Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
the medical expert on HLN just stated that implanting 8 embryos is malpractice. No question. The standard of care in the US and most of Europe is to implant ONE or possibly 2 embryos at a time.

Ethical fertility doctors would NOT. However there is always that sleaze ball that doesn;t care where he gets his money as long as the patient pays. Thsi doctor would have had to know she already had 7 kids as he would have to see her medical file before doing IVF or any fertility drugs. So either she is from Iran or a foreign country (saying Iran if that is where the father has to return to for work) and that is why the doctor did not know that she had any othr kids as she did not give him her medical records before hand, or he knew and did not care. Now a thought just occurred to me. I sure hope that this is not a family from Iran that came over here to have all these babies and their HUGE house is in Iran. That being the reason no one will ever find them. Sounds very hinky to me. Wonder if they are of political power and of Iran? If so then why did they come here to have these babies? Medical care not avialable over there?
Oh, my God! That sounds so crazy!

It is not up to a doctor (or the government) to decide how many babies a woman can have; however, it IS up to a doctor to decide on appropriate medical treatment and care, which may limit how many babies a woman has AT ONE TIME.

It is in no way in the best interest of mother or babies for 8 to be carried and born at once, the proof being that this is only the second time in known history that all 8 have survived more than an hour or so. Never has it been known for a woman to have 8 babies without medical intervention.

If a woman wanted to endanger her children or herself with another kind of drug, would a doctor be obligated to let her b/c this isn't China and we are a free country? Of course not. There are still ethical guidelines and laws. This woman DID endanger herself and her children. The fact that they are all alive is nothing short of a miracle. Take the financial aspect out of the equation, and there is still bound to be an investigation for malpractice by the medical board.

But, if you really want to know my suspicion...it is that she stole, borrowed, or illegally bought fertility drugs and was dosing herself. Just my prediction. I could be WAY off.
I like your post!

Single mother with six kids, living with her parents didn't need one more child let alone eight. It seems selfish to have more children when you can't provide for the ones you already have.

Okay. So apparently it's the *grandfather* who is working in Iraq and not the paternal Father of these children. Interesting.

What is wrong with this picture??? I could give a poop concerning the bankruptcy, but what MD would provide such a procedure with the history that exists for this woman's family dynamics? This just does not make ethical, financial, or moral sense. I cannot help, but chalk this up to a "WTH"!

Geez, please do not tell me someone took advantage of a situation at the cost of babes. If that is the case, I feel very, very ill.... I hope someone, somewhere, takes this up and investigates this case. It hurts so many going through this infertility work.

It is not up to a doctor (or the government) to decide how many babies a woman can have; however, it IS up to a doctor to decide on appropriate medical treatment and care, which may limit how many babies a woman has AT ONE TIME.

It is in no way in the best interest of mother or babies for 8 to be carried and born at once, the proof being that this is only the second time in known history that all 8 have survived more than an hour or so. Never has it been known for a woman to have 8 babies without medical intervention.

If a woman wanted to endanger her children or herself with another kind of drug, would a doctor be obligated to let her b/c this isn't China and we are a free country? Of course not. There are still ethical guidelines and laws. This woman DID endanger herself and her children. The fact that they are all alive is nothing short of a miracle. Take the financial aspect out of the equation, and there is still bound to be an investigation for malpractice by the medical board.

But, if you really want to know my suspicion...it is that she stole, borrowed, or illegally bought fertility drugs and was dosing herself. Just my prediction. I could be WAY off.

My suspicions are the same as yours:

"Britain's Sun newspaper reported that the mother works in a fertility clinic."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485924,00.html

My suspicions are the same as yours:

"Britain's Sun newspaper reported that the mother works in a fertility clinic."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485924,00.html

Very interesting! The expert on HLN I referenced above was asked why a doctor would implant 8 embryos.

He said something like, "I don't think it's a case of implanting 8..."

Then he interrupted himself and said something like, "But to answer your question..." and then went on to say what I wrote before about it being malpractice.

I got the impression that he knows or suspects the same as me (and you) but may not have the confirmation to report it yet.

Yes, it would seem the only evidence we have of embryo transfer is the grandmother's word.
Sounds to me like the mother dosed herself with fertility drugs and got more than she bargained for.

Huh. The plot thickens.
I heard a report saying she was a psychologist. They also surmised that she could have gone to Mexico for ivf. I wonder where the father is.

She showed up 3 months pregnant already to the Dr. who delivered the babies. Something is definately hinky here. I just pray the babies (including her first 6) are taken care of & happy...

our news was reporting she was a "professional student"

I've seen that site before but I don't know if it's a valid news org or not. I don't doubt that the name they list as the mothers name is correct. If the Mother is unmarried then her name would more than likely be her maiden name correct? The surname that this website uses for the Mother is the same surname identified with the maternal grandmother. Did that make sense? I am trying to be very cautious with the way I word things :D

Several blogs are using the same name as the Mother of the 8.

Someone did a records search and came up with her name. They took the Mothers name that was given in the article and did a search to come up with Husband and Daughter.

ETA: I bet in less than 24 hours it's all over the internet.

The last name I have begins with a G. I'm not sure if I'm able to give the full last name

I can see what you see nanny1 and lucky181. I think the sun article is probably accurate. I'm confused as to the use of the G part of the surname. The only time I have seen the G surname is in connection with Latino families. I could be mistaken though. Perhaps it is the woman's married name?

ETA: Was a married name, not married at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge