Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone is bringing this up. It's not up to us to decide who should be mentioned. If someone doesn't want to make a donation to the organizations that they mentioned, then don't. If they want to make a donation to someone they didn’t mention, then do.

Because the people who run KFN are criminals. There's a few threads around here you can search for that will get you up to speed on Kidfinders. :)

I, personally, am thoroughly pleased with the article or "eulogy". I don't think the father's name, or his parent's names, can be mentioned without positive proof - be it their permission or not. In other words, I could say Channing Tatum was my children's father, but wouldn't I need proof before it's listed in an article as such? Also, I don't see any fault with asking for donations "in lieu of flowers" to be sent to the church or Kid Finders. When my mother died, we asked "In lieu of flowers, please donate to the American Cancer Soceity In Honor Of CaroleLee V". When I die, I wish for donations to be made to "Big Brothers - Big Sisters Of America", instead of spending all of that money on flowers. While the thought is beautiful with sending flowers, donations to an organization that means something to you could help to benefit others in need. I just don't see how this could be such a big issue when alot of our population does this everyday...just take a glance at the obit pages. Some of them are actually very sweet. :blowkiss:

Please don't turn this thread personal by discussing what other posters can and cannot do.

Sorry JBean, I'll be leaving this thread soon as I can see where it's going and don't want to be a part of it. I didn't mean for it to come out that way, I was just trying to say that this is their family and that I think it's in poor taste to criticize the eulogy.

Because the people who run KFN are criminals. There's a few threads around here you can search for that will get you up to speed on Kidfinders. :)

Thanks for the info, but I have read all about them. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but it's up to them who they want the donations to go to. Like I said before, if someone doesn't want to donate to them they don't have to.

Do the parents and family of caylee's father want to be known? Isn't the parentage denied by the family that KC named? I truly cannot recall.
if that is the case, then it would be wholly inappropriate to name him in the obit.
Can someone remind me about that?

If I recall correctly, both Jesus O & Eric ? were nominated by Cindy???.....but I may be wrong...I didn't follow that thread much, too complicated!

I'm not so sure it would be wrong to not name the father even if his family denied it....if you really were confident he was the father. According to at least Casey (IIRC), he was on the way to celebrate her birthday when he died, so ifffff that was true, imo, it would be wrong not to acknowledge him if he played a role in her life.

I used to think that until I started researching. I think they're a non-profit now, aren't they? I forget if they are or not, so please help me out if you know. Anyway, if they are non-profit, then every bit of the funds they have coming in as well as going out would be a matter of public record.

Careful not to derail this thread. Feel free to bump that thread if available and have that discussion there------->

Thanks

Sorry JBean, I'll be leaving this thread soon as I can see where it's going and don't want to be a part of it. I didn't mean for it to come out that way, I was just trying to say that this is their family and that I think it's in poor taste to criticize the eulogy.

ditto

I thought it was beautiful and sweet. She will probably talk more at the Memorial Service - I'd imagine everyone will tell stories of cute things that Caylee did, and what they remembered her best for. I think the newspaper just got the name wrong - I don't think you'd publish a Eulogy, this was an obituary.

I just keep reminding myself how pure and innocent children are. I am sure in my heart that Caylee loved Cindy more than anything, and she will be so happy to her family and friends remembering her. I can't imagine planning a memorial service or writing a eulogy for a baby. And for that alone, I give Cindy credit.

This is a time for prayer. The trial is the appropriate time for criticism and scorn. But now, it still a family and Caylee is still their baby. JMO.

If I recall correctly, both Jesus O & Eric ? were nominated by Cindy???.....but I may be wrong...I didn't follow that thread much, too complicated!

I'm not so sure it would be wrong to not name the father even if his family denied it....if you really were confident he was the father. According to at least Casey (IIRC), he was on the way to celebrate her birthday when he died, so ifffff that was true, imo, it would be wrong not to acknowledge him if he played a role in her life.
Nominated LOL.
I think you have hit the nail on the head.."if you really were confident" I don't think anyone has reached that level.
I think it is just a matter of etiquette and poor taste to name someone when it is an ongoing controversy.

It's on the home page....Cindy is all tanned and posing in Caylee's room, with the Winnie the Pooh bedding very clear....when you click on cindy's pic, you get to the eulogy. I noticed the other one had the BC video. What a shame there were no pics of Caylee, but I guess those cost big $s these days or the OS people couldn't have been bothered to bring up a file photo? Hopefully they'll change the pics!

