Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I went to WHS with ML. We were in the Class of 75. I was also his Platoon Leader in the OKARNG at Henryetta. ML was always a Christian centered man. He was a good soldier. I can't help but think something dramatic happened in his life lately either personally, in his mind, or both. I'm not saying ML didn't commit the crime, and if he did, I feel for the girls and their families. I would be very surprised if Taylor and Skyla attended Arbeka Indian Baptist Church. Weleetka is pretty segregated, just like a lot of small Oklahoma towns, and races essentially don't mix.

Hello W1~
I wanted to thank you for continuing to share a local perspective and information about the people who live in the area. I do not live in the area but, I am familiar w/ the area and where the church is located. While it is close to Taylors home, I do not think the girls were involved in the church. Like I stated earlier, I do not think ML will be involved in the deaths of Taylor and Skyla. jmo.

Hi Tapu~
Yes, communion is taken at Baptist churches. Fasting before hand is not a requirement.

I guess it's "confession" that requires fasting beforehand, anyway. The possibility of a strong connection ( or neg) to a church/pastor, together with the fact that the girls' stomach contents seemed to indicate that (oddly, in my view) they hadn't eaten in a while, got me to thinking about fasting and that type of practice in a religious context that had a hold on me, at least, at that age.... If the girls were fervently into this pastor's church....

Ruflossn, Howdy. Thanks. It would also be nice to hear from Missing Sarah and Sheza too.

I guess it's "confession" that requires fasting beforehand, anyway. The possibility of a strong connection ( or neg) to a church/pastor, together with the fact that the girls' stomach contents seemed to indicate that (oddly, in my view) they hadn't eaten in a while, got me to thinking about fasting and that type of practice in a religious context that had a hold on me, at least, at that age.... If the girls were fervently into this pastor's church....

Tapu~
I had a feeling that was where you were going w/ the fasting question. In the Baptist religion, confession to a Priest etc....... is not a part of the religious / church requirements. Imo, the girls stomachs being virtually empty had nothing to do w/ attending any church services or church sponsored activity. This church is very close to Taylors home and also very close to where the POI was reportedly seen standing near his truck. Again, imo, that is where the similarities to the deaths of Skyla and Taylor and the church will begin and end. Assuming the alleged molester is guilty, I am just thankful that he is away from the unsuspecting young people that inevitably trust those that are put in church leadership positions.

Folks, I went to WHS with ML. We were in the Class of 75. I was also his Platoon Leader in the OKARNG at Henryetta. ML was always a Christian centered man. He was a good soldier. I can't help but think something dramatic happened in his life lately either personally, in his mind, or both. I'm not saying ML didn't commit the crime, and if he did, I feel for the girls and their families. I would be very surprised if Taylor and Skyla attended Arbeka Indian Baptist Church. Weleetka is pretty segregated, just like a lot of small Oklahoma towns, and races essentially don't mix.

Weleetka1, I also want to thank you for sharing a locals perspective.

You stated that ML, was in the National Guard. That would mean he had some type of military training. Especially with weapons.

Weleetka1, is ML still a member of the guard?

Yeah... you're probably right.

You know, when these girls were first killed, it seemed like the crime would be solved quickly. I mean, it was so out in the open. And in such a rural area.

It's frustrating so I keep wanting some break to happen....

Little726:

Yes ML had weapons training. However, I beleive it was handguns used to kill Taylor and Skyla. ML was enlisted, and enlisted personnel are generally not issued sidearms, but an M-16 rifle. Now you make me think that the shot patterns that were found on Taylor and Skyla should be matched against known shot groupings or patterns by other persons in organizations that have sidearm training.

Little726:

Yes ML had weapons training. However, I beleive it was handguns used to kill Taylor and Skyla. ML was enlisted, and enlisted personnel are generally not issued sidearms, but an M-16 rifle. Now you make me think that the shot patterns that were found on Taylor and Skyla should be matched against known shot groupings or patterns by other persons in organizations that have sidearm training.

No, I was on another line of thinking. But you made a good point.

Does anyone know if they were able to get the tire tracks from truck that was spotted with the POI? Or any tire tracks around that scene for that matter?
If you have a truck, say 3 tires on it are factory tires, maybe at one point in time the 4th tire got a flat, blew, wore out. So you can have a different brand tire or even 2 different brand tires on a truck. Which would help identify the truck by the tire treads.
Tire treads is what helped catch serial killer Bobby Long.

Does anyone know if they were able to get the tire tracks from truck that was spotted with the POI? Or any tire tracks around that scene for that matter?
If you have a truck, say 3 tires on it are factory tires, maybe at one point in time the 4th tire got a flat, blew, wore out. So you can have a different brand tire or even 2 different brand tires on a truck. Which would help identify the truck by the tire treads.
Tire treads is what helped catch serial killer Bobby Long.

http://newsok.com/article/3254870

Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker 13, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, were found shot to death in a ditch on a dirt road less than a mile from Taylor's home. Family members said Taylor and her friend went for a walk down the road at about 5:30 p.m. to a bridge and appeared to be heading home when they were killed, said Sheriff Jack Choate.

Taylor's grandfather found the girls' bodies after he went to look for them when they did not return, Choate said. Investigators combed the area last night before heavy rains hit the area. Tire tracks were found on the dirt road and were preserved, as well as other evidence found at the scene. Choate said there is a suspect in the case.

The girls were found in a ditch on a county road along the Okmulgee-Okfuskee county line, said OSBI investigator Stan Florence. The girls were found fully clothed in T-shirts and shorts. Both had multiple gunshot wounds, Florence said.
Investigators are still trying to figure out a motive in the killings and what type of gun was used.
"They were little girls, what possible motive could there be?" Choate said. "You have to wonder, did they see something they were not supposed to? Were they at the wrong place at the wrong time?"
Their bodies were found along an isolated road. Hardscrabble homes along the county road are spread out and as much as mile apart in some places. Crime scene tape had blocked the road, but already mourners had dropped off flowers near the field where the girls were found. Lawn chairs filled the front yard of the modest home where Taylor's family lives.

I wanted to refresh our memory a little and maybe we can discuss a few things here.

http://www.newsok.com
Investigators searching for person of interest
By John David Sutter
Published: June 13, 2008

........."This is absolutely solvable," said Brown.
The new details in the case were disclosed as friends and family members attended the funeral for 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker at a Henryetta church. At the funeral, investigators entered the church and took the guest book. Services for Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13 were held this morning in Dewar.
The two girls were shot on a heavily-wooded dirt road near the rural town of Weleetka, OSBI Agent Ben Rosser said authorities "have not hit the wall or run out of leads, by any means."
Rosser did say his investigation is taking officials outside this part of east-central Oklahoma, to places such as Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Seminole. Tips have come in from neighboring states, he said.
Rosser spoke to the media from a command center in the Okfuskee County Courthouse. Black-and-white photocopies of evidence — a boot print in the dirt road, for instance — were taped to the wall. Most of the evidence was covered from public viewing. Rosser had drawn a map of the country road, and the bridge near where the girls were shot, on a marker board in the fourth-floor office. Investigators pecked on laptops.

I find the Ponca City molestation and now the arrest of the pastor very interesting. Did they know each other perhaps? Did the man in Ponca City possibly attend the church when he was younger? Was he a pedophile who interacted with the pastor online or in some other way?

With the pastor allegedly having a past concerning molestation, it would not preclude the man in Ponca City not being an accomplice in some way in not only the abuse...but the murders. Men with such histories often include other pedophiles. I think both need to be investigated thoroughly.

I agree with Flossie. I don't believe the murders of Taylor and Skyla will have anything to do with the pastor.

I think it is something that LE has to rule out. There is always a possibility the girls witnessed something someone felt they should not have...which OSBI thought early on.

The close proximity of the camp is one reason to suspect the pastor and the alleged sexual abuse is certainly another when you add the age of his victims. This would put the girls within his reach and also in his target zone.

With tire treads so well preserved, that should narrow down as to what type of vehicle was there, what brand, and even to the individual vehicle if they got the 4 tire treads. One different tire and 3 same on one vehicle could narrow it down.

I think it is something that LE has to rule out. There is always a possibility the girls witnessed something someone felt they should not have...which OSBI thought early on.

The close proximity of the camp is one reason to suspect the pastor and the alleged sexual abuse is certainly another when you add the age of his victims. This would put the girls within his reach and also in his target zone.
I agree with SS 100%.This is something LE will need to rule out.SS has brought up several valid points to consider.

Does the OSBI have a website where one can submit a tip or suggestion?

Do you know if the girls were molested? If not then I am thinking they witnessed something that someone didn't want them to. The thing is people don't usually just shoot little girls unless they have some sort of sick motive. If the girls stumbled on to something... I hope whoever did this is found.

They have not released the information if they were sexually assaulted, but I don't believe they were since their initial investigation did not indicate they were going after registered sex offenders etc. nor did they make reference to a sex crime. I think we would know by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member