FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Friday the 13th and I am thinking creepy thoughts..............let's hope it's a lucky day.
and Haleigh is found, maybe she is scared of the dogs and search people and is just hiding???

I believe it is when you enlarge 2 pictures of her and compare the pics on the news, it is. But this page never went anywhere, she has no friends but Tom. Poor Tom wants to be everyone's friend. He must be busy.

Tom's the myspace guy so he's on everyone's friends list until you delete him off.

Is there a link to the presser? I'm thinking we at least need a daily media/news thread so people coming in can find the media links and catch up that way.

If Misty truly considered herself a "mother" to those children, then she would have trained herself to be a light sleeper since we all know how young children can be.
I don't think she was even home the whole time. If she had just woke up like she said, noticing the children gone, then she should have called 911 right quick, not waited a half hour, makes no sense

So true! I'm thinking either she wasn't there -- and came home before the dad got home from work, knowing he'd be on his way soon... and then she noticed the propped door; light on; and Haleigh missing.

Or she was passed out from something... which if someone knew that she was knocked out for awhile, would give someone time to come in and take Haleigh out of the home.

Who knows! She definitely seems to be hiding something by her body language in the interviews so far. Either way, I'm just so tired of hearing the stories of these missing sweet innocent children. :(

It's Friday the 13th and I am thinking creepy thoughts..............let's hope it's a lucky day.
and Haleigh is found, maybe she is scared of the dogs and search people and is just hiding???

Wouldn't that be nice..I can see Tim finding her if that is the case..reaching his hand out and guiding her to safety..
I don't have a good feeling about any of this at all though..

Is there a link to the presser? I'm thinking we at least need a daily media/news thread so people coming in can find the media links and catch up that way.

Agreed there is 280 peeps on this thread prolly looking for updates on this little one!

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/02/search-for-haleigh-cummings/
Snip:

02/12/09 - Texas EquuSearch will begin a massive search for missing 5 year old Haleigh Cummings on Friday, February 13, 2009. TES is working in conjunction with law enforcement to coordinate the search.

Our command center will be located at 194 East Buffalo Bluff in Satsuma, Florida. We encourage all TES members and other volunteers to be at the command center at 8:00am on Friday morning to begin searching. We are in need of foot searchers, searchers on horseback and on ATV’s. Please dress in long pants, long sleeve shirt, good walking shoes or boots, and socks. Bring a walking stick, mosquito spray and sunscreen. Searchers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid photo ID. No children or pets will be allowed.

It is also imperative that searchers bring their own lunches and snacks. Because of the area we are in, food facilities are not readily available. Please continue to check this website for updates.

To all us who were discussing the TUBA post and the "bluff" reference on the Astro site on here....kinda freaky the command center is at "Buffalo Bluff"....

ETA : Maybe someone contacted our member FRIDAY and she tipped him off....

Does Haleigh's genetic condition require medication on a daily basis? If so would the g/f have been in charge of giving it to her?

But if this were true - and he 'coached' his girlfriend, as you and another have suggested - wouldn't he come up with a better story than:

(1) Insisting that he was SURE the door was locked. Wouldn't it be a whole lot more plausible for an abductor to get in without any signs of forced entry if it were unlocked as an oversight? Or if he was insisting forced entry, why wouldn't he jack it open with a crowbar, as he is suggesting may have happened?

(2) Saying the girlfriend was RIGHT NEXT TO the girl, who was presumably abducted right from under her nose, from the same room. Why not in another room, down the hall?

If I were going to make something up, I'd make it a lot more believable.

That's not saying the GF isn't lying - but if she is, I think it's much more likely that she's afraid to admit that she was doing something (a) negligent, or (b) that her boyfriend (the Dad) wouldn't approve of, and she's just terrified to say. I'm not convinced that's the case, but I don't think Dad coached her because the story is just too unbelievable to be fake, in my opinion.

These are not educated people, this may have sounded very believable to them. If I hurt a child and then tried to cover it up I'd be a blubbering mess, I'd be sure everyone could read LIAR printed on my forehead. IDK, maybe it;s just drug use but something is so off about this whole thing, I don't believe any of them at this point.

I was wondering how bad gators are in that area, if you look on google maps and check the box at the top for it to show photos taken near there, it pulls up one that has a picture of an alligator near the bank of the river in the area close to their house.

Agreed.

I've posted a lot of stuff I found on the Internet that is completely lost in the middle of threads. No one is ever going to see them.

I would hate for someone else to spend an entire day playing armchair detective like I did yesterday only to discover that it had already been done. It would also be great if someone could see what I found and expand upon it. But it would have to be seen!

I agree there is tons of good info in all of the threads and it's just getting buried and people keep asking the same questions like for myspace pages...there are links to almost every member of the family that has a myspace but the are now buried. Misty has 2 accounts one is current and the one with only Tom as a friend is inactive.

To all us who were discussing the TUBA post and the "bluff" reference on the Astro site on here....kinda freaky the command center is at "Buffalo Bluff"....

do you have a link to the tuba post cause I went over to the astro thread and couldn't find this info. Sorry to keep asking you for links I am not lazy just computer illiterate.

In the one interview when asked about passing the poly's, the father says he passed and then they ask misty, she seems more so to parrot the father's answers in the interview:

"CUMMINGS: Absolutely, they did. And it was not today that we took a polygraph. We took the polygraph yesterday. And, yes, we both did pass. VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, what did they say about your results?
CROSLIN: You mean that I passed?
VAN SUSTEREN: Did they use the word "pass," or did they say there was no sign of deception?
CUMMINGS: They told me that I passed.
CROSLIN: They really did not say much to me."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

I don't think Misty really passed. They had to poly her twice

Wow.... They did not really say much to me...

According to the fathers record though (which someone copied and pasted into one of these threads last night) he has all kinds of drug charges (ranging from cocaine, marijuana, meth, opium, etc) too. So, I don't think the problem is just the mother here.

I ahven't seen anything about meth or opium. Do you have a link, or links? TIA

The dad saying he locked the door and pushing that point is hinky to me. So he locked the back door. Misty and the kids don't ever unlock a locked door? My hubby locks the door every morning too...but it gets unlocked a thousand times a day. I mean what did she do? Sit on the couch until he came home not daring to move or go outside?

I know tracking dogs were brought in.....anything said about 'cadaver' dogs ??

Seems like this might help LE as to if the search needed to be expanded or not.

GF is 17, at 17 a girl usually doesn't 'obey'............
17 yr. olds do goofy things.......
we all were 17.
At that age, you never think anything can go wrong, you live on the edge.
At 17 you would get lonely, go see SIL? or other girls/women in the area
while kids are asleep............
GF is 17, but living like she is 25 like RC.
Built in mom,wife,smoke,drink? drugs? party? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member