Tom Cruise is a nutjob!!!

What scares me: desperate parents of dyslexic children heading to the nearest scientology church more than ready to pay the fees, to get a crack at having their child cured of it. Of course, dyslexic adults, too... but adults have the know-how on saying yes or no... kids don't.

What scares me: desperate parents of dyslexic children heading to the nearest scientology church more than ready to pay the fees, to get a crack at having their child cured of it. Of course, dyslexic adults, too... but adults have the know-how on saying yes or no... kids don't.

:eek: that is worrying

I think if this statement was issued now its to go into pro Scientology to clam down the bad press associated with Jett Travoltas death, and what the media are saying.

I believe Scottish Rite or the Masons have a free program for dyslexic kids. It's not just scientology that has technology to help disabilities. Cruise is pretty old and probably didn't get the help he needed back when in public school. He is a nutjob, dyslexia or not.

I recently read his unauthorized biography by Andrew Morton (library book, didn't buy it). I must say he was portrayed in a sinister light, pretty darn spooky the things going on behind closed doors.

I've read the Andrew Morton book on tom. I concur, he's a nutjob! :crazy:

He's definitely different - that's for sure. Poor Katie looks like she's aged about 20 years since they got married. And what's with carrying Suri everywhere? Can't she walk?

I guess I am one of the few that is still not convinced Tom is even the father or that their marriage is based on love!! He was pretty private about his relationships before Katie..then all of a sudden he is making everything public. Even Oprah said she wasn't convinced about the relationship (years ago, after the couch incident).. and all of the public photos of Suri..you can clearly see on some websites how Tom and Katie "nurture" Suri on purpose just in front of the camera and take their sweet time getting in their vehicles in front of the camera to make sure everyone got a shot! Maybe it's just me but something just does not add up with them!!

I guess I am one of the few that is still not convinced Tom is even the father or that their marriage is based on love!! He was pretty private about his relationships before Katie..then all of a sudden he is making everything public. Even Oprah said she wasn't convinced about the relationship (years ago, after the couch incident).. and all of the public photos of Suri..you can clearly see on some websites how Tom and Katie "nurture" Suri on purpose just in front of the camera and take their sweet time getting in their vehicles in front of the camera to make sure everyone got a shot! Maybe it's just me but something just does not add up with them!!

I have felt this way from day one and especially when I heard that before they got married, Katie received 15 million dollars and also so much a year.
I do not believe that this baby is his either. I was just hoping that Katie wouldn't let her daughter be brought up in that mess of his life he has made.
just nutts.! I guess I need to read a book but don't really feel the need to see how nutty he really is... lol I loved him in Top Gun but just had a weird feeling about him?

Katie has aged and also has had some major work done to her face and body.
They both look about anorexic these days.
katies career sure got a boost though...

I have felt this way from day one and especially when I heard that before they got married, Katie received 15 million dollars and also so much a year.
I do not believe that this baby is his either. I was just hoping that Katie wouldn't let her daughter be brought up in that mess of his life he has made.
just nutts.! I guess I need to read a book but don't really feel the need to see how nutty he really is... lol I loved him in Top Gun but just had a weird feeling about him?

Katie has aged and also has had some major work done to her face and body.
They both look about anorexic these days.
katies career sure got a boost though...

I agree, Katie has aged for the worse! I loved her in Dawson's Creek, I thought she was so pretty. When she dated Chris Klein, I thought they were the cutest couple ever! She even spoke for herself back then! It's like she is a totally different person now....

I think Scientology cured Tom Cruise of his occasional spells of lucidity and rationality.
I think his last outbreak was about 12 years ago.

Ohhhhh, but I think Suri looks like an even combination of Katie and Tom... she is such a cutie-pie. Though... I do cringe at how open they are about putting her in the public eye. She's just a baby and sometimes you can tell it either scares her or she gets upset.

Ahhhhhh I can remember the days when Tom was oh so dreamy in that meow meow purr purr kind of way. Now... he is still dreamy... but in that "oh hell naw, he freaks me out" nightmare dreaming kind of way. :)

I believe Scottish Rite or the Masons have a free program for dyslexic kids. It's not just scientology that has technology to help disabilities. Cruise is pretty old and probably didn't get the help he needed back when in public school. He is a nutjob, dyslexia or not.