I don't believe it has anything to do with money. I searched Caylee images on the Sentinel site and bunches of them came up. They have them, they just chose to use the one of Cindy...perhaps because she wrote the eulogy and her name is mentioned in the headline.

I like those too, as well as the other lines that are in reference to and about her.
I agree that this is an odd title and article. seems like a classic Obit to me as opposed to a eulogy.
I suspect more will actually be said about her at the service by family and friends.

I also think Cindy did a good job of addressing an issue that bothers many of us, specifically who should and shouldn't be in attendance at the memorial. There is concern that this will just be another public spectacle and there will be those there just to gawk and gaze. by making a personal appeal for only those "with purest of hearts" to attend needed to be said and I am glad it was not done in an accusatory fashion.

Sadly, I think that even if not one troublemaker shows up, it will somehow still be a "public spectacle", but I pray I am wrong and that is the beautiful send off that Caylee deserves.

I'm a little disheartened by the wording in that too, and maybe it could've been put a different way. Yes, it's true Casey is the mother of Caylee, but considering she's the one who is accused of her murder, it seems out of place to have it written the way it was. Just my opinion. :)

even though the evidence all points to the mom KA who did this alfull thing to Caylee we live in a country where "innocent until proven guilty" is law and though alot dont like to believe that its true and KA is still due her process of a fair trial by a jury of her peers.

He's not on the Birth Certificate and wasn't in her life, so their is no reason why he would be mentioned. Normally in an eulogy the people mentioned are the immediate family members who were a part of their life.

Do we know this for sure? At least one story has him dying on the way to Caylee's birthday party, which would mean he was in her life.

I, personally, am thoroughly pleased with the article or "eulogy". I don't think the father's name, or his parent's names, can be mentioned without positive proof - be it their permission or not. In other words, I could say Channing Tatum was my children's father, but wouldn't I need proof before it's listed in an article as such? Also, I don't see any fault with asking for donations "in lieu of flowers" to be sent to the church or Kid Finders. When my mother died, we asked "In lieu of flowers, please donate to the American Cancer Soceity In Honor Of CaroleLee V". When I die, I wish for donations to be made to "Big Brothers - Big Sisters Of America", instead of spending all of that money on flowers. While the thought is beautiful with sending flowers, donations to an organization that means something to you could help to benefit others in need. I just don't see how this could be such a big issue when alot of our population does this everyday...just take a glance at the obit pages. Some of them are actually very sweet. :blowkiss:

Totally agree. And not just for funerals either. My cousin and his now-wife lived together for years before they married and they both were very successful. So at the wedding they asked instead of gifts for donations to St. Jude's, the American Cancer Society, or a list of other charities - or one of your choosing. At the wedding they said cancer research needed funding a lot more than they needed a 4th blender.

How odd. When I click on the link there is no picture of Cindy. There's a video shot of BC. :waitasec:

That darn Cindy, I bet she's responsible for the lousy weather here today.
You are correct, but her name is linked in the article and it goes to a picture of her. Caylee's name is also linked in the article and if you click on it, you will be taken to a picture of Caylee. Just typical internet reference linking. It doesn't have a picture of Cindy as the article picture.

I don't believe it has anything to do with money. I searched Caylee images on the Sentinel site and bunches of them came up. They have them, they just chose to use the one of Cindy...perhaps because she wrote the eulogy and her name is mentioned in the headline.

I agree...that's why I said "or the OS couldn't be bothered bringing up a file photo". OS = Orlando Sentinel

Sadly, I think that even if not one troublemaker shows up, it will somehow still be a "public spectacle", but I pray I am wrong and that is the beautiful send off that Caylee deserves.
I agree, but it is a no win situation.
Some take exception to the fact that she makes reference to the opinion that strangers cannot love Caylee like her own family. Yet, when those strangers are included in the memorial, some take exception to the fact that strangers are invited by way of TV or public access.
It is a losing proposition all the way around because no one scenario will please the masses.
As I say, half of my pm box is complaints that we allow Cindy to be bashed too much and the other half of my pm box is complaints that we protect Cindy too much.

It is all our own perspective and no one size will ever fit all.

RIP Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member