FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is not found soon we need an organized thread for this. We have the same people saying the same things over and over and over, no one is reading the thread.

Agreed.

I've posted a lot of stuff I found on the Internet that is completely lost in the middle of threads. No one is ever going to see them.

I would hate for someone else to spend an entire day playing armchair detective like I did yesterday only to discover that it had already been done. It would also be great if someone could see what I found and expand upon it. But it would have to be seen!

I'm thinking it is a bit odd that there just so happened to be a stranger (A/C repairman) in the house the same night that Haleigh disappeared. He could have unlocked the deadbolt on the back door to look at the unit out back. Someone may have thought this would be a good time to act since there had been a stranger in the home???

Am I loosing my mind or didn't I see a link fly by saying all the so's in the area had been cleared? And if I did well, weird that they would say they were cleared...but won't say the family is. Another red flag.
They are still interviewing other family members, but I tend to agree. Perhaps they are waiting on forensic testing on items from the house before they stick their necks out and say the father is cleared. If they find evidence of unidentifiable prints being inside and on the cement block etc., they will have more indication it was not the father or GF.

Well, I had two intruders in my house and they turned the lights on in every room, even the light in my bedroom where I was sleeping. The lights didn't wake me up, it was the knife at my throat that did. So, I don't find the fact that the light was on so unusual.

Exactly what happened to my 75 yr. uncle! But the light going on in the bedroom DID wake my uncle up and then he saw the knife. The guy was caught and serving for kidnapping, stealing car, on drugs, theft of money and attempted murder.........he was only 24 yrs old! BTW, the porch door in kitchen was not locked. My uncle 'thought' it was as 'usual'.............

The page is reading error...not found for me:confused:

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/02/search-for-haleigh-cummings/
Snip:

02/12/09 - Texas EquuSearch will begin a massive search for missing 5 year old Haleigh Cummings on Friday, February 13, 2009. TES is working in conjunction with law enforcement to coordinate the search.

Our command center will be located at 194 East Buffalo Bluff in Satsuma, Florida. We encourage all TES members and other volunteers to be at the command center at 8:00am on Friday morning to begin searching. We are in need of foot searchers, searchers on horseback and on ATV’s. Please dress in long pants, long sleeve shirt, good walking shoes or boots, and socks. Bring a walking stick, mosquito spray and sunscreen. Searchers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid photo ID. No children or pets will be allowed.

It is also imperative that searchers bring their own lunches and snacks. Because of the area we are in, food facilities are not readily available. Please continue to check this website for updates.

Am I loosing my mind or didn't I see a link fly by saying all the so's in the area had been cleared? And if I did well, weird that they would say they were cleared...but won't say the family is. Another red flag.

:eek: I hope that's not the terminology LE is using. How can any SO be cleared when they haven't found the child, haven't found evidence, etc? Unless they really believe someone within the home has done this and they have substantial evidence (lots of blood clean up) in the home or soemthing?

Still, I strongly have from moment 1 believe the gf to be involved.

Why prop the door? The front door must be in working order, at least no one has said otherwise. Go through the door that works, don't lock it behind yourself or do lock it, but why would she leave that door opened and propped?

So she could go out the back door through the woods to her brother's trailer nearby. Maybe she figured she could hear the kids from there, in the dead of night in the woods, rural area, you can hear a good distance. Also if she goes in the back door, no one sees her go in the front to tell the father on her that she left the children alone.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/02/search-for-haleigh-cummings/
Snip:

02/12/09 - Texas EquuSearch will begin a massive search for missing 5 year old Haleigh Cummings on Friday, February 13, 2009. TES is working in conjunction with law enforcement to coordinate the search.

Our command center will be located at 194 East Buffalo Bluff in Satsuma, Florida. We encourage all TES members and other volunteers to be at the command center at 8:00am on Friday morning to begin searching. We are in need of foot searchers, searchers on horseback and on ATV’s. Please dress in long pants, long sleeve shirt, good walking shoes or boots, and socks. Bring a walking stick, mosquito spray and sunscreen. Searchers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid photo ID. No children or pets will be allowed.

It is also imperative that searchers bring their own lunches and snacks. Because of the area we are in, food facilities are not readily available. Please continue to check this website for updates.

Thank You!

I'm thinking it is a bit odd that there just so happened to be a stranger (A/C repairman) in the house the same night that Haleigh disappeared. He could have unlocked the deadbolt on the back door to look at the unit out back. Someone may have thought this would be a good time to act since there had been a stranger in the home???

after A/C man left, maybe the door didn't get locked back up. Sometimes we 'think' we did lock the door because we always do, but it was overlooked???

Have to disagree, this is beyone Super Rural.

I'm trying to be kind and give them the benefit of the doubt. For clarity: it's suuuper rural with generations of dysfunction with possible natural and synthetic chemicals involved.

I'm in texas and can't search but I have donated via paypal. I hope locals can go out and help search

Yeah, me too. I figured my money would help more than me getting in my car and going. Faster too.....:crazy:

That is not necessarily true - my kid has been out sick, we've forgotten to call it in and NEVER received a phone call and I live in FLA
We have the automated call system but that call doesn't come until at least the night of the day the child was absent or sometimes even the next day or night.
I would think there would be a record if that number was called for an unexcused absence.

Even though at this point I don't think that the dad is involved, I do wonder about his comment that he checked the back door before he went to work and it was locked. And I was thinking, I very, very rarely use my own backdoor and while I do check it when I think of it, I definitely don't check it every day, (I might start now though!) I mean if you have a door that you almost never use, do you check it daily?

I've posted a lot of stuff I found on the Internet that is completely lost in the middle of threads. No one is ever going to see them.

I would hate for someone else to spend an entire day playing armchair detective like I did yesterday only to discover that it had already been done. It would also be great if someone could see what I found and expand upon it. But it would have to be seen!
Many people work or have children and with the threads flying so furiously, it can be difficult to go back to read through them all. If you post something you feel is really important, it never hurts to bump it up. ;)

:eek: I hope that's not the terminology LE is using. How can any SO be cleared when they haven't found the child, haven't found evidence, etc? Unless they really believe someone within the home has done this and they have substantial evidence (lots of blood clean up) in the home or soemthing?

Still, I strongly have from moment 1 believe the gf to be involved.

LE said today in the presser that the family will be interviewed again regarding the case, so i guess they know things didn't add up the first time around.

after A/C man left, maybe the door didn't get locked back up. Sometimes we 'think' we did lock the door because we always do, but it was overlooked???

The dad saying he locked the door and pushing that point is hinky to me. So he locked the back door. Misty and the kids don't ever unlock a locked door? My hubby locks the door every morning too...but it gets unlocked a thousand times a day. I mean what did she do? Sit on the couch until he came home not daring to move or go outside?

Why prop the door? The front door must be in working order, at least no one has said otherwise. Go through the door that works, don't lock it behind yourself or do lock it, but why would she leave that door opened and propped?

If the brother lives across from the back of the Cummings home and it's a very short distance maybe she left the door propped open so she could maybe hear the kids if they woke up. Someone else suggested she may have left the light on in the kitchen so she could see to get back to the house and possibly I think it would allow her to see into the house from a distance and she's be able to see if the kids were up. Maybe she didn't go out the front door because the brothers house is closer by going out the back. Or maybe she didn't want neighbors to see her leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname