George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everly

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread on this but if there is, roll this on over.

We don't know if the alledged five page "suicide" letter will be released or not but this is what I see available so far:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/EastVolusia/evlHEAD04EAST012409.htm

The note, however, was confusing and didn't exactly indicate George Anthony wanted to end his life, sources said. The note was not released Friday by Orange County investigators.

In the first few lines of the missive, Anthony bemoans the death of the 2-year-old whose remains were found last month in a wooded area near the Anthonys' home. He also mentioned he would have liked to take his granddaughter to school and shoot hoops with her, sources said.

Saying he could no longer take the pressure, Anthony also said he hoped to someday be in heaven with Caylee, sources said.

But then in the second paragraph, George Anthony focused on his son, Lee, his son's girlfriend and how beautiful she is, his wife, Cindy Anthony, and Caylee's mother, Casey, who is in custody at the Orange County jail.

George Anthony said his 22-year-old daughter is beautiful, smart and a strong woman.

Near the end of the letter, George Anthony also wrote he had taken several pills and was not making much sense, sources said.

channel 9 also reported that they will tell us about the text messages. Wow.

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.

Attempting suicide is a crime. As such the documents become public record. That's how it works in my county any way.

And if everything was kept private, then why is there even a WS to begin with? Isn't that why we're all here? To speculate and discuss every aspect of a crime.

As I was drifting in and out of sleep last night, I heard the guy who drove GA to the hospital say (on either NG or JVM last night) that George had definitely said his goodbyes.

As nibby as I am, and would like to read the it, I don't think that GA's suicide note should be released to the public, unless it had something in it that says that he knows something or relays that he feels that KC did kill Caylee, making it case-related.

If only we could push back the hands of time . . .

http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html#-

Sources told Eyewitness News, in the letter, George mentioned that he wanted to go to heaven; he only mentioned Casey Anthony a few times and said she was a strong determined person.

Sources said George focused the letter mainly on Caylee, Cindy, Lee and Lee's girlfriend, Mallory; he told Cindy he was a failure as a husband and a father and went on to say Lee was a great son and he was proud of the man he had become.

Sources said there were no clues into Caylee's death mentioned in the letter.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18546075/detail.html

Investigators said the eight-page note indicated George Anthony was at the end of his rope, and that once he was gone, his family would have a better life. He wrote about how strong his daughter, Casey Anthony, is and said he doesn't believe she hurt her daughter, Caylee.

However, he did make dark, veiled references to his daughter's friends.

George Anthony also wrote in the letter that his wife, Cindy, could do better than him. He also wrote about his son, Lee Anthony.

Attempting suicide is a crime. As such the documents become public record. That's how it works in my county any way.

And if everything was kept private, then why is there even a WS to begin with? Isn't that why we're all here? To speculate and discuss every aspect of a crime.

my bold.

Touche.

I just feel one's personal breakdown should not have to be public, a la britney spears....

if the note had admitted some kind of guilt in caylee's death I could understand, but it isn't and should be considered personal. one more crappy situation they can all thank KC for.

I am interested in the "dark veiled references" to Casey's friends. I hear a bus coming down the road.

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.
i agree geez this is going way too far if they publish those letters .. now those arnt related to the case since they allegedly have no info about it .so how would the press have any right what so ever to publish those .. ?

well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

I agree. George's letters and text messages should not be available for public consumption. They have nothing to do with Caylee's murder. Even if he did confess knowledge, that should only be brought up in trial, if allowed in at all. IMO, this crosses the line.

well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

The freedom was taken away when he committed the crime of attempting suicide. Not to mention all the things he has done and said to LE about Caylee's disappearance and murder.

When you commit a crime your freedoms are taken away. That is the justice system in this great country.

Whether we like it or not, details about the letter are and probably will continue to come out. They are in the news. I think we are allowed to discuss the news within the TOS.

I am interested in the "dark veiled references" to Casey's friends. I hear a bus coming down the road.

I hope for GA's sake and freedom the hospital found large amounts of whatever drug he says he took in his blood stream. If not...?????

I honestly cannot believe this is even being discussed.
He deserves some privacy imo at this time.

I've seen the reports of GA writing that he believes his daughter is innocent but is that what he really wrote? I saw another reporter who said that the note said GA didn't believe his daughter killed Caylee. This is very different than saying he believes she is innocent.

This latter statement could be taken a couple of ways. Maybe "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee" could mean "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee!!!" In other words, he knows it but he just can't believe it. An admission that he clearly sees KC's guilt but finds it an unbelievable realization.

Either way, I am firmly in the camp that the content of his note should not be released to the public and should only be used at trial if it can shed some light on what truly happened to little Caylee.

George most likely wrote the note KNOWING it would be published. Otherwise why would he make references to Casey and the veiled references to her friends?

He wrote it to be READ, imo. We don't know to whom it was addressed but as I said, considering how everything else in this case has been revealed, and George was well aware of that, he knew that his letter would be revealed to the public.

The freedom was taken away when he committed the crime of attempting suicide. Not to mention all the things he has done and said to LE about Caylee's disappearance and murder.

When you commit a crime your freedoms are taken away. That is the justice system in this great country.
i understand exactly what you are saying .. however i think it is morally wrong to air such a personal thing.. and people do have rights to privacy even when a crime has been committed .. what is public on the police record is fine but the police arnt going to publish the letter ..so how would anyone get thier hands on it ? this is what im saying that letter isnt public record

A parent may place blame on friends in the sense that they led their own child down a path of partying, staying out late, being irresponsible, etc. KWIM?

Maybe it's as simple as he feels they were a bad influence on his daughter or maybe he feels they are partly to blame by not speaking up about things they may have seen or heard.

Some parents do this all the time when it comes to their child, i.e., Johnny never would have started using drugs if he hadn't started hanging around Billy!! Therefore, it's all Billy's fault.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member