GUILTY WA - Izayah Denison, 2 mos, beaten to death, Spokane, 26 Dec 2008

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Snow delays infant's inevitable death

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 05:44 PM PST
Updated: Dec 29, 2008 06:37 PM PST

SPOKANE -- Monday's snowfall has delayed the inevitable death of a Spokane infant who was the victim of child abuse.

Police say three-month-old Izayah Denison is the victim of child abuse and the only thing keeping him alive are the machines that are making him breathe and keeping his tiny little heart beating.

While Izayah will never see another Christmas, he is giving the gift of life for other babies.

A plane load of doctors were scheduled to fly into Spokane to harvest the baby's organs at Sacred Heart Medical Center. That flight was waved away in the air as the runway was filled with snow and their plane was unable to land.

More:
http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?s=9592477

When will mothers ever learn????? :banghead:

Poor little Izayah, baby ~ my heart breaks for you. :(

ETA: Major Crimes detectives warned that if you ask a man to babysit your child that has no biological ties to your kid and no parenting experience then you are exposing your family to a potential tragedy just like this one.

How long had she been with this guy before he moved in? Her baby was only a few months old. Why did she feel she could trust him enough to leave him with her kids? Why didn't the dad take him?

The one good thing to come out of this is that other babies will be saved by little Izayah's organs.

After reading this article...http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...to-be-donated/
I can see, what a pair of dumb yahoo idiots the parents are. Dividing his ashes between them and getting tattoos to commemorate his life? Gee-- swell. Why don't they spend the money they would use for tattoos on some parenting classes and English classes? Maybe some common sense classes? That poor baby.

As for the murderer--death penalty. I hope his fellow inmates will "give him something to cry about" in the meantime.

Abused infant taken off life support
06:11 PM PST on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

LINK > Suspect's Myspace page
VOTE > Should prosecutors seek death?

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Sacred Heart Medical Center officials have confirmed two-month old Izayh Denison has been taken off life support.

The boy's parents kept the child on child support so his organs could be donated. He died Tuesday afternoon.

The boyfriend of Denison's mother is being held in the Spokane County Jail for allegedly abusing the baby to death.

Andrew Whitmire, 22, is being held in the Spokane County Jail on suspicion of the baby's death

More at link:
http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2-122708-baby-assault.11218954.html

Poor little Izayh never had a chance. At least his organs will enable other children to survive.

After reading this article...http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...to-be-donated/
I can see, what a pair of dumb yahoo idiots the parents are. Dividing his ashes between them and getting tattoos to commemorate his life? Gee-- swell. Why don't they spend the money they would use for tattoos on some parenting classes and English classes? Maybe some common sense classes? That poor baby.

Why ?

In the articles I have read, the mother seems remorseful and knows what a horrible mistake she made. She has to live with the knowledge that the man she loved killed her child. If there was no prior indication that the man would harm the child, then I really can't fault the mom.

Many parents will leave their child with a babysitter they really do not know, because the babysitter is a child of a friend, or neighbor. Will you tell those parents they are horrible people when the babysitter ends up killing their child ?

In reality there is no way of knowing a person will not harm your child. Unless there is prior indication that they will. Then yes leaving the child with that person would be irresponsible parenting.

And really if getting a tattoo and dividing the ashes amongst themselves makes them horrible people, I would love for you to go to a funeral home and tell a family that. There is no right or wrong way to grieve a death of a loved one. If it helps them move on then so be it. And really I would love for you to tell me and my brothers we are bad people because we divided my Daddy's ashes between the three of us, and one brother was going to get a tattoo remembering our daddy, but yeah he didn't like the fact it hurt.

You made a lot of assumptions based on a article with no indication that your assumptions were correct. She admitted she made a mistake, she is remorseful, and I am sure if she could do it over again she would not leave her son with her boyfriend.

E*E

OMG! She was checking herself in to the hospital for PPD. The poor mother. I agree that there may have been no way that she could have predicted this. And kudos to her for seeking help for PPD...so many mothers let it go on for too long. It's tragic that it had to end this way though.

"after Denison, his girlfriend, checked herself into the emergency room earlier that day for postpartum depression."

Why ?

In the articles I have read, the mother seems remorseful and knows what a horrible mistake she made. She has to live with the knowledge that the man she loved killed her child. If there was no prior indication that the man would harm the child, then I really can't fault the mom.

Many parents will leave their child with a babysitter they really do not know, because the babysitter is a child of a friend, or neighbor. Will you tell those parents they are horrible people when the babysitter ends up killing their child ?

In reality there is no way of knowing a person will not harm your child. Unless there is prior indication that they will. Then yes leaving the child with that person would be irresponsible parenting.

And really if getting a tattoo and dividing the ashes amongst themselves makes them horrible people, I would love for you to go to a funeral home and tell a family that. There is no right or wrong way to grieve a death of a loved one. If it helps them move on then so be it. And really I would love for you to tell me and my brothers we are bad people because we divided my Daddy's ashes between the three of us, and one brother was going to get a tattoo remembering our daddy, but yeah he didn't like the fact it hurt.

You made a lot of assumptions based on a article with no indication that your assumptions were correct. She admitted she made a mistake, she is remorseful, and I am sure if she could do it over again she would not leave her son with her boyfriend.

E*E

I am sorry I sounded so judgmental--I apologize--and thank you for being civilized in your response.

The parents of the little guy do appear to be terribly remorseful and the mother isn't totally dumb if she knew enough to go get help for post-partum depression. I think it just made me angry to see this happening yet again and I overreacted.

The reason why I said they(she) should take "common sense classes" is that if the scum who killed the baby says things like "I'll give him something to cry about," that is a huge red flag as to his attitude & potential for violence toward the baby. You can be sure he didn't say it just once, and it's possible he revealed his evil self in other ways. I don't think that is an unfair assumption.

I'm not saying I'm perfect--I'm angry at myself for not listening to my inner voice in past relationships and that could be part of the reason for why I reacted the way I did. People usually do the best they can.

As far as dividing the ashes, I have never heard of doing that. As for the tattoos, the parents don't look like they must have much money and tattoos are expensive--it seemed like there would be a nicer way to honor the baby's life and a better use for the money (contribute to a charity that helps battered wives or children?). I also have trouble correlating the sweetness and innocence of a little baby with something like a tattoo. But that's just me, I guess.
JUST MY OPINION. To each his own.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong