Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah,ITA,
I just went back and re- read that interview.It makes me wonder if LE already knew the e-mails and files had been erased.Lee locks himself into that period of time.
Another topic,I bet the hairs on the detectives neck stood up when Lee said ,"that smell I smelled for the first time."
He's toast.

Why would this raise the hairs on the dectives neck?
I'm not following?

A blue screen is not a virus. It means there is either a hardware problem or a corrupt windows file. Here we call it the blue screen of death, as we are afraid the hard drive has crashed. My husband is a computer network tech and also builds computers from scratch.
Although it is not entirely impossible to do sommething to create the blue screen yourself, you would have to know a lot about computers to do it. It is not something you can just "come up with" on the spur of the moment.

Lee is a computer geek, he knows all of the tricks.
Did he expect LE to actually believe that the computer would be selective in deleting the emails only from a certain date and before?
Not all geeks are terribly bright.

ETA, My son is a network admin, a geek, and a bright one.

Does anyone know what Casey's email address was at that time? What email provider did she use? Lee said all of her emails prior to July 15 were missing. She would have had to been downloading her mail from the providers server into Outlook or Outlook express if we are to believe a "crash" was responsible for the emails being lost.

Hinky indeed.

My bold and italics-I am missing something clearly. I can see that Luka stated that Lee was being looked at for charges-OJ or accessory after the fact. Up until that point, I could see a whole lot of speculation about charges any of the Anthony family might face but nothing clear cut. I am going to assume in my mind that accessory or OJ charges might stem from him cleaning up Casey's computer-but other than that I do not see a whole lot of arrests being made....:waitasec:

On a side note, if Lee did clean up Casey's computer or ditch things associated with the case, I feel terribly, terribly sorry for him. He will have created a noose around his own neck on behalf of someone who wasn't worth it and in the end didn't deserve his efforts. He will further have put himself, his girlfriend and their unborn child in an untenable position.
after watching the "watch this sign kick LA's butt video" just now, I can't muster up an ounce of sympathy for him, other than the fact he was born to CA. He is an adult, he acted on his own, without duress, so why in the heck does he deserve sympathy? MOO

What is LA hiding? What made him "go along with CA's plan"? If he had nothing to hide, there would be no reason to be fearful of any type of prosecution. What does CA or KC have on him? What made him play along?

Does anyone know what Casey's email address was at that time? What email provider did she use? Lee said all of her emails prior to July 15 were missing. She would have had to been downloading her mail from the providers server into Outlook or Outlook express if we are to believe a "crash" was responsible for the emails being lost.

Hinky indeed.

Don't know her email address but remember that she had roadrunner. :)

"For that reason, he feels at this point, now that the police are focusing completely on Casey, he wants to make sure that his own civil rights are protected," said Luka.

This is odd? If the police are focusing completely on Casey, why would Lee now need his civil rights protected? Is LA afraid little sis is going to cut a deal and blab something? I do not know what LA has done, but this can't be good. Can anyone tell me what time TL said that LA left his house when he came to get KC's belongings?

A blue screen is not a virus. It means there is either a hardware problem or a corrupt windows file. Here we call it the blue screen of death, as we are afraid the hard drive has crashed. My husband is a computer network tech and also builds computers from scratch.
Although it is not entirely impossible to do something to create the blue screen yourself, you would have to know a lot about computers to do it. It is not something you can just "come up with" on the spur of the moment.

Exactly Blue Screens are rare. It is certain critical missing files or hardware problem or bad driver. Not all missing system files bring up a blue screen either, most bring up a black screen with the missing file listed. A virus can do this, but the amount of viruses that can actually do this on an updated notebook are very rare.

To get one to display on cue in time for murder mystery is almost a miracle. If he were a true computer geek he would know to yank that hard disk if he couldn't take the time to properly delete the whole drive by overwriting the whole thing with zeros several times (hours). I think he tried to delete certain files and made Windows unstable.

His claim that the original screen claimed it had been improperly shutdown and none of the recovery options worked is bordering on absurd. If it boots that far Safe Mode or Recovery should work about 80% or more of the time. Safe mode avoids the problem causing blue screens. (Stop Errors)

I can bring up one though by forcing a wrong video driver or overclocking memory/processor way beyond specs although most laptops don't allow overclocking easily. What I mean by forcing is that I install a driver manually despite all the warnings from Windows that it is the wrong driver.

I seriously doubt KC was doing driver testing/mods (working on and modifying drivers) Nor overclocking a crappy mass produced notebook.

Lee is a computer geek, he knows all of the tricks.
Did he expect LE to actually believe that the computer would be selective in deleting the emails only from a certain date and before?
Not all geeks are terribly bright.

ETA, My son is a network admin, a geek, and a bright one.
I was addressing the bluescreen, not deleted emails.
Also, just curious how people "know" what Lee does or doesn't know as far as computer knowledge goes.

Exactly Blue Screens are rare. It is certain critical missing files or hardware problem or bad driver. Not all missing system files bring up a blue screen either, most bring up a black screen with the missing file listed. A virus can do this, but the amount of viruses that can actually do this on an updated notebook are very rare.

To get one to display on cue in time for murder mystery is almost a miracle.

His claim that the original screen claimed it had been improperly shutdown and none of the recovery options worked is bordering on absurd. If it boots that far Safe Mode or Recovery should work about 80% or more of the time. Safe mode avoids the problem causing blue screens. (Stop Errors)

I can bring up one though by forcing a wrong video driver or overclocking memory/processor way beyond specs although most laptops don't allow overclocking easily. What I mean by forcing is that I install a driver manually despite all the warnings from Windows that it is the wrong driver.

I seriously doubt KC was doing driver testing/mods (working on and modifying drivers) Nor overclocking a crappy mass produced notebook.

Pretty much what my husband said too.

Not a good sign if that's all you get. I had the dreaded blue screen virus. There's a ton of stuff about it when you google it.

Just as an FYI, I am "self-taught" with regards to computer viruses, and have had many viral experiences over the past 8 years. I've had the BSOD only once, and while extremely difficult [took me about 3 days] - I did indeed end up recovering my system. Because alot of my "solves" are trial and error, I can't even begin to tell you how I did it, but I did it. My point being, if I can get past it - an actual computer forensics tech, could do it.

True, all data may not be "as it was", but some just might be recoverable.

LA was at the boyfriends house for 2 hours deleting files, right? Then does the boyfriend know what LA was doing and why LA was doing it???? Just wondering...........
if someone I didn't know was in my home doing something like that for his sister, I would be asking allot of questions unless I KNEW WHY he was doing it!!!!IMO

With out reading the links yet on the OJ claims and yes I will go back and read them :bang:

If true KC and my take on her hand analogy. KC I'm the ring finger intertwined and married to the whole AF hand, dad is the thumb we know how important a thumb is and he's out there, mom is the index the pointer who accuses you, you not us, Lee is the middle man to be used... umph finger and Caylee was the smallest, weakest link the little pinky left out there. :furious:

I know you didn't mean for this to be amusing, but nevertheless I really to have to laugh at this whole hand analogy business.

It is so weird that inmate casey says how Caylee got the best of each and everyone one of us, not for nothing but do most people think that their children got something from their brother? Wouldn't you normally think that she recieved some of her qualities from her father.

Weird just weird, Lee the middle finger...pretty much sums it up.

Wasn't this computer that A's family computer that KC used? Just want to be sure before I add more thoughts. :)

Just as an FYI, I am "self-taught" with regards to computer viruses, and have had many viral experiences over the past 8 years. I've had the BSOD only once, and while extremely difficult [took me about 3 days] - I did indeed end up recovering my system. Because alot of my "solves" are trial and error, I can't even begin to tell you how I did it, but I did it. My point being, if I can get past it - an actual computer forensics tech, could do it.

True, all data may not be "as it was", but some just might be recoverable.

Get yourself an antivirus Coco! Avira Antivir is very good and free. It's good to do trial and error with computers. It really does encourage you to learn to fix them yourself and avoid problems later. I've only had a virus once.

A forensics program can pick up every deleted file off a computer just as it was as long as it has not been written back over.

After listening to Luka, I am convinced that there are BIG issues.
The money first of all: now they are saying they will return it to the donors???
That doesn't seem like the A's typical behavior.
They must have been threatened about illegal collections and their consequences.
Lee shouldn't have used the donated money to do his " Own" investigation, the private investigators should have gotten money for that.
Also he mentioned that nothing has been done illegally, but Lee is just covering his bases so to speak. He didn't willingly give his DNA, and also didn't he refuse a lie detector test?
Innocent people don't do these things and don't prepare for obstruction charges just for the heck of it.
I think the High Five was a wrong move and will bite him and KC in the Butt!
JMO

yep like another WSer said............THE **advertiser censored* wing in prison...........

I know you didn't mean for this to be amusing, but nevertheless I really to have to laugh at this whole hand analogy business.

It is so weird that inmate casey says how Caylee got the best of each and everyone one of us, not for nothing but do most people think that their children got something from their brother? Wouldn't you normally think that she recieved some of her qualities from her father.

Weird just weird, Lee the middle finger...pretty much sums it up.
I blame all my kids bad habits on my sister that lives the farthest away from me. I also named one of my sons after my brother. :eek:
ruh roh.

La Stated to TL that if he would have known him he would have warned him about KC. It will be interesting to hear from TL what LA excuse was for working on the computer after first meeting him. Would'nt that be pretty intimidating to TL to meet his girlfriends brother for the first time under these circumstances. How did LA explain away what he eas doing while there, in his words to TL.

LA was at the boyfriends house for 2 hours deleting files, right? Then does the boyfriend know what LA was doing and why LA was doing it???? Just wondering...........
if someone I didn't know was in my home doing something like that for his sister, I would be asking allot of questions unless I KNEW WHY he was doing it!!!!IMO

I would be uncomfortable with a stranger just hanging around my house like that for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni