The Van

cocoamom

Reaction score
Apologies mods if this subject is addressed elsewhere - I couldn't find it so feel free to wave your wand if necessary :)

The Van:

Where is it?
Who owns it?
Why was Haleigh's favorite blanket or the one she used every night in the van and not the house?
Does/did it actually contain a blanket? If so wouldn't LE have taken the van and blanket as evidence?
Did Misty ever drive this van? Like the day/night of the disappearance?

Last - I SWEAR I heard somebody in this case in an interview say something about LE having taken the van. Am I alone or did someone else remember this? I need to watch all the interviews and see if I can find it ---unless one of you knows where it is? :blowkiss:

IIRC the blanket in the van was Misty's. It was taken away with the van. I still don't know if it was her van or her brother's van that was taken. I think she was referring to LE taking the van along with the contents which was her blanket. But I could be wrong. We know she had family over early in the evening, she may have put the blanket in their van to hang out. The grandmother of Ron said they had family over that Monday and she sent someone over to check on the kids and give them cloths. It is still very confusing.

It was Misty's blanket in the van, not Haleigh's. Misty made the statement "in the van they took" but IMO she was not referring to LE. She is talking about washing blankets and she could not get hers because "it was in the van they took"...this was all before LE was involved. IMO the van belongs to brother Tommy...and could very well be how they "got rid" of Haleigh.

It was Misty's blanket in the van, not Haleigh's. Misty made the statement "in the van they took" but IMO she was not referring to LE. She is talking about washing blankets and she could not get hers because "it was in the van they took"...this was all before LE was involved. IMO the van belongs to brother Tommy...and could very well be how they "got rid" of Haleigh.

HA! I love your sig! Your post too! I guess it was Misty's blanket in the van and maybe Tommy still has the blanket? Wonder if LE has checked out this van! I am thinking that surely they have (praying)....

HA! I love your sig! Your post too! I guess it was Misty's blanket in the van and maybe Tommy still has the blanket? Wonder if LE has checked out this van! I am thinking that surely they have (praying)....

:blowkiss: I hope so...I think the van and blanket are going to turn out to be very important to this.

WAIT! I just thought of something. The grandma said that she had family over to check on kids and drop off some clothes, right? What if they are the ones who 'took the blanket in the van' with a load of laundry, to be washed for her? Maybe they do the laundry and were dropping off clean clothes (a load of laundry) and picked up the dirty load ... which contained the blanket?

Whatcha think?

Apologies mods if this subject is addressed elsewhere - I couldn't find it so feel free to wave your wand if necessary :)

The Van:

Where is it?
Who owns it?
Why was Haleigh's favorite blanket or the one she used every night in the van and not the house?
Does/did it actually contain a blanket? If so wouldn't LE have taken the van and blanket as evidence?
Did Misty ever drive this van? Like the day/night of the disappearance?

Last - I SWEAR I heard somebody in this case in an interview say something about LE having taken the van. Am I alone or did someone else remember this? I need to watch all the interviews and see if I can find it ---unless one of you knows where it is? :blowkiss:

I think it was suggested as a possibility.

And we do know that Tommy and Lindsy have a minivan. They live around the corner.

WAIT! I just thought of something. The grandma said that she had family over to check on kids and drop off some clothes, right? What if they are the ones who 'took the blanket in the van' with a load of laundry, to be washed for her? Maybe they do the laundry and were dropping off clean clothes (a load of laundry) and picked up the dirty load ... which contained the blanket?

Whatcha think?

Misty said she was washing blankets....so she has a washer and dryer....so I don't think so...but..

"I put her to bed…..and…. her blanket and my blanket…my blanket was in the van that they took, so we had a blanket hanging on the window, and I had to wash that and her blanket. Her blanket was…. Like she had peed on her blanket the night before I guess and I was gonna put it on her, but it smelled like pee, so I washed the blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with.and she fell asleep and I come in there and put her blanket on her….."

My take on this statement is that she was recounting the events of the night before and was explaining the bedtime, washing blankets, location of her blanket, other blanket on the window. She is making the statement "the van that they took" with the emphasis on the word took, as though she thinks this is common knowledge to whomever she is talking to. I felt that it was possibly a van that had been repossessed with her blanket in it.

"I put her to bed…..and…. her blanket and my blanket…my blanket was in the van that they took, so we had a blanket hanging on the window, and I had to wash that and her blanket. Her blanket was…. Like she had peed on her blanket the night before I guess and I was gonna put it on her, but it smelled like pee, so I washed the blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with.and she fell asleep and I come in there and put her blanket on her….."

My take on this statement is that she was recounting the events of the night before and was explaining the bedtime, washing blankets, location of her blanket, other blanket on the window. She is making the statement "the van that they took" with the emphasis on the word took, as though she thinks this is common knowledge to whomever she is talking to. I felt that it was possibly a van that had been repossessed with her blanket in it.

Interesting thought. There's been reference made a time or two to Misty's having been away for three days. I thought her blanket being in the van was associated with that trip, wherever she went, i.e. she'd taken the blanket with her and hadn't brought it back into the house yet. If the van was still there at the time she needed another blanket, would she not have just gone out to the van and gotten it? So I'm thinking "they" is someone other than LE, who would have not taken the van until after the fact.

I think it was suggested as a possibility.

And we do know that Tommy and Lindsy have a minivan. They live around the corner.

