AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, the grandfather did it and set up the 8-year old to take the fall. Now he's allowing him to rot in juvie. It's a BIG conspiracy.

Are you serious??

Oy vey. I give up.

Thank you chicagofa13, I feel the same way. This thread spins round and round...everyone did it BUT the boy. Time will tell......

Thank you chicagofa13, I feel the same way. This thread spins round and round...everyone did it BUT the boy. Time will tell......

How about everyone should be looked at as guilty including the boy? :)

How about everyone should be looked at as guilty including the boy? :)

Haven't posted in a while.

What makes you believe everyone hasn't been looked at. We are not privy to information that has been gathered nor are we privy why someone else has not been jailed instead of the boy.

I do agree with the past several posts and IF he DID do it, he should be punished appropriately. But that is not known at this time, and he should be treated as IUPG. I know OBE you said the public is not required to assume IUPG (and I do agree with that), but the justice system IS obligated to follow this, and they are not, I am seriously surprised that this is not being done.

I personally do not believe he is just guilty of cold blooded murder. Maybe he did not want to tell police that it was his GRANDFATHER'S car. I really do not know.

That all said, him still sitting in protective custody, no one to talk to, no therapy, against AZ statutes, that is an URGENT problem. I am surprised no lawyers have stepped up to the plate to do something about it!

Since LE has bungled the handling of this, I think it is likely he will walk, either way, because of the bungled handling of this case, regardless of their lack of experience dealing with homicide.

Oh, last thing I will say about the hubcaps, it may be an assumption of some people's idea of propriety, in reality it is not the case, my husbands Jeep has never has any sort of hubcaps (or pretty rims), and he really doesn't care either way. We are not "poor", it just not on his priority list. I don't believe that ones income dictates these types of things. imho

Haven't posted in a while.

What makes you believe everyone hasn't been looked at. We are not privy to information that has been gathered nor are we privy why someone else has not been jailed instead of the boy.

It's just that, we aren't privy to any hard evidence one way or the other. It leaves it open for the possibility the boy didn't do it; was involved with help; someone else did it; or the boy did it himself.
What we do know from the pdf files of the courtroom and questioning, it seems that other leads could have been followed more thoroughly, while also keeping the boy in their sights.
I accept the possibility that he may be guilty, i would hate to see an innocent child locked up and having his own rights infringed upon to make a landmark case. I also don't believe that an 8 year old should be charged as an adult.
We've seen the work of the St John's police department, and there are numerous court records pdf files we can access with the Apache County site. Someone had posted the link far back in the thread, or the last thread i believe. It just seems that the police work done could have been better.
If they had did everything by the book, i wouldn't be questioning so much.

I imagine LE knows where everyone in the victim's circle was at the time of the murders. So gramps probably has an alibi. Plus the kid has not taken his confession back since he made it... as far as we know.

On November 10, 2008, there was an Advisory Hearing in which the defense attorney entered, on behalf of the juvenile, a Denial to the charges.

I believe this is the same as a 'not guilty plea.'

It's in the available court documents, WHICH I'm NOT going to link because they state the child's name.

JMHO
fran

On November 10, 2008, there was an Advisory Hearing in which the defense attorney entered, on behalf of the juvenile, a Denial to the charges.

I believe this is the same as a 'not guilty plea.'

It's in the available court documents, WHICH I'm NOT going to link because they state the child's name.

JMHO
fran

Yes he did state that at the time and very well could still go with a not guilty plea like many other defendants do in the criminal justice system.

However that was before he stated publicly that he wanted to see all the evidence against the boy before he considered the plea deal offered by the State.

This case is constantly evolving and more evidence results is expected.

imoo

I imagine LE knows where everyone in the victim's circle was at the time of the murders. So gramps probably has an alibi. Plus the kid has not taken his confession back since he made it... as far as we know.

I agree. After over two months that has long been checked out.

In the numerous State discovery supplementals it stated that further interviews and re-interviews have been done.

IMO, LE has substantiated all other alibis.

imoo

Yes he did state that at the time and very well could still go with a not guilty plea like many other defendants do in the criminal justice system.

However that was before he stated publicly that he wanted to see all the evidence against the boy before he considered the plea deal offered by the State.

This case is constantly evolving and more evidence results is expected.

imoo

When considering a plea deal often times the defense has to consider what evidence they have. There have been cases when even though someone is innocent they take a plea bargin because there is so much circumstancial evidence that they figure they will be better off with a pleas bargin rather than go on and defend themselves. They can look at a plea bargin of say, 5 years or say life. The circustancial evidence is such they don't want to take the chance, even thought they know they are innocent.

When considering a plea deal often times the defense has to consider what evidence they have. There have been cases when even though someone is innocent they take a plea bargin because there is so much circumstantial evidence that they figure they will be better off with a pleas bargain rather than go on and defend themselves. They can look at a plea bargain of say, 5 years or say life. The circumstantial evidence is such they don't want to take the chance, even thought they know they are innocent.

I don't think there will be a plea deal in this case unless all the evidence is pointing directly against him.

imoo

I don't think there will be a plea deal in this case unless all the evidence is pointing directly against him. imoo

I don't believe the case will go to court. There's just too much controversy surrounding the case. I think the defense will go for a plea deal.

I don't believe the case will go to court. There's just too much controversy surrounding the case. I think the defense will go for a plea deal.

I think they will first hold out hoping that the case is tossed. If that doesn't happen and all of the evidence is back and pointing directly toward his client then he would be remiss in his duties if he did not try to plead the case out.
They won't be trying this case in front of a jury but a highly seasoned Judge that will leave out the emotion and look strictly at the facts and rule of law.

Did you notice that over 20 pages of diagrams for the DPR has been turned over to the defense in discovery? I think this is the data pertaining to the trajectory of where the shooter stood as he fired each shot and where the victims were when each shot was fired into them. IMO it is consistent with the shooter being the height of the defendant.

Also did you notice in the January 6th hearing the defense attorneys are not asking for nearly as much discovery as they had been. I think most of the evidence is back now except the further testing on the firearm. I wonder if it has been sent to a specialized lab, that looks not only for fingerprints, but for biological evidence that may be on it.

imoo

I think the boy would be screaming that he didn't do this by now if he was innocent.

I think the boy would be screaming that he didn't do this by now if he was innocent.

If his attorneys had one bit of exonerating evidence THEY sure would be screaming it to the Judge, instead of trying to suppress the search warrants.

If he was innocent...........they would want it all to come out.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member