A Mother's Unconditional Love

Pattymarie

Reaction score
OK... I have had a hard time today... I am completely conflicted about all my emotions in this case. I have had a difficult time with A's behavior throughout it all.

But... Cindy is my age...with kids my age... and her message to Casey today blew me away. It was raw, it was beautiful, it was a call of love to her daughter, whom she so obviously loves, despite what she has done. I imagine myself in her shoes and doing the same thing. Or at least I hope I would.

You would... it's just love. I'd probably do the same thing pattymarie...

unconditional love - ok sure - i can buy into that ( i think )

but not blaming other people that are innocent - which i think she has been doing for months now... in other words YES unconditional love but doesnt that also mean the TRUTH must come out ??

OK... I have had a hard time today... I am completely conflicted about all my emotions in this case. I have had a difficult time with A's behavior throughout it all.

But... Cindy is my age...with kids my age... and her message to Casey today blew me away. It was raw, it was beautiful, it was a call of love to her daughter, whom she so obviously loves, despite what she has done. I imagine myself in her shoes and doing the same thing. Or at least I hope I would.

Do you have grandkids? Little ones completely innocent and dependent on adults for safekeeping? I couldn't turn my back on a sweet grandbaby to defend an adult child. I just never would. How dare my adult child take a sweet grandbaby away.

Do you have grandkids? Little ones completely innocent and dependent on adults for safekeeping? I couldn't turn my back on a sweet grandbaby to defend an adult child. I just never would. How dare my adult child take a sweet grandbaby away.

No, I don't have grandkids yet...hope to soon one day. (I wish they would get going on this! LOL!) I hear you...can't even imagine this kind of conflict between your adult child and your precious grandchild. That is why this case is so horribly conflicting, I think.

You know I totally agree with you pattymarie, I know we love our children and grandchildren both unconditionally, And I have so much compassion for this family. In all honesty this is one of those situations you just can not predict your reaction, Would you hold out that no way could your own child do this I think the majority of us would and as we get ready for bed tonight Lets all just remember to give thanks to our Father in heaven as it is only by the grace of GOD that any of us are not in this or some similar situation. JMO

No, I don't have grandkids yet...hope to soon one day. (I wish they would get going on this! LOL!) I hear your...can't even imagine this kind of conflict between your adult child and your precious grandchild. That is why this case is so horribly conflicting, I think.

You will love having grandbabies. I can't tell you how strong a bond is with a grandchild. I more protective of my grandson than I ever was with my kids.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be the mother of a psychopath. You would still love them, but could not believe it, I would imagine.

I am a mother to 5, stepmom to 1. Ages 3, 4, 11, 12, 16 and 17.

My love for all of them is unending.

The older ones know my support (what I am willing to do for them) IS conditional based on their behavior.

Get in trouble at school- "Oh how sad. You made a bad choice. I'm choosing to NOT drive you and your 3 BFF's to the movies this Friday."

Fight with your brother- "Oh how sad. You made a bad choice. I'm choosing to say no when you ask to use my computer."

unconditional love - ok sure - i can buy into that ( i think )

but not blaming other people that are innocent - which i think she has been doing for months now... in other words YES unconditional love but doesnt that also mean the TRUTH must come out ??

I THINK (I hope) that blaming Zanny, RG, and whomever is done now... I hope...

I think it would be hard to say how you feel or what you would do unless you have been in the situation that the A's are in. The whole ordeal is so horrific that no one can imagine their feelings. JMO

I can't imagine what it would be like to be the mother of a psychopath. You would still love them, but could not believe it, I would imagine.

I could not ever feature that either but I would still love my child, but in my heart of hearts would surely stand behind telling the truth and paying the consequences of what I had done.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST you are a beautiful person,
I was often feeling alone out there sticking up for the Anthony's.
I am totally understanding their love for Casey. TOTALLY
and that does not lesson their pain, or the fact that they deserve
more compassion, privacy and consideration.

I THINK (I hope) that blaming Zanny, RG, and whomever is done now... I hope...

I think that depends on who Lee was talking to today. If it wasn't Casey, then he's still spinning that someone else is involved, IMO, JMO, etc. etc.

I think it would be hard to say how you feel or what you would do unless you have been in the situation that the A's are in. The whole ordeal is so horrific that no one can imagine their feelings. JMO
Beautiful Post.:blowkiss:

Okay, delving into family things that I shouldn't but here goes: My sister was married to a pedophile, whom I despise... everything and anything about this man. Still do. Always will. My sister had a child with him, and after a huge chunk of denial (he raped a 10-year-old) she finally left him. I didn't ditch my sister because of the denial. I called the authorities behind her back, gave her encouragement to leave him while still calling authorities, etc. And even though I wanted to choke this man in his sleep, I felt bad for my sister's pathologic denial because the pain was just too intense for her. I knew it; I saw it. I don't blame my sister, stood by her no matter how painful it was for me, but did the right thing and called authorities (where the A's lacked). She is affected to this day, stunted and a hermit and a shell of a person because of the guilt she carried for living with a pedophile and not listening to her family. I will admit, I have some anger toward that, toward her even, but I still hold her in my heart. The pedophile: Damn him and wherever he may walk. BUT! His family is by his side, and as much as I hate it, that's where they are. Love is a tricky thing, and people have so many sides to humanity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back