George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appeared that Caylee loved play jewelry. Why not put some of her favorites in the casket with her? Come on, folks. We criticize them for not being thoughtful and then when they try - we blast them.

So is a suicide attempt NOT a suicide attempt if you get there in time?

1) their lawyer thanks LE for "saving George's Life".
2) 7 cop cars and a helicopter were dispatched to the Anthony home
3) Empty pill bottles and beer bottles were found in his motel room
4) In the contents of the note George admitted taking pills.
All of these facts are in the news.

UMMM.. no where does it say that the pill bottles were EMPTY and no where does it give the true contents of the note....

AND... the point was that anyone who believes that they are "FACTS" because they were in the news... is being easily deceived on many fronts.

The fact that he walked calmly to the door to let the officers in, spoke with them calmly and then walked on his own power to get into the car PROVES he was not in any medical danger of any kind. If he was, they would have transported him by ambulance immediately rather than talking with him to convince him to go willingly to the hospital.

It boils down to believing what is shown on the videos as opposed to what was implied... the old "don't believe everything you hear" adage.

When all is said and done, the truth is, I can't even imagine emotionally dealing with all that has this family has had to endure. I don't even know how I could come to terms with my baby girl murdering her own child, one whom I had pretty much raised as my own. I can't even pretend to know what they all must be going through. As frustrated as I have been with the Anthony's for various reasons, I can't help but feel compassion for them and be thankful that my family is relatively normal and healthy.

I could be WAY off base here, but why do I have this nagging feeling that this whole thing was contrived by George as a last ditch attempt to get KC to break?
respectfully snipped

you're not the only one. Only I go one more step, and place CA firmly in the driver's seat for this one. She will do anything to get Casey out. And George will do anything for CA. As has been proven. Just MOO though, as always.

I think that LE has been letting out enough information to try and make someone break. Things have been closing in on that family since the day Caylee was found.

Friday LE visited them. This week information came out that seemed to cast doubt on what GA said about what Caylee was wearing the last time she was seen.

Suicide is the ultimate self-centered act. It further victimizes family members. People who get so desperate do crazy things. His texting of people and reaching out indicates that he wanted "HELP", not that he was intending going through with it.

As an adult he has a right to request no visitors. I think that he needs some breathing space and I hope he continues to get it.

I know that lots of folks here think GA is the only "sane" one is the family. I have seen and read a lot that makes me tend to disagree.

His poor impulse control, his not working and relying on CA to support the family, just to mention a couple of things.

Why do we always look at the woman in one of these cases as being the one who drove him to it? Maybe we need to start in the year 2009 understanding that a lot of men drive women to look and act crazy.

JMO:)

I agree with many of your points.

I do not condone the way the family has handled things, but only Casey took Caylee's life.

The loss of their Granddaughter and the loss of their daughter as they knew her to be must be unbearable for this family. They loved Caylee and it was probably their only real sunshine in this dysfunctional family.
They also love their daughter. Their flesh and blood daughter Casey is a sociopath. Can anyone really imagine wrapping their mind around the beautiful baby you raised taking her own child's life? I seen Casey referred to as many things, but she was once their baby.

Some of you have experienced maybe one tiny aspect of similarity to this family but NOBODY has experienced exactly what this family has gone through. It is abundantly clear that there is extreme dysfunction in the Anthony family. Many families are dysfunctional though. Casey and Casey only is the one that killed Caylee though.

Cindy did not make George attempt suicide. It is not Cindy's fault that Casey killed Caylee. I've seen suggestions here otherwise. No credible pyschological workup has been done on Cindy that I have seen here, and in no way do I believe that Cindy is a sociopath as she has been called. I see they both have psychological issues independent of each other.

Cindy & George have made a TON of mistakes, but the contempt and hatred towards them is something I am having a hard time understanding.

Nobody here knows exactly how they would have handled any of this, because nobody has lived their lives.

Their lives have been shattered forever, and poor sweet Caylee will be missed by so many including their Grandparents that loved her deeply. JMO

I agree. They would not be able to uncurl me from my fetal position.

Who was the jewelry for? Cindy? George? Caylee? I don't understand.

I just can't believe that that the jewelry would literally be placed on what is left of the body. I can believe that jewelry would be placed in the casket.

