What didn't Casey count on?

I think reality and her half a$$ed mental projections of how things were going to go parted ways real quick.
Im sure she gave alot of thought to the nuances of her new 'beautiful life' but the nuts and bolts reality of disposing of Caylee whom she had already written off at some point I think she kind of winged it when it became "Ewwww...."
And having written her off in her own mind and being a truly self absorbed sociopath she couldnt concieve she would be that precious and important to so many other people.

I think Casey was very much like Scott Peterson in that she thought Caylee being missing would blow over very quickly. She didn't count on Caylee capturing the worlds heart, just like Laci did. I think this is because both Scott and Casey don't think or feel like normal people and therefore don't understand the love, grief and fierce desire for justice for Caylee that we all feel, and that many people felt for Laci.

You can just feel Casey thinking she has got away with it during the police interview that took place in that little roon at Universal. Near the end of the tape one of the police officers says something about his bum getting sore from the chairs they are sitting on, and then Casey kind of laughs and goes yeah me too, haha. You can tell she thinks they have now bonded and are all ok and they are going to leave her alone because once she reaches that stage with anyone else it all blows over and is forgotten about. As other posters have already said Casey didn't count on people not believing the lies that came pouring out of her mouth as her family had her whole life.
Listening to Casey on that tape scares the crap out of me.

Most everyone has said this one:

KC didn't count on people outside her family NOT buying her story and then actually checking on the details.

I think that's the big one. She didnt expect LE to do a single thing but pat her on the head and say poor KC. It must have been a dreadful wakeup for her.

the car being towed ....

Cindy knocking on Tonys door ....

I think Casey was very much like Scott Peterson in that she thought Caylee being missing would blow over very quickly. She didn't count on Caylee capturing the worlds heart, just like Laci did. I think this is because both Scott and Casey don't think or feel like normal people and therefore don't understand the love, grief and fierce desire for justice for Caylee that we all feel, and that many people felt for Laci.

You can just feel Casey thinking she has got away with it during the police interview that took place in that little roon at Universal. Near the end of the tape one of the police officers says something about his bum getting sore from the chairs they are sitting on, and then Casey kind of laughs and goes yeah me too, haha. You can tell she thinks they have now bonded and are all ok and they are going to leave her alone because once she reaches that stage with anyone else it all blows over and is forgotten about. As other posters have already said Casey didn't count on people not believing the lies that came pouring out of her mouth as her family had her whole life.
Listening to Casey on that tape scares the crap out of me.

I so agree with everything you've said. I don't think anyone ever questioned any of Casey's lies in her life- and if a few people did she just cut off the relationships. For god's sake- Casey is fairly petite- how the hell did she carry off being over seven months pregnant- in the summer, IN FLORIDA and was able to hide or gloss over it with her mother???? Nobody ever demanded the truth from her- EVER.

She would lie, change the subject, cry or deflect and the moment would pass.

What a shock when the authorities didn't do the same.

What a bigger shock when her friends and others looked at the big picture and realized she was not only a thief and a liar, but also a murderer.

I don't think she counted on Amy H. to press charges. NO ONE, not even her own grandparents held her feet to the fire when she stole money from them. Amy is my hero in this case--- without her, I believe Casey could have eeled out of some of this mess.

What a bigger shock when her friends and others looked at the big picture and realized she was not only a thief and a liar, but also a murderer.

Snipped.

Yes, and all of her friends called her out on being a habitual liar.

On that thought, she didn't expect LE to call her out on her lies, to take her to her "job". She didn't expect them to follow up on every last thing that she said to them, every statement was followed up and proven a lie.

She didn't count on her parents not being able to bail her out of jail.

She didn't count on MH not jumping at the chance to have her come to CA and would instantly send her a plane tickets

She didn't count on strangers sending money to put in her commissary account so she wouldn't have to eat bologna and cole slaw..

She didn't count on the commissary having yummy snacks, bottled water and cocoa butter.

Strawberry Kiwi Juice Boxes, Computer access, unmonitored phone conversations, Paiis Hilton Sunglasses, and jello shots.

Most everyone has said this one:

KC didn't count on people outside her family NOT buying her story and then actually checking on the details.

Yes. She was so use to the people around her buying the lies she told that the thought of someone checking out her story never crossed her mind.

I may be wrong but I don't think she planned a darn thing or counted on anything happening or not happening. One of the few things I agree with LP on is that Casey lives within the current 10 minutes. She tells whatever lie or performs whatever act will get her the result she wants for the current 10 minutes. No thought given to the fact that the outrageous lie she just told can be disproven easily and quickly, all she wants is to get out of the room and onto the next "fun" thing.

For example, saying she worked at Universal, going there, taking the lie to the limit, the very limit.

The current ten minutes and instant gratification are Casey's mode of operation, imo. Wanna party? Kid in the way? Oops, killed the kid. Go party.
Smell in the car? Ick. Get rid of smell. Go party.
Need new sexy undies? Steal from friend. Go party... in new undies.
Mom ranting about kid? Give me "one more day" mom. And she would have gone to party, no doubt.

She didn't count on Caylee being found. It was reported that she went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". How did she know it was Caylee?

She didn't count on her car being towed!!

She didn't count on Caylee being found. It was reported that she went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". How did she know it was Caylee?

She knew it was Caylee, because she put her there.

I'm not buying the part about her being so upset she asked for a sedative. I think KC was acting the part of a grieving parent or maybe she was upset, because with a body her chances of getting out are slim to none.

She certainly never counted on becoming one of the most hated people in America....

She didn't count on LE taking her to Universal, boy that put her on the spot , she had to admit she lied LOL

Casey didn't count on TonE not wanting a girl child

Hi. This is my first post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk