FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there was a key hidden somewhere outside? I know I have one just in case. Might explain no obvious breaking and entering? Just a thought.....

GF could have proped door open so she could get back in? lost key? Or she left it unlocked and went out, perp left it proped.

I am just really really suspicious of GF, it doesnt add up like GP Johnny said, how does a child go missing from the room gf was sleeping in while gf was in bathroom???

Have I missed something? Do we know that she went missing while g/f was in the bathroom, or did the g/f get up, go to the bathroom and when she went back to bed noticed Haleigh missing? I think I may have missed something.

I just feel like if the gf didn't do it (and I'm a little iffy on whether or not she did) then for someone to come in the house through a locked door AND find a cinder block to prop the door open and leave little-to-no evidence, I just think it may have been premeditated. Of course, LE isn't revealing much in terms of evidence.

I'm curious about the screen door too. I hope we get some answers soon - I hope they find her safe.

I watched the Greta interview and the bio mom didn't know too many specifics about anything - like where Ronald worked, how long RC and gf had been together, ect. The grandma seemed to know more about it than anything. That seemed strange to me.

-The mother and grandmother admitted that Haleigh and her younger brother had said their dad hits them before.
-The grandmother made references to marijuana being in the house.

snipped

Neither one seemed too upset over either claim to me. :waitasec:

I really wish we could find that out too. Some suggestions I thought of though were:
-When Haleigh fell into the water and had to be resuscitated. (I'm not sure when the mother said this was). But, if the medics or anyone there had any doubts about the situation, CPS may have looked into it.
-The mother and grandmother admitted that Haleigh and her younger brother had said their dad hits them before.
-The grandmother made references to marijuana being in the house.

From the article i read MC was involved in this to so it had to be in the past 4-6 months. I heard the grandma say that the children had said that they were hit but she didn't specify as to who hit them,MC or the dad.

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. So that was the maternal grandpa. I am still trying to get the family straight.

Did anyone ever find out if that My Space that was posted is indeed the young girlfriend? She looks like she would attract a lot of attention from perverts in the neighborhood. Maybe someone saw this young chic with kids in tow and saw her as an easy mark. However, I do believe she knows more than what she is saying. Perhaps she's scared. Too bad we can't see her on camera. We'd have a much better idea of whether or not she's lying.

Now in my most paranoid mind and I hope I'm wrong, I also think the girlfriend was crying on the 911 call, not so much because the child was missing, but because she was scared of the dad being mad at her. If the child was suddenly missing and you are 17 and alone in a trailer, if you haven't called 911, you would call SOMEONE! ... like your parents! Because you would be terrified! ... unless... you know who did it.

Respectfully bolded by me

I had a simular idea Suzet. I had wondered about the history of this young lady's mother having taken legal action against a male in the past? I have to go back and relook for that posting.

Then we look at the fact that this young lady is 17 yrs old and living (I am assuming she is living there) with a 24 (25?) year old man.

That's quite an age difference given those ages. Teenager and a man in his mid 20's that has two children. Big difference in life experience.

Now I said given that MC may have been involved with a situation where her Mother took legal action (again, I'll have to look up that post) and now she is involved with a man much further along in the path of life than she is...

It would indicate to me that she would be interesting to any pedo or adult male that preyed on younger women.

They pick up on these young ladies almost as if picking up a scent. They hone in on these young ladies. It's not a far stretch to think that someone that preyed on vulnerable teens, would also be attracted to a little girl.

I don't know very much about MO's of sex offenders though.

Thanks for responding Lancelot:)

This is just heartbreaking. I am in awe of those of you that have been helping missing children and their families for so long...:blowkiss:

Thank you! Right back at you!! :blowkiss:
I think all WS'ers, you included, are trying to find missing children. Righting wrongs, championing the exploited. I get really steamed when people hurt children, the elderly and animals.

I did do something helpful this morning. I donated to TES. It was so easy!! I may have to do it again!

Have I missed something? Do we know that she went missing while g/f was in the bathroom, or did the g/f get up, go to the bathroom and when she went back to bed noticed Haleigh missing? I think I may have missed something.

No, I don't think it's your fault. I think there is so much misreporting going on in this case. Some reports are saying that the girlfriend is the one who got up to use the bathroom, then saw that Haleigh was gone. Some reports are saying that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom, the girlfriend got up a few minutes later and Haleigh was gone.

I just feel like if the gf didn't do it (and I'm a little iffy on whether or not she did) then for someone to come in the house through a locked door AND find a cinder block to prop the door open and leave little-to-no evidence, I just think it may have been premeditated. Of course, LE isn't revealing much in terms of evidence.