I'm also having a hard time understanding that IF he was so suicidal and HAD 'empty pill bottles' (if this is even true) then WHY would he not be taken by ambulance to monitor his vitals etc?? Instead he is casually loaded into the car of the police chief? Makes zero sense to me. I don't think they would go on George's word that the pill bottles that were empty only contained tic tacs and that's he just a little tipsy from a few beers. Wouldn't that be a little risky to not have him evaluated on site? Again, he may have been eval'd at the motel and/or this empty pill bottle scenario is bunk. Either way I still can't grasp why he was taken by police in lieu of an ambulance. :waitasec:

I do agree. When something happened in my family similar there was 2 ambulances and each person was alert but still was taken to ER where they spent night in ICU being closely monitored and also given charcoal and narcan to reverse the pills. Both were up and talking and moving about still, neither was passed out.
Also on cop shows they call ambulance to check them out because of something happened they would be responsible since not getting proper aid.

Did the cops take him to ER maybe?

I am speculating, I have nothing to support what I am about to say but I believe that George is suffering from depression. Acute depression. I do not believe that this was some scheme to manipulate the situation.

George has lost everything. He lost Caylee, he was her Jo-Jo. She was probably the light of his life. I do not for one minute doubt that his love for her was absolute.

George, more than likely, was thinking of suicide. Can we imagine what it must be like to wake up every morning to not only the reality that your precious granddaughter has been murdered, but that she was murdered by your own daughter? What amount of guilt can he hold within his heart? I think that if he lives through this to die of a natural death in old age that there will never be a day that he doesn't pause and think to himself "My Caylee".

If he wants to still love his daughter KC, I see no problem with it. She is still his child. I can't expect him to live according to my values and morals. I can only pray that I am not faced with a situation such as this, because I know myself well enough to know that I would not handle it with grace and probably not even dignity.

George is 57 yrs old by media reports. He has come to the time in his life when he can see the edges of the canvas of life clearly. All has been for naught. His hopes for the future and his dreams have been dashed never to be resurrected. Time has run out.

So yes I am thinking of him today, and I am glad he didn't complete his suicide attempt. I hope he never proves to me how sorrowful and the measure of regret he has by ending his life so that he can go make sure that His Caylee is in the arms of God.

Everything I typed above is just my opinion, I understand may hold one that differs. I just wanted to share.

Um the jewelry could be a piece for the entire family to wear in remembrance of Caylee, such as a locket with her photo in it. Lets cut them some slack - I doubt CA was asking him to go pick out some pearls for her to wear.sheesh

I think George NEEDS alot of breathing space.......do you not remember the hundreds of videos of CA ranting & saying nothing?? unnecessary details, on & on, I don't know how he's managed this far. He's been so emasculated, not only by her but by her mimicking daughter!!.. she makes my head hurt just watching her, & I've felt this way from the very beginning. HE is guilty of maybe not having a thick skin, but has more heart & sensitivity than anyone that I've observed in that family.

Your statement of always looking at the woman is a sweeping generalization, & if we focus on just this particular family, based on all observations, CA would try the patience of a Saint!

His not working & relying on CA, reminds me of Munchausen syndrome, brought on by HER neediness, & I truly believe, because of her, he is Lost!

I have always believed George wanted to do the right thing, the decent thing!....he's just not allowed to living in that atmosphere.

IMHO!!
I so wholeheartedly agree with you, reeseeva.:blowkiss:
For a very long time now, I have seen George Anthony in this way, but was unable to put it into words so eloquently as you've done.
My heart just breaks for this hurting, grieving man. He seems to have a good heart, and when I've seen him talk, when he is " allowed to", I see a broken spirit, a broken man.
I'm with you here, I don't know how George has made it this far! I can't even begin to imagine living as he has, being lied to by the women in his life, being kept in the dark by them both, being humiliated and belittled by casey, Lee and Cindy. I think he has wanted truth and the real story through all of this but has been told to shut up and stay in his place. Who wouldn't be distraught and depressed and ready to leave this world!

The poor man needs peace and a will to continue living. I hope he can get help.

UMMM.. no where does it say that the pill bottles were EMPTY and no where does it give the true contents of the note....

AND... the point was that anyone who believes that they are "FACTS" because they were in the news... is being easily deceived on many fronts.

The fact that he walked calmly to the door to let the officers in, spoke with them calmly and then walked on his own power to get into the car PROVES he was not in any medical danger of any kind. If he was, they would have transported him by ambulance immediately rather than talking with him to convince him to go willingly to the hospital.

It boils down to believing what is shown on the videos as opposed to what was implied... the old "don't believe everything you hear" adage.
Okay, here's the article again, which I have no reason to believe is not a reputable source: There were, however, two empty pill bottles with no labels on them in the in the trash can, Chitwood said.

<snipped by me>

There was also a note, police said. But the letter Anthony wrote while he was in Room 106 at the Hawaii Motel on South Ridgewood Avenue, did not indicate clearly whether the grandfather of slain toddler Caylee Anthony wanted to end it all, sources who saw the note said.
In the first few lines of the missive, Anthony bemoans the death of the 2-year-old whose remains were found last month in a wooded area near the Anthony's Orlando residence. He also mentioned that he would have liked to take his granddaughter to school and shoot hoops with her, sources said.
Saying he could no longer take the pressure, Anthony also said he hoped to someday be in heaven with Caylee, sources said.
But then in the second paragraph, Anthony abandons all talk of dying, and Caylee. Instead he went on to praise his son Lee, his son's girlfriend and how beautiful she is, his wife, Cindy Anthony, and Caylee's mother, Casey, who is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death, and is in custody at the Orange County jail.
George Anthony said his 22-year-old daughter was a beautiful, smart and a strong woman.
Near the end of the letter, Anthony also wrote that he had taken several pills and was not making much sense, sources said.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/newsjournalonline/breakingnews/george012309.htm

Jewelry for whom? :waitasec::confused:Cindy? You wouldn't be putting jewelry on a skeleton I don't think (Sorry to be so graphic)

Don't jump to conclusions. They may very well have been having major marital problems as we know they were even before this. She may simply have asked him if she should wear her wedding ring or not and this threw him over the edge.

where was this said? all I heard is that he described KC as smart and strong but not that she was innocent.

I will say it again and I already posted this up-thread ... I watched the LIVE WESH news at noon on their website. The lady reporting in front of the hospital stated it. That's all I can tell you until they post it (if they do) on the website. Now whether it's true or not I do not have a clue but she did say it.
I was repeating what I heard which is a big mistake around here unless you can back it up ... I can not back up a LIVE report with a link because it was LIVE.

Even if GA said that he believes KC did not harm her daughter (as stated by other news stations and posted in this thread) it would basically be the same thing. He would believe KC is innocent ... why else blame her friends??

This case has turned into a 3-Ring circus and is full of rumors etc. Everyone jumps the gun and points fingers at each other and I am noticing today that is happening here on WS ... hence the reason JBean has posted several warnings in this thread.

Poor George, I hope if he knows something he has not come forward with he is now realizing that the burden of living with Caylee's death is a heavy enough one to carry for the rest of your life; but the burden of her death coupled with the fact that you withheld information that could help in the investigation of her death & ultimately the capture of her killer would be way too heavy for anyone to live with. This could be a blessing in disguise as far as the investigation goes, maybe George is holding some secrets that will blow this case out of the water.

Its a shame that one single person can cause so much trauma to their entire family and deal with it by going to the commissary & buying more junk food:furious: Why am I surprised:waitasec:, if you can kill your baby in cold blood watching your parents & brother slowly deteriorate would be a piece of cake:mad:

sigh is he really still protecting Casey? bumer.

I so wholeheartedly agree with you, reeseeva.:blowkiss:
For a very long time now, I have seen George Anthony in this way, but was unable to put it into words so eloquently as you've done.
My heart just breaks for this hurting, grieving man. He seems to have a good heart, and when I've seen him talk, when he is " allowed to", I see a broken spirit, a broken man.
I'm with you here, I don't know how George has made it this far! I can't even begin to imagine living as he has, being lied to by the women in his life, being kept in the dark by them both, being humiliated and belittled by casey, Lee and Cindy. I think he has wanted truth and the real story through all of this but has been told to shut up and stay in his place. Who wouldn't be distraught and depressed and ready to leave this world!

The poor man needs peace and a will to continue living. I hope he can get help.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree.

Jewelry for whom? :waitasec::confused:Cindy? You wouldn't be putting jewelry on a skeleton I don't think (Sorry to be so graphic)

That was my first thought when i read her quote. That was the whole reason i said WTF? Ugh.

Um the jewelry could be a piece for the entire family to wear in remembrance of Caylee, such as a locket with her photo in it. Lets cut them some slack - I doubt CA was asking him to go pick out some pearls for her to wear.sheesh

Bless you.... my first thought was for some type of a memory box display of things that Caylee loved, or things of hers that maybe they wanted to hold onto for that day. It would be so wonderful to be able to read just ONE thread where NO HATEFUL comments were made about ANY member of this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member