Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Valentine's Day and President's Day, everyone. I am celebrating this holiday by having romantic thoughts about Millard Fillmore!

Today's SF Chronicle has a large story on unsolved mysteries in the Bay Area which says "Kevin (Collins) was just the first of a string of Bay Area children--Michaela Garecht, 9, Amanda 'Nikki' Campbell, 4, and more--who vanished in the 1980s and early 1900s and never came home." The writer is Kevin Fagan (kfagan@sfchronicle.com). I sent him a note telling him that Kevin was not the first, and I tried to attach the most recent age-advanced picture of Anna, but my computer is playing me up and would not attach the picture. If any of you want to write Mr. Fagan and attach the picture, I'd be grateful.

Today's SF Chronicle has a large story on unsolved mysteries in the Bay Area which says "Kevin (Collins) was just the first of a string of Bay Area children--Michaela Garecht, 9, Amanda 'Nikki' Campbell, 4, and more--who vanished in the 1980s and early 1900s and never came home." The writer is Kevin Fagan (kfagan@sfchronicle.com). I sent him a note telling him that Kevin was not the first, and I tried to attach the most recent age-advanced picture of Anna, but my computer is playing me up and would not attach the picture. If any of you want to write Mr. Fagan and attach the picture, I'd be grateful.

Interesting story:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic.../MNEI15LN5K.DTL&hw=kevin+fagan&sn=001&sc=1000

Hi, I sent him the age progression photo and the collage photos of Anna!

Hugs, SK. :blowkiss:

As I recall, the Chronicle had made pretty much the same statement in the 1990's in an article also. Unfortunately, some people act as if the "history" of missing children starts in the 1980's with the advent of the "milk carton kids", of which Kevin Collins was among the first. Anna's disappearance occured in an era when little attention was paid by the media and, as it has been said: If I didn't see it on TV, then it didn't happen. Of course, tell that to Annasmom or the parents of Tracy Davenport and Cyndi Sumpter who all disappeared within a 15 month period in 1973-74 in the Bay Area. And I am sure that there are others who have never even made it into the database at the NCMEC and the Doe Network.

The media may act like it all started with Kevin Collins, but we know better.

As I recall, the Chronicle had made pretty much the same statement in the 1990's in an article also. Unfortunately, some people act as if the "history" of missing children starts in the 1980's with the advent of the "milk carton kids", of which Kevin Collins was among the first. Anna's disappearance occured in an era when little attention was paid by the media and, as it has been said: If I didn't see it on TV, then it didn't happen. Of course, tell that to Annasmom or the parents of Tracy Davenport and Cyndi Sumpter who all disappeared within a 15 month period in 1973-74 in the Bay Area. And I am sure that there are others who have never even made it into the database at the NCMEC and the Doe Network.

The media may act like it all started with Kevin Collins, but we know better.

I got two nice letters from the Chronicle reporter today; he says he plans to keep our material on file.

Can someone remind me why the tags include foia website and lesley fera?

I had to look, lesley fera is an actress discussion on resemblence to Anna. Post 293 in this thread... should be back a page or two. Can't link due to computer problems.

I think the foia website might be listed within this thread too, and someone can find it it easier.

hth and glad you heard back from the reporter Annasmom.

I have been reading about this for the past hour or two. I feel so, so sad for Anna's Mom and can not even imagine losing my son. I will give an honest opinion after reading everything. That Brody man sounds very, very strange and it is sad to hear Anna's bio-father was brainwashed by him. The thing that leads me to believe they may have been involved was the suicide by Anna's bio-father after Mr.Brody died. It was almost as if, without the restraints of him the guilt overtook him. Or it could have been a mentaly ill man feeling lonely and hopeless after the loss of his only "friend". Also, the fact that the bio-father was overheard by Anna's step-father saying, "The Tot is dead". Now, it could have been a miscommunication or a muffled sentence but if it wasn't and the step father is quite confident that's what he said than wow.

What leads me to believe it is a stranger abduction is that a few other children went missing around the same time as Anna. Also, it makes sence for a predator to be lurking in the bushes around her home and waiting for his chance for her to get off of the bus. However he would have had to have had a car to take her in. The incident that Anna's brother reported about the couple trying to get Anna in the car? Too much of a coincidence to not have been related, in my opinion if this man's memory serves him correctly. What the couple would have wanted from Anna, God only knows but there could still be hope she is alive.

The motive for the bio-dad and Mr.Brody to have taken Anna is, to me, lacking. They may have been mentaly ill but that wouldn't make them murderers. Unfortunately I am inclined to believe Anna may have been abducted by a child predator. What documents could Anna's bio-father have destroyed that could have incriminated him and Mr.Brody? False passports for Anna? It seems like a long stretch but, I pray Anna is safe wherever she is.

I have been reading about this for the past hour or two. I feel so, so sad for Anna's Mom and can not even imagine losing my son. I will give an honest opinion after reading everything. That Brody man sounds very, very strange and it is sad to hear Anna's bio-father was brainwashed by him. The thing that leads me to believe they may have been involved was the suicide by Anna's bio-father after Mr.Brody died. It was almost as if, without the restraints of him the guilt overtook him. Or it could have been a mentaly ill man feeling lonely and hopeless after the loss of his only "friend". Also, the fact that the bio-father was overheard by Anna's step-father saying, "The Tot is dead". Now, it could have been a miscommunication or a muffled sentence but if it wasn't and the step father is quite confident that's what he said than wow.

What leads me to believe it is a stranger abduction is that a few other children went missing around the same time as Anna. Also, it makes sence for a predator to be lurking in the bushes around her home and waiting for his chance for her to get off of the bus. However he would have had to have had a car to take her in. The incident that Anna's brother reported about the couple trying to get Anna in the car? Too much of a coincidence to not have been related, in my opinion if this man's memory serves him correctly. What the couple would have wanted from Anna, God only knows but there could still be hope she is alive.

The motive for the bio-dad and Mr.Brody to have taken Anna is, to me, lacking. They may have been mentaly ill but that wouldn't make them murderers. Unfortunately I am inclined to believe Anna may have been abducted by a child predator. What documents could Anna's bio-father have destroyed that could have incriminated him and Mr.Brody? False passports for Anna? It seems like a long stretch but, I pray Anna is safe wherever she is.

Hello Danaya, and a warm welcome to Anna's forum.

GW worshipped the ground that GB walked on. I believe his suicide happened because his "only" friend had died. GW alienated himself from many friends after meeting GB.

As far as a motive, my belief is this. After spending a lot of time sorting thru his checkbooks and insurance policies, I believe GW wanted to find a way to no longer pay the painstaking child support to Annasmom. I feel the TWA charges has to do with Anna's missing as well. In GW's mind, if he was paying $175/mo for child support for the next 13 yrs till Anna turned 18 that totals over $27,000. He bought her plane ticket for around $600. Who would want to pay $175/mo for 13 more yrs than to pay $15/mo for 3 yrs.?

The binoculars are still a mystery as well. What does one do with a pair of binoculars in downtown San Francisco? Spy on the neighbor across the street? I believe the binoculars were used in Half Moon Bay.

I would also add into the equation of the two George's motives that having Anna "out of the picture" would allow them to change certain insurance policies to make Brody the beneficiary. And when you consider that a plan mentioning this very manuever occured prior to Anna's disappearance (and actually mention January 1973 as the "trigger" date), then it seems clear to me that they were involved. Time and additional evidence may prove me wrong, but as of now, I believe that they did it.

I would also add into the equation of the two George's motives that having Anna "out of the picture" would allow them to change certain insurance policies to make Brody the beneficiary. And when you consider that a plan mentioning this very manuever occured prior to Anna's disappearance (and actually mention January 1973 as the "trigger" date), then it seems clear to me that they were involved. Time and additional evidence may prove me wrong, but as of now, I believe that they did it,

I didn't read about the insurance policy, that would be a definate motive. Money. I guess since we don't know anything about Mr.Brody's past he could have easily murdered before or been a man capable of it. It sounds like his life revolved around money and obtaining it without working for it.

