FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Id be strapped to an electric chair by now..
Me too!

My sister gave me a magnet AT Christmas, it's on my fridge... It says, " Let's put the fun back in DYSFUNCTIONAL"! LOL!:crazy:

Sorry, my post was expounding on the many posts I've seen claiming that it was stupid, etc for Misty to have had her wits about her enough in the middle of the night, while a child was missing, and her boyfriend was yelling, to immediately recognize the word "numerical" and respond accordingly. I mean, cripes, I think I would have asked the operator what she meant, especially in that situation. I'm more used to the term "street address".

We're all guilty of this stuff once in a while, and it's just moot.

I am going to take my own advice now, and ignore any further discussion of it;)

I think it is as easy to explain as the operator who was doing 14 things at once, dispatching officers, talking to Misti, doing data entry as they went accidentally used the word on her screen It probably has separate fields for the house number and the street name. The box she was entering probably says "numerical entry only". I know I have been multi tasking and accidently said what I had just read instead of a more conversational phrase.

Yes there was... it was shown on Headline News. The sheriff just sadi that Tim Miller and team was leaving the area. And someone(reporter) said that Ron had pleaded with Tim to stay and search areas in woods that had not been searched, but he couldn't stay...another case. The Sheriff said that they did not ask Tim and team to leave the area. That's about all I heard.

Thank you sweetmop. I missed it. I'm on the phone listening to my oldest rant about something:)

Now I don't know about YOU ... but by this time in the game, after SO many days, as a parent ... I'd be LIVID, probably throwing up, not able to eat ... crying all the time, just a mess! It's been SO long ... and just thinking of my baby out there, possibly with a stranger, scared to death, crying for me, who knows what she's going through, or dead.

I know for sure, I'd HAVE to be medicated!!!
Oh me too, aprilshowers! I'd be locked in a padded room by this date! No doubt in my mind!

Bolded by me.

I was under the impression that LE has not said one way or the other if she passed the polygraph?

Nope, I dont beleive LE has said one way or the other that she passed and I didnt elude to that fact. I just said shes telling the truth when she says she doesnt know who took HC.

911 asked the address....Misty gave the name of the street....does Misty not know what "address" means like she doesn't know what "numerical" means?? I presume the operator felt she was talking to an adult whose "daughter" was missing, right? Otherwise, she would have asked, "what's the name of the street you live on? Do you know what the numbers are for your house?" I used to work dispatch...we do talk to children different than we talk to adults.

Most of those trailer parks in that area don't have mailboxes in front- instead they have a cluster of boxes and the address is something like RR26 Box 5

Maybe she didn't regularly use the physical address.

Was there a presser at 4 PM EST today? If not, do we know when the next one is scheduled? TIA

Yes,I have some posts around 4 PM Est, on this thread I think, where I posted what was said.

...Misty's brother....

Methinks his whereabouts need to be VERY closely accounted for...

Quoting myself, hmmm first sign Im losing it here....
If Misty has a hard time verbalizing, and doesnt seem to be too smart, and cant get the words out like a lot of people, then she sure caught herself here. Why catch yourself---"nothin with--to--that lil girl" ???
Also, does anyone think that the Dad, Mom, grandparents and probably Misty's family members have BEGGED LE to end speculation and release results of lie detector tests? Ill bet they have, and LE wont. There is a reason for this folks.JMO

Before any polygraphs were taken I believe it was the sheriff that said that he would not be releasing the results of any of them....not just Ron and Mistys.

Anyone have Chad's mug shot. The link posted earlier does not work?

This was a 911 operator, not a jr. high kid. I think that sets the bar higher.
A 911 operator that should have been trained to speak using correct grammer. "Whats the numerical?" is not the correct way to ask someone a house address.

I still think she used the wrong word. I would not ask "what is your numerical", it's an incomplete sentence. after Misty said just green ln. the dispatch should have said what's the number there or what house number, not what's the numerical. I just have a different view of it.

I worked crisis line in Suicide Prevention for which I had to communicate w not only callers in crisis and under the influence but also dispatchers of first responders. What's important is that language be used which communicates clearly, and consisely. You are right this is an incomplete sentence so the word was correct but not in context, nor age- or education appropriate IMO. After which she revised her question, altho time is so often critical. 30 years before that volunteer work, as a teen even, I was completely familiar w the terms "numerical address," "numerical order,' etc. But then again I finished high school. One reason, perhaps, why those to whom we fully entrust our children fulltime should be at least high school proficient. JMO

:parrot:

...Misty's brother....

me too. I feel like this ties in with the whole "pee on blanket"
"I was cleaning" "back door open" thing. She is afraid of somoone besides Ronald, I think and uses these other "facts" to draw attention elsewhere.
MY opinion.

...Misty's brother....

This is who bothers me, only, I have no real evidence to support it:(Just a hunch, and it seems to make sense as far as him being there that day, living so close by, and being able to explain away why he is in the trailer if he WAS caught in there by Misty (left keys, cell phone, wallet, didn't want to disturb her). Also comfortable enough to turn on light.

That's about all I've got:(

I think the report that Chad Reynolds is in custody is incorrect.

Local news just said they are wanting to talk with him and that he's been missing for two weeks.

Forgive me if I've missed this in the ten thousand posts, but has LE said anything about the light switch?

Misti says she woke up an the light was on

Logically, I'd be thinking there's gotta be a partial fingerprint on the light switch. It should either belong to Haleigh, Misti, Ronald, or an unknown.

--OR--

There's no print at all on the light switch because it's been wiped clean.

Whatever's on...or not on...that light switch should speak wonders to the validity of Misty's version of events.

Again, if this has already been picked with a fine tooth comb, my apologies to all.

This is a great post and excellent thought. I would wonder though, if this is a RSO - would they be smart enough to wear gloves?

Salem

...Misty's brother....

Something i must have missed through all the hoopla. Is this the guy we all talked about that is Tommy or not.

the 911 operator did a very good job, I think, considering that she had a young girl on the phone, and a crazed father in the background. I see nothing wrong in asking for "numerical" other than it was over their heads. Anyway, she probably slipped into speaking "cop lingo". She kept both of them calmed down which was a major feat, I think.

I wonder how long the cops were there before she fessed up that she really wasn't the mother???

Hello murdershewrote! As you can see, I'm a new poster. I have been reading Websleuths (on and off) for a long time, though. I read it a lot during the Laci Peterson case and more recently I've been reading about Caylee Anthony.
I just wanted to comment that I think you're right in saying that the 911 operator did a good job. (I have been watching NG and others on this case, so I've heard the audios.) As I listened to the 911 operator talking to Misty and Ron, I seemed to remember that part of these operators' job is to keep the caller on the line, and try to calm them. I think that is part of why the operator was asking all the stuff she asked.
I noticed that when she asked Haleigh's birth date, Ron became angry and started cussing. I wonder if he didn't remember the birth date and was embarrassed and too excited to go and get it. This would not, IMO, make him a bad father, since I remember once my father forgot exactly how old I was, and he wasn't a bad father at all--he was a very good one.
I probably broke some forum etiquette rule with my first post, which was above. I just posted, and didn't introduce myself. Sorry to all for that. Anyway, I do think it is significant that, according to one article I read, Haleigh has Turner's syndrome. That's a major, serious, medical condition. It has many effects, but one is, I think, that it can make the person have cardiovascular problems. I fear for this little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member