They do. My late husband was a 32nd degree Mason. They care so much for children, and the families of these children do not have to pay for any services.

I loved Tom Cruise in some of his movies, but the older he gets the crazier he gets

Ohhhhh, but I think Suri looks like an even combination of Katie and Tom... she is such a cutie-pie. Though... I do cringe at how open they are about putting her in the public eye. She's just a baby and sometimes you can tell it either scares her or she gets upset.

Ahhhhhh I can remember the days when Tom was oh so dreamy in that meow meow purr purr kind of way. Now... he is still dreamy... but in that "oh hell naw, he freaks me out" nightmare dreaming kind of way. :)

I agree she looks like both of them, I think she's his, even if it was IVF (not saying it was). It's unreal the way they parade her around in those 1000 dollar outfits and have places like FAO Schwartz closed to everyone but them so they can shop. I don't think she ever gets to play with other kids normally. Who cares if she has an entire wing of a mansion filled with toys? What a life. She will undoubtedly be be a spoiled brat, through no fault of her own. But you know, she's NOT really a baby anymore and yet she is almost always carried, still drinks out of a bottle :banghead:and uses a pacifier. I think it is sad the way she is being raised, including the Scientology. I wouldn't be surprised if Katie struck some kind of deal in marrying Tom. One way or the other she did, imo, because even if she loves him, it looks to me like he controls her - he never walks with her in public without clutching onto her hand or arm and leading her around like she's on a leash. It gives me the creeps. I'm surprised he "permitted" her to do the Broadway production. I can't believe she's not going to wake up someday and feel like she's in prison, but she's probably pretty addicted to the money - is there anything she appears to love more than shopping and turning herself into a Victoria Beckham clone (ugh)? I'm sure Tom's seeing to it that she's brainwashed by the cult, also. I'd be going nuts if I were her mother or father.

In conclusion, I cannot figure out why I even care about any of this! LOL.

Eve

Now the title of this thread is written like it was even a question, before, lol. I have to say, however, that I think he is competing with Jenny McCarthy who indicates that she has found a cure for her son's autism...a claim that is not being recognized by medical science currently, but also a claim that seems to have a basis in reality if you believe that autism stems from heavy metal toxicity.

Good for Tom if he thinks that his faith can cure-I don't buy Scientology for even a half second, but there is room for the two of us in this world I suppose....

Hold on now...I have a close friend who is a MFT and she is currently studying some books that confirm you can re-train your brain and that disorders such as dyslexia can be overcome completely. It has to do with regular focused short term exercises.

Now, this is not Scientology based, but scientifically based. Scientology is just as good at stealing ideas as anyone right?

Can I confirm any of this? Nope, but I do believe that we are still learning about our brains and how our beliefs alone can transform our minds and bodies.

I don't think it's a stretch to think someone can overcome something like this whether it's help from Tony Robbins, Scientology, Christianity and prayer or just believing you can.

I think it's possible that Scientologists may practice some techniques that help many, that's all.

Disclaimer: I am not, nor do I even know any Scientologists. I think they are half nuts and half brilliant. Sadly, the nuts part keeps any of the techniques they use that might be helpful from being taken even half seriously.

I am mildly dyslexic. It can be "treated". I was very lucky in that my first grade teacher was a new grad and had done extra studies in learning "disabilities" because that was way back in the days when people didn't know what the heck dyslexia was. Anyway, she caught it quickly and worked with me. I think it helped that I LOVED to read, so I really worked on it. And again my dyslexia was very mild. The outcome of the way she worked with me is that I became a VERY fast reader. It was somewhat like what they teach speed readers - you sort of read groupings of words rather then individual letters to make a single word if that makes any sense.

I liked Risky Business, Top Gun and Jerry McQuire, but it's hard for me to watch any of his movies now because I think he's a donkey's rear. I would NOT go to a theater and watch ANYTHING of his. Not to say I won't see it when it hits the movie networks, but I won't go out to see it or rent it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back