What do you make of the incident of the brother saying he and Anna were approached by a couple and tried to usher Anna away? Do you think that it's a coincidence or maybe a dodgy memory after so many years? If it is a coincidence then it sure is a strong one. Also with the abductions happening in Anna's area or close by that is a bit of a link to the stranger scenario. I guess those that are the closest probably have a bit more of a "gut feeling" than I do. Mr.Brody and Anna's bio-father would have had to stalked the area a bit and become aquianted. Then again it doesn't take much research to figure out the time school is over and waiting close by to "snatch" her. I think both scenarios are plausable and unfortunately, if the two men did take Anna we may never know what became of her because they are both dead and destroyed all of what was left of them. :shakehead:

I see no connection to Anna's disappearance, but I wanted to post this info:

Several months ago, Annasbro mentioned that someone had dumped a body on Purissima Creek Road. shortly before when Anna disappeared. I came across info about that case. A 19 year old San Francisco woman named Linda Diane Uhlig (some sources have ger name as Ohlig) was found in a ditch alongside what the San Mateo County Times described as "Purissima Canyon Road" on March 28, 1972. I can find no "Purissima Canyon Road", so I suspect that it was Purissima Creek Road. Uhlig had been brutally beaten and slashed elsewhere, then dumped in that area. Her body was found 1.1 miles from Highway 1 - the farmhouse was approximately 4-5 miles from the highway. As best I can tell, her murder has never been solved.

I'd like to again direct our attention back to the break in's and the young woman who felt she had seen Anna. We know the break ins happened so it makes sense to me that we try to explore more about this. I've suggested before that we try to talk to the police because I'm sure their were suspects that never came to light with the public but might provide us with great clues. I'm feeling like the clock is ticking on talking to these former police officers -- they would be getting older.
How can we jump start this? I can offer air miles that would allow someone to go to the area and have conversations if that would help. I'm happy to sponsor a rental car as well. Let's not leave this stone unturned. Blessings to all.

I'd like to again direct our attention back to the break in's and the young woman who felt she had seen Anna. We know the break ins happened so it makes sense to me that we try to explore more about this. I've suggested before that we try to talk to the police because I'm sure their were suspects that never came to light with the public but might provide us with great clues. I'm feeling like the clock is ticking on talking to these former police officers -- they would be getting older.
How can we jump start this? I can offer air miles that would allow someone to go to the area and have conversations if that would help. I'm happy to sponsor a rental car as well. Let's not leave this stone unturned. Blessings to all.
It's very generous of you to make this offer. I can only add that SherlockJr did a great deal of work on this angle and spoke to the woman we called "the informant" at great length. The sheriff's office is aware of this part of the story, but lacking any hard evidence such as a police report, it is difficult to pursue it further. They have an enormous file on Anna, but they are overworked and understaffed. We would have to come up with something new in order to get them to talk to us again.

<P>Hi.&nbsp; don't know what happened I posted a response earlier.&nbsp; I"m&nbsp;trying again.&nbsp; I'm asking that we interview RETIREd police officers that would have been active during the Break In period and perhaps have thoughts, feelings, hunches about people that could not be acted on because of lack of evidence.&nbsp; I see former police officers get interviewed all the time in relation to cases so I think they are allowed to share their opinions.&nbsp; I'm guessing the police that were involved in the break in investigations have some thoughts that they could share.&nbsp; It is possible that getting more information on the break in's will give us another clue.&nbsp; So, I'm not suggesting that we need current police involvement -- rather tapping into those who are retired and might be willing to tell us more about people that were potentially involved or might have information regarding the break ins.&nbsp; I hope this make sense.&nbsp; Maybe Sherlock wants a vacation with some investigation thrown in?</P>
<P>Blessings.&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>

It's very generous of you to make this offer. I can only add that SherlockJr did a great deal of work on this angle and spoke to the woman we called "the informant" at great length. The sheriff's office is aware of this part of the story, but lacking any hard evidence such as a police report, it is difficult to pursue it further. They have an enormous file on Anna, but they are overworked and understaffed. We would have to come up with something new in order to get them to talk to us again.

Just last month I left a message for the detective for Anna's case and requested they speak with the informant. I've not gotten any reply nor have they attempted to contact her. I'm almost ready to send them a tip that will shake their boots off.

rideforfun, thanks for the offer! A working vacation sounds like relaxation to me! I rather see those air miles put to use when we find Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy