OK OK - Althedia Vaught, 41, Tulsa, 19 Jan 2009

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Althedia Vernon Vaught
41 years old
5'7"
150 lbs.

Missing: 1-19-2009 from 3623 S. New Haven, Tulsa, OK.

Tulsa Police need your help tracking down a missing and endangered woman.

41-year-old Althedia Vernon Vaught was last seen at 11:30pm when she left her house at 3623 S. New Haven Ave. on Monday, January 19th. She was reported missing the next night.

Vaught is described as a black woman. She is 5'7" and weighs about 150 lbs.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story/Police-looking-for-missing-person/ddXLdkgtZk-Ht2U1wlg_xA.cspx

Police have released surveillance pictures they hope will lead to information in the case of a missing woman. Althedia Vaught left her home Jan. 19 wearing only her pajamas. She has not been seen or heard from since that day.

On Jan. 24, Vaught's 1995 Infinity J30 with a tag number 804 ZPN - was located in the Hillcrest Hospital parking lot. The vehicle was abandoned, and there was no sign of Vaught.

~snip~

Additional footage shows a white, 2003 Chevy extended-cab truck. The truck had a distinct insignia on both doors.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/stor...for-missing-woman/YV_eOdnCnkyNP8vhTAb2gg.cspx <<<Photo of truck and Althedia.

Please look closely at the insignia on the door of the truck and see if we can figure it out! I would have to assume it is a company logo.

Althedia became a grandmother while she has been missing. Her daughter is heartbroken. We need to bring her home. :(

Her daughter was on the local station last night pleading for help and her return. She said someone must have called her. I agree. She went in her pajamas, left her tv and heater on. Her car ended up in the parking garage of the hospital (cannot confirm she was driving tho). However, they mentioned her car was seen near North 51st and Cincinnati which means it would have been before they parked in the garage. It sounds to me like she was set up.

Did she get a call to take someone to the hospital? LE should be able to track who called. Cell phone pings should provide additional information.

We need to figure out the logo on the truck!

Why is this case just becoming public now?? Sure would have helped if LE and the media had gotten her picture out there and asked for tips and leads sooner.

It was just a blip on the local news and I missed it. They don't put out much here on missing people. (They have a horrible track record.)

Finally! She gets some real front page coverage!:

About five minutes before midnight, a white pickup truck pulls in, with a company logo on the side that includes several triangles.

Thirty-five minutes later, her vehicle pulls into the parking lot. They can't tell yet who was driving it.

"The Chevrolet pickup truck was not identified as a Hillcrest security vehicle," Detective Marcus Harper said. "So unless it was visiting the hospital, it probably shouldn't have been in that parking lot that time of night."

A baby boy is the other reason Althedia's family believes something terrible has happened to her. Teanna and her two brothers don't believe she would have missed Teanna giving birth.

"I cry every night, knowing my mom is not here to see my baby," Teanna said. "I wish somebody would say something."

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=9798630

Is there a better picture of the logo on the truck than this one?
Original.jpg

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/stor...for-missing-woman/YV_eOdnCnkyNP8vhTAb2gg.cspx

Here's the Tulsa City Council logo (picture it blurred and at an angle)
brand.gif

About five minutes before midnight, a white pickup truck pulls in, with a company logo on the side that includes several triangles.

LE must have a better image of the truck if they could make out triangles in the logo or on the vehicle. This may be a clue to the name:
Triangle Tulsa - copying/blueprint co
Triangle Express Tulsa - local shipping/trucking
Triangle - computer graphics/imaging
Triangle Tulsa -Financial and Management Consulting

I went out today and checked out several logos for myself up close and personal. One of the first I looked at were the City of Tulsa trucks. They all have gold on the top with the stars, but I did note there were some that the logo was in the same location (most were lower on the door and they were oblong.)

Trust me, this is the best shot TPD has of the logo. I know for a fact they take surveillance video to the tv station and literally take a photo to get the still shots. Lousy way to do it and I was horrified when I heard the Captain tell me this...but they don't have the equipment or expertise in the department.

I also found logos of St. John's Hospital on their trucks which is right down the street from Hillcrest where the car was found. It is a cross in an oblong, but it is also down lower on the doors with St. John's written beside it in larger lettering.

I drove around everywhere today scoping out white trucks with logos. I went through the yellow pages in the phone book which I will do again tomorrow. I thought maybe another healthcare type company (Oxygen, medical equipment, etc.) because she worked at a nursing facility. I was looking through everything A to Z: Construction, AC/HC Cos., etc.

SS - do you have anything you can share about Althedia - her job/husband/boyfriend/family etc. anything that could point to a motive in her abduction?

ETA: Might just be my eyes getting tired but looking at overhead image there appears to be a large white PU (possibly extended cab) in the driveway of the house next door to Althedia's. This really appears to be a deliberate abduction to me - not random - not opportunistic.

I went out today and checked out several logos for myself up close and personal. One of the first I looked at were the City of Tulsa trucks. They all have gold on the top with the stars, but I did note there were some that the logo was in the same location (most were lower on the door and they were oblong.)

Trust me, this is the best shot TPD has of the logo. I know for a fact they take surveillance video to the tv station and literally take a photo to get the still shots. Lousy way to do it and I was horrified when I heard the Captain tell me this...but they don't have the equipment or expertise in the department.

I also found logos of St. John's Hospital on their trucks which is right down the street from Hillcrest where the car was found. It is a cross in an oblong, but it is also down lower on the doors with St. John's written beside it in larger lettering.

I drove around everywhere today scoping out white trucks with logos. I went through the yellow pages in the phone book which I will do again tomorrow. I thought maybe another healthcare type company (Oxygen, medical equipment, etc.) because she worked at a nursing facility. I was looking through everything A to Z: Construction, AC/HC Cos., etc.

Way to go, SS!! I know you're on top of it!:blowkiss:

SS - do you have anything you can share about Althedia - her job/husband/boyfriend/family etc. anything that could point to a motive in her abduction?

ETA: Might just be my eyes getting tired but looking at overhead image there appears to be a large white PU (possibly extended cab) in the driveway of the house next door to Althedia's. This really appears to be a deliberate abduction to me - not random - not opportunistic.
I agree it was deliberate. My theory is that she met someone either at the nursing center where she works or the club. They know her well enough to call her out at time of night for assistance somehow, but not as in a romantic way or she would have "cleaned up" and dressed to meet them. It was supposed to be a fast trip so I am guessing a "ride" was the ploy.

I don't know her personally...only what I am hearing on the news. It is my understanding she is not married and enjoyed going out on the weekends to dance spots downtown.

I will try to swing by her house tomorrow and check it out. I drove by that area today and didn't have her address with me. (I saw a lot of white trucks around there tho.) It is a nice neighborhood.

I agree it was deliberate. My theory is that she met someone either at the nursing center where she works or the club. They know her well enough to call her out at time of night for assistance somehow, but not as in a romantic way or she would have "cleaned up" and dressed to meet them. It was supposed to be a fast trip so I am guessing a "ride" was the ploy.

I don't know her personally...only what I am hearing on the news. It is my understanding she is not married and enjoyed going out on the weekends to dance spots downtown.

I will try to swing by her house tomorrow and check it out. I drove by that area today and didn't have her address with me. (I saw a lot of white trucks around there tho.) It is a nice neighborhood.

I keep thinking maybe someone called her and told her one of her loved ones had been taken to the hospital, so she rushed over. I definitely agree she was lured away from home.

If that were the case, wouldn't she have shut off the tv and the heater knowing she would be gone for awhile? The pajamas are another thing that make me believe she had no intention of getting out of her car.

Could that be a white bird over a circle logo instead of a T?

Funny you should write that. I keep having a feeling I've seen that logo (and I lived in Tulsa for many years.) The one I'm thinking of has a hawk or an eagle from the front, with the wings horizontal instead of up at an angle like most government-logo birds. I'm frantically trying to look it up on Google images.

If that were the case, wouldn't she have shut off the tv and the heater knowing she would be gone for awhile? The pajamas are another thing that make me believe she had no intention of getting out of her car.

I wouldn't shut them off if I was running out to an emergency; actually, I don't shut them off if I'm leaving on a non-emergency. Good point about the pajamas, though.

What if someone knew about her pregnant daughter and use her as the lure? She would have jumped and ran for that without a second thought.

I need to figure out where she had the baby and when. Should be in the paper under births I would think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back