Larry Gattis

No I don't think it is insensitive of you, but at the same time I don't think he will have much to say about it, he is a very quiet person who in all the time I have worked here have only spoke to him about 5 times, and he sits right below me every single day. Having said that I am probably the most interested in what he thinks, so I will do my very best to get his feelings on this.

:blowkiss: Thank you...

Revisiting the Deceptive Polygraph results-this is a voluntary interview done with Larry, Anita and Greta Van Sustren. These are Larry's words, and I have never, ever seen anything where he disputes speaking these words...:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182784,00.html

snip

"VAN SUSTEREN: Anita, what do you make of the fact that they don't think that your husband was telling the truth in the polygraph? Do you think that they had a bad polygrapher? Do you think they were lying to Larry? What do you think?
A. GATTIS: Well, they told him he passed the polygraph except for one question and we've been told that, you know, that's not how they give you, you know, pass or fail. It's not you passed everything but one question.
VAN SUSTEREN: Did they tell you what the question was?
A. GATTIS: Yes, it was that he had had an affair with Tara.
VAN SUSTEREN: And, Dr. Gattis, Larry, I mean you deny that, I mean you say that they're lying about that, Larry, is that right?
L. GATTIS: Oh, absolutely, absolutely. Immediately when I left, I was hurt. I was upset. I called Anita. I called Faye (ph), Anita and Tara's mother. I told her. She's been livid about it. Actually, she wanted to come down tonight and come on too to talk about this. She was really upset.
But, they didn't seem concerned about really if I had done anything with Tara involved in the disappearance. It was more like something, you know, they had on me. They said, "Don't worry, we won't tell your wife." I said, "That's fine. I'm going to go tell her right now because it's all, you know, absolutely preposterous."
VAN SUSTEREN: All right and still and the bottom line is Tara's been missing since October 22nd and still no sign of her lots of searches. Larry, Anita, thank you both very much and, you know, the search goes on for Tara. Thank you.
A. GATTIS: Thank you.
L. GATTIS: Thank you."

snip

Earlier on in the interview, he indicates that he "doesn't believe he was ever asked if he hurt Tara..." As an aside, how is it he could not remember being asked that question? Considering the fact that GBI would not release the results of the polygraph, it is a safe bet for him to say what he will about it I guess...

"LARRY GATTIS, TARA GRINSTEAD'S BROTHER-IN-LAW: They asked me a lot of questions. I don't believe they ever asked me if I had hurt Tara or done anything to her. Mainly they were interested in my history, my medical history, Tara's personal medical history. They were interested in rumors that they had heard and about some sort of inappropriate affair I had had with Tara supposedly."

In a case as complicated as this one, with as many players, I have to believe that the above interview makes Dr. Gattis a legitimate POI. Not to the exclusion of all others, but he has to be included. JMO. Respectfully.

Revisiting the Deceptive Polygraph results-this is a voluntary interview done with Larry, Anita and Greta Van Sustren. These are Larry's words, and I have never, ever seen anything where he disputes speaking these words...:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182784,00.html

snip

"VAN SUSTEREN: Anita, what do you make of the fact that they don't think that your husband was telling the truth in the polygraph? Do you think that they had a bad polygrapher? Do you think they were lying to Larry? What do you think?
A. GATTIS: Well, they told him he passed the polygraph except for one question and we've been told that, you know, that's not how they give you, you know, pass or fail. It's not you passed everything but one question.
VAN SUSTEREN: Did they tell you what the question was?
A. GATTIS: Yes, it was that he had had an affair with Tara.
VAN SUSTEREN: And, Dr. Gattis, Larry, I mean you deny that, I mean you say that they're lying about that, Larry, is that right?
L. GATTIS: Oh, absolutely, absolutely. Immediately when I left, I was hurt. I was upset. I called Anita. I called Faye (ph), Anita and Tara's mother. I told her. She's been livid about it. Actually, she wanted to come down tonight and come on too to talk about this. She was really upset.
But, they didn't seem concerned about really if I had done anything with Tara involved in the disappearance. It was more like something, you know, they had on me. They said, "Don't worry, we won't tell your wife." I said, "That's fine. I'm going to go tell her right now because it's all, you know, absolutely preposterous."
VAN SUSTEREN: All right and still and the bottom line is Tara's been missing since October 22nd and still no sign of her lots of searches. Larry, Anita, thank you both very much and, you know, the search goes on for Tara. Thank you.
A. GATTIS: Thank you.
L. GATTIS: Thank you."

snip

Earlier on in the interview, he indicates that he "doesn't believe he was ever asked if he hurt Tara..." As an aside, how is it he could not remember being asked that question? Considering the fact that GBI would not release the results of the polygraph, it is a safe bet for him to say what he will about it I guess...

"LARRY GATTIS, TARA GRINSTEAD'S BROTHER-IN-LAW: They asked me a lot of questions. I don't believe they ever asked me if I had hurt Tara or done anything to her. Mainly they were interested in my history, my medical history, Tara's personal medical history. They were interested in rumors that they had heard and about some sort of inappropriate affair I had had with Tara supposedly."

In a case as complicated as this one, with as many players, I have to believe that the above interview makes Dr. Gattis a legitimate POI. Not to the exclusion of all others, but he has to be included. JMO. Respectfully.

I'm not sure that a guy having an affair and lying about it makes him a murderer. A lot of husbands out there would lie about that.

I do have a question about the release of the polygraph results. He may have failed more than one question. So he had to come up with a question that sounded reasonable to his wife since they told him he failed.

I can't think of any other question that sounds believable enough that LE would still be interested in him. I think it was the least of the evils. :confused:

I'm not sure that a guy having an affair and lying about it makes him a murderer. A lot of husbands out there would lie about that.

I do have a question about the release of the polygraph results. He may have failed more than one question. So he had to come up with a question that sounded reasonable to his wife since they told him he failed.

I can't think of any other question that sounds believable enough that LE would still be interested in him. I think it was the least of the evils. :confused:

I am on the same page as you-I am skeptical that this is either the only question he failed or the one he failed. So, were there other records that might have supported an affair with Tara?

Additionally-the reason I brought the information back in here is because I wanted to illustrate why I felt Dr. Gattis was a legitimate person of interest. If you take a look at what makes each person we have discussed a poi, mentioning a failed polygraph has to be considered significant, imo...

I am on the same page as you-I am skeptical that this is either the only question he failed or the one he failed. So, were there other records that might have supported an affair with Tara?

Additionally-the reason I brought the information back in here is because I wanted to illustrate why I felt Dr. Gattis was a legitimate person of interest. If you take a look at what makes each person we have discussed a poi, mentioning a failed polygraph has to be considered significant, imo...

I don't think he is involved with Tara's disappearance. Could be something else from the past? GBI has never confirmed his allegations of a failed question so I wonder if this was some hard boil questioning? LE lies? We know they do to get answers. He seemed hyper bent after but he and his wife were the ones that led searches long after LE stopped.

I don't know but I wouldn't give a clean slate to locals either.

Cadaver scent at the Snapdragon fire is more significant than anything else we know. No other person was reported missing. And, the owners of the property lived in Florida and stated that no one had ever died at that house.

I don't think he is involved with Tara's disappearance. Could be something else from the past? GBI has never confirmed his allegations of a failed question so I wonder if this was some hard boil questioning? LE lies? We know they do to get answers. He seemed hyper bent after but he and his wife were the ones that led searches long after LE stopped.

I don't know but I wouldn't give a clean slate to locals either.

Cadaver scent at the Snapdragon fire is more significant than anything else we know. No other person was reported missing. And, the owners of the property lived in Florida and stated that no one had ever died at that house.

What is this about the Snapdragon fire?

Here's a link to an article on a 48 Hours investigation. They think her murder may be linked to another womans murder, Jennifer Keese.

From the 48 hours article.

And besides the DNA, Rothwell says they also got a fingerprint. But when they compared the DNA and fingerprint to the men in Tara's life, there was no match.

There was no match nationally, either. Still, investigators can't eliminate any of the men in Tara's life, since they might have had an accomplice. "We always have to consider the possibility of a third party. Either someone was involved in getting a third party to harm Tara or that Tara was harmed by accident and a third party was used to help cover up the crime," Rothwell says.

So let's assume the glove belonged to an accomplice. I first thought of Harpers old partner that he drove around with that night but I believe police officers have to submit their DNA and fingerprints when they're hired. :waitasec: If not then Harpers story sounds hinky to me.

The abductor obviously had an accomplice, IMO, because her car was still there and the seat was moved back. So if the abductor used her car and came back to her place then he probably didn't just walk away.

If the Jennifer Keese case (Hey that rhymes!) is related to the Grinstead case then it's most likely a traveling serial killer. If one of the construction workers can be linked to being in both areas at the same time that would be a big break. It's particularly interesting that the bloodhounds trailed back to her complex.

The video from the Keese investigation shows a person 5'3" to 5'5". I find it hard to believe that a guy that size could over power one or both of these women easily.

Also, Tara's car seat was pushed back farther than someone about 5'5" would be able to drive.

Since the DNA on the glove doesn't match any known suspects in Tara's life I lean more toward random crime.

The DVD in Keese's crime is intriguing. It appears, evidently, that it has no ties to her. In the article they don't say whether there were fingerprints on it or not. They had to have gotten fingerprints off the steering wheel of her car. If not was the driver wearing gloves? If he was that seems like another tie in to both cases.

I'm curious too as to whether or not they could track down which store sold the DVD player by the serial number? I believe inventories at those stores are kept by model # and serial number so if it's sold they can make sure it came from their store if someone tries to return it.

If it is a pair of construction workers going from one place to another it's probably not going to be solved until their DNA or fingerprints show up in the national database.

One more thing. Where is the Snapdragon located in reference to Tara's home?

Second did the cadaver dogs hit on her scent specifically or just a corpse's scent?

Regarding the serial killer angle:

Tara lived in a small town in a remote area with no real construction being done, IIRC. Jennifer lived in a big city with construction work going on all around her....

How was Tara chosen?

If it was a stranger abduction, then by golly this was clearly not his first because how could he possibly have known that people would tramp everywhere before her home was secured, the car would be processed by someone who should have recused himself and that she would have a boyfriend who was tailor made as a suspect?

Jennifer Kesse could have been put into a construction dumpster and hauled away so easily with no one ever knowing where she went. Tara was either removed from the town or was dumped in the significant woods that surrounds her area.

Too many methods for me....

Tara seems to have too many people around her with some kind of motive (for lack of a better word) or some kind of intense involvement in her life. Jennifer doesn't strike me as having the same number of people obsessed with her...but I do not know the case well.

Regarding the serial killer angle:

Tara lived in a small town in a remote area with no real construction being done, IIRC. Jennifer lived in a big city with construction work going on all around her....

How was Tara chosen?

If it was a stranger abduction, then by golly this was clearly not his first because how could he possibly have known that people would tramp everywhere before her home was secured, the car would be processed by someone who should have recused himself and that she would have a boyfriend who was tailor made as a suspect?

Jennifer Kesse could have been put into a construction dumpster and hauled away so easily with no one ever knowing where she went. Tara was either removed from the town or was dumped in the significant woods that surrounds her area.

Too many methods for me....

Tara seems to have too many people around her with some kind of motive (for lack of a better word) or some kind of intense involvement in her life. Jennifer doesn't strike me as having the same number of people obsessed with her...but I do not know the case well.

I agree it was most likely done by someone she knows but it is possible that a couple of traveling CW's happened upon her.

The clothes in the Bedroom of TG's home makes me think it wasn't a stranger that came into her place.

From the 48 hours article.

And besides the DNA, Rothwell says they also got a fingerprint. But when they compared the DNA and fingerprint to the men in Tara's life, there was no match.

There was no match nationally, either. Still, investigators can't eliminate any of the men in Tara's life, since they might have had an accomplice. "We always have to consider the possibility of a third party. Either someone was involved in getting a third party to harm Tara or that Tara was harmed by accident and a third party was used to help cover up the crime," Rothwell says.

So let's assume the glove belonged to an accomplice. I first thought of Harpers old partner that he drove around with that night but I believe police officers have to submit their DNA and fingerprints when they're hired. :waitasec: If not then Harpers story sounds hinky to me.

The abductor obviously had an accomplice, IMO, because her car was still there and the seat was moved back. So if the abductor used her car and came back to her place then he probably didn't just walk away.

If the Jennifer Keese case (Hey that rhymes!) is related to the Grinstead case then it's most likely a traveling serial killer. If one of the construction workers can be linked to being in both areas at the same time that would be a big break. It's particularly interesting that the bloodhounds trailed back to her complex.

The video from the Keese investigation shows a person 5'3" to 5'5". I find it hard to believe that a guy that size could over power one or both of these women easily.

Also, Tara's car seat was pushed back farther than someone about 5'5" would be able to drive.

Since the DNA on the glove doesn't match any known suspects in Tara's life I lean more toward random crime.

The DVD in Keese's crime is intriguing. It appears, evidently, that it has no ties to her. In the article they don't say whether there were fingerprints on it or not. They had to have gotten fingerprints off the steering wheel of her car. If not was the driver wearing gloves? If he was that seems like another tie in to both cases.

I'm curious too as to whether or not they could track down which store sold the DVD player by the serial number? I believe inventories at those stores are kept by model # and serial number so if it's sold they can make sure it came from their store if someone tries to return it.

If it is a pair of construction workers going from one place to another it's probably not going to be solved until their DNA or fingerprints show up in the national database.

I haven't posted in a while, since there's no movement and little news to discuss.

Oscilla is pretty far off the beaten track, so to speak. Construction isn't part of that town at all. A random killing there would be unlikely, too. The town is small.

I've felt for some time that a PAID third party - pro hit man - was involved, which is why the prints matched no one in town or in a national database.

I haven't posted in a while, since there's no movement and little news to discuss.

Oscilla is pretty far off the beaten track, so to speak. Construction isn't part of that town at all. A random killing there would be unlikely, too. The town is small.

I've felt for some time that a PAID third party - pro hit man - was involved, which is why the prints matched no one in town or in a national database.

Yes and yes! I heard that 48 Hours will revisit this crime tomorrow night. I also hear that there is a new snippit. I don't know anything personally so I hope that there is new news.

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I see that there is something on 48 tonight on Tara. I'll have to check that out. Thanks CP for telling us.

YW, lovely ladies. I hope there is some new news. Just a snippet could have us off and running again given the amount of data collected so far. Pieces of the puzzle could help put it together and get some justice for Tara.

Esah, Concern haven't posted here in a while and dont visit other forums so just wondering did you two get to see the 48hrs and was there any new info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back