Tommy and Lindseys minivan (as taken from Lindseys myspace)
1047534454_m.jpg

IIRC the blanket in the van was Misty's. It was taken away with the van. I still don't know if it was her van or her brother's van that was taken. I think she was referring to LE taking the van along with the contents which was her blanket. But I could be wrong. We know she had family over early in the evening, she may have put the blanket in their van to hang out. The grandmother of Ron said they had family over that Monday and she sent someone over to check on the kids and give them cloths. It is still very confusing.

Not much has been said about the van, but why would LE take it and not list it on the incident report. The only item listed as being taken from the home is 1 CD.

JMO

this van could be huge. why hasn't misty, ron, or ron's mom been asked about it in any of their interviews?

Misty's response to the question of "what happened that night" doesn't make a load of sense. She starts saying she put her to bed and then goes on about the blankets. Her wording of how she starts the sentence "..her blanket and my blanket.. my blanket was in the van.." shows Misty fishing for words to dodge the question in general. "her blanket was... like she had peed on her blanket the night before i guess and i was gonna put it on her.."
Her voice sounds like she's lying during that interview. She's throwing together words randomly about the blankets. No one asked her about blankets, they asked her what happened that night. So instead of saying maybe she made the kids dinner, watched some tv, etc, Misty goes on about blankets. I doubt she was even home.

Misty's response to the question of "what happened that night" doesn't make a load of sense. She starts saying she put her to bed and then goes on about the blankets. Her wording of how she starts the sentence "..her blanket and my blanket.. my blanket was in the van.." shows Misty fishing for words to dodge the question in general. "her blanket was... like she had peed on her blanket the night before i guess and i was gonna put it on her.."
Her voice sounds like she's lying during that interview. She's throwing together words randomly about the blankets. No one asked her about blankets, they asked her what happened that night. So instead of saying maybe she made the kids dinner, watched some tv, etc, Misty goes on about blankets. I doubt she was even home.

IMHO, she launched off into the blanket shuffle story to emphasize that she was certain the back door was locked. The washing machine is located next to the back door...so she was right there by it before going into bed herself. IIRC, she had just responded to a question about whether or not she was certain the door was shut and the light was off and then was asked the follow-up question to which she gave the answer above....

IOW...she *knew* it was shut because she had been right beside it=>
She was right beside it because she was washing Haleigh's blanket after putting Haleigh to bed w/ only a sheet=>
Because Haleigh had peed on her blanket and she couldn't use her (Misty's) blanket=>because it was in the van that they took=>

Now...Misty's blanket being in the van and the van being taken can be two separate things...

IF Misty's blanket was in the B&SIL's van for some reason (say, they went over to B&SIL's house and took blanket and kids fell asleep, but, they forgot to get the blanket outta the van after they carried the kids into the trailer and put them to bed...well...then the van being @ B&SIL's...it being late...maybe it was easier to wash blankets than attempting to get it back that night. That "they took" the van could must mean B&SIL taking the van back home that night...or...it could just be emphasizing that it was in the van that LE took. Regardless...for Misty's story it seems reasonable to speculate she just meant her blanket was left in the van and the van wasn't there @ bedtime.

A missing blanket that may have been traveling with Haleigh the day of her disappearance - and any forensic evidence it may hold - are certainly key for LE.

FWIW I've been listening closely on the pressers for info about the "vehicle seized". This afternoon it was said that the vehicle was a car. Don't really know if car, van, vehicle are interchangeable.

Tonight on Greta - Greta stated that one of the items of interest that was found during the searches (which I thought LE ruled all those items as not related) but one item found was an abandoned car. GVS also said this info came from the Sheriff's office.

So, does this mean LE has TWO vehicles now?

FWIW I've been listening closely on the pressers for info about the "vehicle seized". This afternoon it was said that the vehicle was a car. Don't really know if car, van, vehicle are interchangeable.

Tonight on Greta - Greta stated that one of the items of interest that was found during the searches (which I thought LE ruled all those items as not related) but one item found was an abandoned car. GVS also said this info came from the Sheriff's office.

So, does this mean LE has TWO vehicles now?

I dont think so...I think GVS just gave out a little more info than LE did.

I was looking for an open thread about the van and did not find one Mod's please move as needed.

I have a few questions regarding the van as I feel this van does hold key evidence "IMO", but am puzzled at why LE would release it if it did.

My questions are:
Remember LE was asking neighbors if they heard any type of dinging sound in the MH area that Haleigh lived? Could it be that the van makes a dinging sound when the doors are open?

Also, if they did find anything in the van would they still release it after being impounded, taken to the FDLE’s crime lab in Jacksonville, and analyzed?

And the cousin Joe, LE did say they questioned him and that he has not been ruled out as a suspect. Could he be the one that we should be looking into a bit more? I found some friends on his my-space and one of them seems to be in a gang. Could this be gang related to get back at Ron?

The woman who drives that van is Misty Cummings sister-in-law Chelsea Croslin.
Chelsea Croslin says the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4am when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home. Chelsea Croslin says she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it. “I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”

The day Haleigh went missing, Misty called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van.”

A scratch leading from just behind the driver’s side door handle to the back tire is very visible. Croslin says that scratch was not there the last time she drove it. “The scratch---it runs all the way down the van. That’s something someone would know if you’re riding against something and steadily scratching it.”

All police would say about the van being impounded is that it was taken to the FDLE’s crime lab in Jacksonville, analyzed, then released. They would not comment on any specifics of what was searched, or if anything was found in the van.

Croslin believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member staying with her took the van. Police say they have tracked that man down and questioned him. They also say he has not been ruled out as a suspect.http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back