FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think if they passed a poly, LE would want the media to know. For the simple fact that the public would give the parents a break from criticism. Also the media could put their efforts on finding the actual person responsible.

Either that or LE doesn't want to say "Dad passed, GF had inconsistencies in her polygraph though".

So, instead of saying only one of them passed -- they just don't say anything at all. :confused:

Absolutely, no excuse. But, possible explanation. If you were a 17-year-old uneducated kid who was put in the position of responsibility to your bf's 2 small children, and you screwed up, really screwed up, and now the little girl was gone, you might wait 30 minutes to figure out what in the heck you were gonna say. To figure out a plausible story (or one that at least seemed plausible at the time) for the dad AND for LE. ("I was here the whole time, I was sleeping. I woke up and she was gone.")

She's not Haleigh's mother. She's a 17-year-old kid. I find it completely plausible that her first thought was about protecting herself (how am I gonna explain this) rather than, every second counts.
JMO

17 year old child or not, she's old enough to know better and to tell the truth and nothing aside from that. If she left the children alone, she needs to tell it, a little 5 year old girl's life is at stake and Misty's worried about self preservation?

Absolutely, no excuse. But, possible explanation. If you were a 17-year-old uneducated kid who was put in the position of responsibility to your bf's 2 small children, and you screwed up, really screwed up, and now the little girl was gone, you might wait 30 minutes to figure out what in the heck you were gonna say. To figure out a plausible story (or one that at least seemed plausible at the time) for the dad AND for LE. ("I was here the whole time, I was sleeping. I woke up and she was gone.")

She's not Haleigh's mother. She's a 17-year-old kid. I find it completely plausible that her first thought was about protecting herself (how am I gonna explain this) rather than, every second counts.
JMO

And, a not-so-bright 17 yo, not a biological mother so has none of those instincts to kick in. Maybe w/ drugs in her system. It's the middle of the night, child's dad should be home any minute. He seems to be a more controlling individual, she may have been hesitant to make a 911 call without his express permission for fear of doing the "wrong" thing and getting yelled at. Plus, actually making the call would make this all "real" - no longer any possibility of this being just a bad dream like I'm sure she was wishing it was.

I know tracking dogs were brought in.....anything said about 'cadaver' dogs ??

Seems like this might help LE as to if the search needed to be expanded or not.

Someone posted last night that 15 cadaver dogs were being brought in...

Wouldn't that be nice..I can see Tim finding her if that is the case..reaching his hand out and guiding her to safety..
I don't have a good feeling about any of this at all though..

That would be awesome I just read over the post on TES where they found little Owen earlier this month alive in Llano, Tx. We had a deer lease in that area and it is very rurual. It is a deer hunting town. Of course they found him the next day.

There's always a chance but in this case it doesn't look like it's going to turn out good.

does anyone else think its unusual that she would wake up to go to the bathroom at 3am? I mean, for my husband and I it isn't unheard of but we are almost 50... when I was 17 years old I didn't wake up having to go to the bathroom at 3am... I think she was just getting in...

it makes much more sense that she would be getting in before her boyfriend got home and found Hayleigh gone... She is probably too scared to admit she was not even there.

Either that or LE doesn't want to say "Dad passed, GF had inconsistencies in her polygraph though".

So, instead of saying only one of them passed -- they just don't say anything at all. :confused:

I can go with that:)

I know tracking dogs were brought in.....anything said about 'cadaver' dogs ??

Seems like this might help LE as to if the search needed to be expanded or not.

Good question. I hope they have. I mean it would seem like that would be something they would do quickly. Knowing one way or another would help.

Is there anyway we can start a thread in the basement where we can post only updates, current info gathered and links? Mods? We've got way too much info in all these threads getting buried. Seems like such a waste of everyone's time and energy if we just let it all go and then have to track it all down or repeat it over and over and over again.

Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture
According to the fathers record though (which someone copied and pasted into one of these threads last night) he has all kinds of drug charges (ranging from cocaine, marijuana, meth, opium, etc) too. So, I don't think the problem is just the mother here
Are you certain you read those right?

They were from 2002 before his children were even born and I don't think after 7 years they have much bearing on what is going on today...but it is only my opinion.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think she stepped out for a smoke and forgot to lock the door back. I also think that she would feel very guilty about this and be in fear of her bf's reaction. Another theory that keeps going through my head is the 5:00-5:30 pm visit from her brother and nephews. I read somewhere that there were friends with them. I think it is very possible that one of these friends unlocked the door without her knowing, making it possible to come back later for the little girl.

Do we know ages of brother, nephews or their friends?

I'm thinking it is a bit odd that there just so happened to be a stranger (A/C repairman) in the house the same night that Haleigh disappeared. He could have unlocked the deadbolt on the back door to look at the unit out back. Someone may have thought this would be a good time to act since there had been a stranger in the home???

after A/C man left, maybe the door didn't get locked back up. Sometimes we 'think' we did lock the door because we always do, but it was overlooked???

Do we know if AC guy came before or after dad left for work? (Dad swears up and down that he definitely locked back door before leaving.) JMO
:parrot:

I'm trying to catch up on all these postings. I am in northern Fla, and find this case to be very weird. The interview on Greta last night was one of the more bizarre interviews I've seen. Misti seemed out of it; not sure if it is drugs, booze, lack of sleep, etc., but it was almost to the point of ridiculousness. I could tell Greta was pretty incredulous whenever Misti spoke.

I say this with total sensitivity, but she also seems a little bit "challenged." She just does not seem to have the lack of skills and mindset that a typical late-teens girl would have. Her language, mannerisms, social ques were odd. She stumbled over some basic facts (how far apart they were sleeping, for example.) She doesn't know the difference between 3 inches and 6 feet? I have also read that she didn't know the house number when she called 911.

Why isn't she in school? Where are her parents?

I have a feeling this house was dysfunctional at best; criminal at worst. The whole thing gives me a sick feeling that this poor child probably never really had a chance to have a happy, normal life.

If TES doesn't find her in the next day then someone did copy cat kc thing..........
OMG, I just can't read anymore.........bbl, getting sadder as the day goes on.

From User MeoW333 posted yesterday at 4:51, she did this work not me, I have it bookmarked.

Thread number 5 post number 527

Chad's myspace: (takes awhile to load)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=418138401

Sarah's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=370621864

Marie's myspace: (Crystal's mom)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=420148756

Crystal (biomom) myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/crystalsheffield (if this doesn't link just copy and paste into your browser)

Crystal & Sarah's dad's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=409750817

If she is not found soon we need an organized thread for this. We have the same people saying the same things over and over and over, no one is reading the thread.

I have been thinking this same thing. I have tried to answer the same questions night and day. I think people are on here in shifts and sometimes I pop on real quick and the same thing is being addressed all over again... HELP:confused:

does anyone else think its unusual that she would wake up to go to the bathroom at 3am? I mean, for my husband and I it isn't unheard of but we are almost 50... when I was 17 years old I didn't wake up having to go to the bathroom at 3am... I think she was just getting in...

it makes much more sense that she would be getting in before her boyfriend got home and found Hayleigh gone... She is probably too scared to admit she was not even there.
It depends! I think its normal, I did it all during the night as a teenager..
The thing is, out of her own mouth, she said that she got up to go to the bathroom, and in a different interview said that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom and when she didn't return she got up to look for her..
Now tell me this, if she couldn't hear someone come in and get her, how did she know she got up to go to the bathroom?:waitasec:

I know a lot of you are skeptical of Brian's dream drawings, but it is interesting......

http://www..com/MISSING/publicr/Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings case 673.htm

police not telling the whole story?

GF not home at 2:13, smoking??

I don't usually put a lot of stock into these things, but it's something to chew on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix