an odd family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member