Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

I thought about that too. But because perhaps I am more suspicious than most...I would like to post what I am thinking (have been for some time) but can't as I only have suposition and not actual proof.

Please post your thoughts.

It really doesn't matter who put the bracelet in the clothing. JB is the person who delivered them to the jail. He is the one to be held accountable. He should have checked it out. If somebody else did it then maybe he will learn a lesson.

I think the jail ought to fax a set of "Jail House" rules to JB. In the future check him each and every time he visits KC. Can't anybody stop this madness???????????

Lets say some thanks that it wasn't a solid gold bracelet or we would be all over the money trail! I'm ready to see some dancing JB's pretty soon on Leno!

LMBO
:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I still am not excited about it. I am more excited about the fact that this is actually a news story. because if his MO was to get it in the news then he is not so dumb after all.By publishing it and talking about it the public is apparently doing just what he had hoped. LOL.

I think the fact that it is a rubber bracelet and not a gun is the difference between a newsworthy story and not.

as always jmho.

I think you are right about the part I bolded.

Maybe even the motion for Casey *not to appear* wasn't dumb.

Casey and her NEW LOOK really got noticed. Beth K. said Casey looked really young,another media outlet's body language expert said "Casey sighed and seemed more serious" AND it is all over the news that Casey's lawyer tried to smuggle in a "Caylee bracelet".

You'd think after years of televised trials and defendants wearing crosses and carrying Bibles at least the talking heads would "get" the ploy.

MOO

I would think his actions today regarding the bracelet would be against the law.

KC certainly seemed to have forgotten all about her motherly feelings when she grinned over giving JB a pen during discussion in the court about her murdered baby's remains.

.... or, they knew it would be found, get out to the media and be a big story.

Had KC received the bracelet and wore it, it'd be hard to see given her outfit never mind read and probably would have been confiscated when they applied cuffs.

I think this was another JB PR ploy since it received more exposure in this way and everyone knows KC was to get a Caylee remembrance trinket now.

I agree.

I also think the outfit was chosen from her own closet, it was part of her "Work Clothes Collection".

I barely comment, I am a lurker but tonight I felt like asking something because I am too tired to scroll through the pages. Was the Caylee bracelet one of the "Caylee Sunshine" bracelets?

I think you are right about the part I bolded.

Maybe even the motion for Casey *not to appear* wasn't dumb.

Casey and her NEW LOOK really got noticed. Beth K. said Casey looked really young,another media outlet's body language expert said "Casey sighed and seemed more serious" AND it is all over the news that Casey's lawyer tried to smuggle in a "Caylee bracelet".

You'd think after years of televised trials and defendants wearing crosses and carrying Bibles at least the talking heads would "get" the ploy.

MOO
As you say,dressing appropriately and getting out of the inmate clothes is standard defense 101. It's nothing new and most defense attorneys do not want their clients playing the part by dressing like a convict.
The TH's just sensationlize everything with this case and it gets tiresome imo.
Mainly, it gets frustrating because it gets hard to separate out the truly meaningful developments.

For the Court and the State it's a conundrum - No one wants grounds for an appeal so JB files to let his experts be at crime scene while LE is there, motion denied - LE was finished and turned it over to him and he refused to go there with his experts - now he files this motion crying that the owner won't let him on the property and how it's so important for KC's Defense and the Case and the Judge grants his motion - has to.....even after all that I think JB and LKB will use this at trial...didn't get to see crime scene with LE and by the time they got to see it, it hadn't been secure for weeks and blah blah blah and no one really knows what was there or over looked blah blah blah -- IMO this was not a mistake by JB (not to go to crime scene when LE released it to him. It was a part of a big plan for defense so.............So anyway JB gets away with a lot because no one wants grounds for an appeal
MOO

EXACTLY...people are bending over backwards for this underdog lawyer and rewarding his *dumbness*.

I remember another trial everybody said would be a slam-dunk because of the mountain of evidence. That judge also went out of his way "to be fair" so there wouldn't be an appeal.

After hearing Baez talk about "his girl" and old-time justice crusaders like Mark F. and Geraldo go soft for the "sweet-young" thing, I don't think an all-male jury would be good. MF and Geraldo went after OJ, Skakel and Drew Peterson like bears after honey. There is no way they would give a man with the same evidence against him all that gooshiness.

JMO

I still am not excited about it. I am more excited about the fact that this is actually a news story. because if his MO was to get it in the news then he is not so dumb after all.By publishing it and talking about it the public is apparently doing just what he had hoped. LOL.

I think the fact that it is a rubber bracelet and not a gun is the difference between a newsworthy story and not.

as always jmho.

Sorry to disagree with you boss lady, but if you rob somebody with a TOY gun you can be convicted of armed robbery because you used the item as a weapon. Now it may have just been a rubber bracelet but it was still not allowed as it is considered contriband and he should have known that or why would it have been hidden in a sock? They say "Great minds think alike" but maybe not always...LOL:blowkiss:

I would think his actions today regarding the bracelet would be against the law.

I want to know this too!!

It is all over the media, did he WANT this found out????

There should be a "No tolerance policy" for sneaking things to an inmate, I don't give a dam* if it was a braclet or a pack of Skittles, smuggling items to inmates is NOT allowed.

Please, one of our legal eagles, tell us that JB will be in trouble for this, please!

I was just pondering over something.. could this be the jewelry that was being discussed by the As when GA left home? When I read that I was wondering why her poor little bones would need jewelry.

Baez Tries To Sneak Bracelet To Jailed Casey

Friday, January 30, 2009 – updated: 5:24 pm EST January 30, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News learned Casey Anthony may have been slipped some contraband in the suit she wore to court for Friday's hearing. Jail officials told Eyewitness News they discovered a "Caylee" bracelet stashed in the clothes Jose Baez dropped off this week.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18606881/detail.html

I bet JB wanted KC to wear the bracelet to the hearing, knowing the press would be taking pictures. He was trying to make it appear that she was a grieving mother. :eek:

I do appreciate the way the other attorneys really call him out for how he improperly files items and such which is not lawfully sufficient. All of these motions from him that really don't ever net anything. Is it me or were they sitting really close? JB and KC were much closer than KC and her other atty.

Off subject but I wanted to confess... Ms. Belich lives in my neighborhood. (the reporter from WFTV)

OMG, I heart Kathi B., she has some big acorns, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

My favorite Kathi B quote was when she asked casey, "Why are you strutting?"

KC certainly seemed to have forgotten all about her motherly feelings when she grinned over giving JB a pen during discussion in the court about her murdered baby's remains.

BeanE, this was hardest for me to swallow. I don't understand how even the word "remains" doesn't faze her in the least bit. I think her body language is going to way heavy on any jury. She may need to go visit with S.Osborne..lol before trial.

Agreed, no wonder JB tried to keep her out of the hearing- she's uncontrollable

BeanE, this was hardest for me to swallow. I don't understand how even the word "remains" doesn't faze her in the least bit. I think her body language is going to way heavy on any jury. She may need to go visit with S.Osborne..lol before trial.

she needs a Book for Sociopathic Dummies, How to Act Like You Give a Damn That Your Child Was Murdered.:furious:

Maybe JB was just "practicing" for better things to hide in her socks next time..JMO.

No, of course I don't know. That's why I said, "I'm not sure." The bracelet was not found in a pocket, it was found in a sock. Reports say that Baez is the one who put it there.

Does anyone know where those clothes came from? brand new, from casey's closet, etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back