I'm curious about the screen door too. I hope we get some answers soon - I hope they find her safe.

I watched the Greta interview and the bio mom didn't know too many specifics about anything - like where Ronald worked, how long RC and gf had been together, ect. The grandma seemed to know more about it than anything. That seemed strange to me.

My guess is the back door was never locked & cinder block was nearby?

The mom didn't seem to know exactly what he did for work (something with a crane) but did know they had been dating 4-5 months..One of them named the company but not sure if it was mom or gm.

Thank you Kat, I had never heard of this. Sounds very treatable if you are aware of the symptoms and treatments.

I don't think treatable is really the word because there is no cure. The treatment is hormone replacement.

We had a neighbor when my oldest dd was little, who had a little girl with this. She's now in her late 20s

When the kids started kindergarten the differences were very subtle, Sara was smaller than the other kids a little less mature.

By 2/3 grade the differences were much more pronounced. Sara had a lot of learning disabilities, developmental delays. This was a child who required a lot of patience and individual attention.

GOOD POINT! What was teh gf wearing when dad got home. IF she had been asleep in bed - she would have had "night clothes" on - not necessarily pajamas but maybe just a t-shirt or "something comfortable". IF she was in street clothes - well that would be a whole different story.

Right, good questions.
Also like to add, was her hair combed, make-up on?

She could have put on a pair of jeans to go look outside for Haleigh.
Panic situation or not.....
IMO

If she used the brick to keep the door open so would the kidnapper so why not leave it that way?..The kidnapper couldn't possibly remove the brick with the child in their arms & there's no way that child would be put down so the brick had to stay..

What I meant to explain is..the g/f would not have used a brick to keep the door open..she would not have had to make a quiet escape with haleigh.

Just saw this case last night. Trying to get caught up. No forced entry makes you wonder. Propped door is strange. As far as her not calling 911 at first, the arguement could be made that she was in shock. I always get up at night and check on my kids. There has been several times that I couldn't find my child with Asbergers. My kids are terrible to play musical beds and she is the worst. She has almost given me a heart attack more than once! I suspect the gf may have had something to do with it but there sure are alot of pedophiles living around there. Jessica Lunsford's killer was brave enough to go into her house and get her and so was Elizabeth Smart's abductor's. So it does happen. Which is very scary for me!

I can't lose the feeling that this is an inside job. I wonder if the little boy has been interviewed as to when he last saw his sister. The door being held open by a brick could be staged. I just don't know, I got a real hinky feeling from the father on GVS, NG last night.

Bond -

1) The "prop" has been defined as a "cinder block" - I take that to mean a construction type block with the two big square holes that are sometimes filled with cement when building homes.

2) you got me thinking about the door set-up. I was assuming both doors were together on the same door frame - screen door to outside and then solid door - so in warmer months the solid door could be left open and the screen door acts as a barrier to keep mosquitos and such out. BUT - as you mentioned - if there was a screened back porch - then the screen door AND the solid door could be two separate frames. The screen door being the opening to the "porch" and then the solid door being the opening to the actual house.

3) The dad said several times last night that is was a "screened" door - so I would rule out the glass door theory.

Hope some of that helps.

Thanks, SWAG. That helps.

IMHO...an abductor committed in his/her mind to carrying out even a hurried plan would not hesitate to cut a screen door to gain access...esp. if he/she had a key to the deadbolt lock. If I'm the abductor I'm through that screen door with a knife in less than 3 seconds...not even a blink...propping the door is not a consideration unless I'm a 'peeping Tom' on a screened porch situation.

A gf having the key to the deadbolt and needing to to regain access to the house where she left the kids sleeping whilst she went about other plans elsewhere...WOULD be concerned about preserving the screen door and would prop it open to ensure access upon her return. Under these circumstances her return would be just a few minutes before her boyfriends expected arrival, and upon her return to find Haleigh missing would explain (a) her not having the opportunity to remove the prop from the door, (b) the timing of her call to the boyfriend upon his pulling into the driveway a few short minutes after her own return/arrival, and (c) her not having called 911.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131129&catid=3

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield says he doesn't understand how that could happen.
"If you're in the bed with your child and you get up and use the bathroom," Sheffield said, "is there enough time for someone to come to the house and snatch the child out of the bed and disappear... without you getting back to the bed in time? No!"

I think your description of a cinderblock is dead on. If you go to google images and search it, you'll see what it looks like.

I'm wondering if the cinderblock came from under the trailer. They use those to level the home. Could have had some extras and left them underneath?

In the photos/videos does the underpinning/skirt on the house look to be intact, or is some of it pulled off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903