2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is handling it much better than the A's[/QUOTE]

I think the reason he is handling better is hes not spininng and adding doubt...He has nothing to hide onlike them....they needed to keep hidden the fact their daughter did something to their granddaughter....

Haleighs dad...hes not hiding anything ( to due with her disappearence ...IMO )..he wants his baby found ....hes begged for help and pleded for her to be brought home....he has also told her he loves her and will never give up......something we never once saw from the Anthonys!

FWIW..I dont think anyone here personally feels like they are "owed" info from Ron or anyone else. We are just taking what we are given and running with it. Every angle must be explored to get to the truth.
"It will all come out in the wash" as my Gma used to say.

I agree:) Obviously people want to know. A child is missing. It's very much a double edged sword....

I disagree. The Ramseys and McCanns remained under suspicion forever!!

However, no one was ever charged in either crime, so I am not quite sure what to make of that!

And I am still not so sure about either of those two families either!

I found that when he crossed his arms it was after question about him. What we don't know is if LE has asked him not to speak about certain issues. He clearly is having a difficult time not letting his anger bubble up. I get the impression that Ron knows that he has an anger management issue and he is doing his best to keep that under control.

In a lot of families little boys are taught by example that showing fear or tears is not being a 'real man' but you are allowed to be angry so the tendency is to redirect all emotion to anger.
I know with my own DH, in 30 + years I have seen tears twice and he was embarrassed that he broke down and I saw them. He is not quick to redirect that emotion to anger but gets very quiet and is almost overly calm and very exacting with his words. He also crosses his arms. That has always been my clue that inside he is really torn up but just won't let that show.

A couple of things to put out there about the funeral home and a local motel not providing a room - this is a very small community where it is likely that everyone knows everyone. Taking that into consideration, I don't find it odd that a funeral home would be involved with donations, etc. or whatever they may be doing. I would find that no different than a bank or any other type of business in a town this small helping out. As for a local motel offering a room, again, considering the size of this town, I doubt that there is even a motel there period. I would say the closest motel would probably be in Palatka and if they stayed there, they wouldn't be anywhere near their home.

I missed the news conference but am looking for a link to the video of it....the links on the first page of this thread not working any longer.....any ideas?

And I am still not so sure about either of those two families either!

I know....not sure where I was going with that! I have differing opinions for both those families, so for me don't prove anything!!

Geez, ever find yourself debating yourself?!?!?! :crazy::crazy:

OK, back on topic!

I still think the whole point of the presser was to ask for donations.

:eek: that is NOT a good thing for any children out there. If missing children become about having the public pay for your bills?? I missed that they asked for money. OMG. That is wrong on so many levels.

For paying for a search for your child, YES. For your bills? No, sorry.

He also said it was to help Ron's family as Ron as not been back to work since this happened. He still has bills to pay and keep Rj feed and took care of.
I understand that. My family has been through something similar. Never were my thoughts on asking for donations. From what I have read, the community has been very caring and very giving already. I just worry that people will start viewing missing children as a "get rich quick" scheme.

No, I don't.

Interesting (truly, not sarcastically). But doesn't someone have to be officially 'in charge' of these types of funds and aren't they monitored to make sure that funds are not misappropriated??

ETA: I had no idea that the POINT was to pay bills in his absence from work.....oh my...

A couple of things to put out there about the funeral home and a local motel not providing a room - this is a very small community where it is likely that everyone knows everyone. Taking that into consideration, I don't find it odd that a funeral home would be involved with donations, etc. or whatever they may be doing. I would find that no different than a bank or any other type of business in a town this small helping out. As for a local motel offering a room, again, considering the size of this town, I doubt that there is even a motel there period. I would say the closest motel would probably be in Palatka and if they stayed there, they wouldn't be anywhere near their home.

You'd better believe I'd be in a tent in my front yard...I'd never be able to sleep comfortably/eat/ANYTHING knowing my baby was missing, and possibly not eating, sleeping on the ground, etc. If she wandered up, I'd want to be there. If someone dropped her off, I'd want to be there. If the police found her and brought her home, I'd want to be there. At her home. So she knew that we were NOT moving on without her:)

Anyway, I agree with your post....any local business is probably going to want to help, and that is a small town:)

Ron could be 100% correct............but the problem is he has a daughter missing.
1. he left a 17 yr old in charge of her
2. she has changed her stories many times
3. We hear Ron was in a fight with someone the day before she went missing
4. Misty could of been having an affair with his uncle
5. Misty is once again taken away by LE

Ok folks look the other way / look for Haleigh but forget we have alot of bad baggage following us around & nothing we did has any bearing on the fact my daughter is missing!

MY reaction to the "funeral home"....was about to fall off the couch when they said those words. It took a couple of seconds for them to explain what he was doing there......

There is only one motel in Satsuma. Not sure how many in Palatka. IMO - this has generated ALOT of media coverage and I'm willing to bet the few motels in the area are probably filled with media. This is generating A LOT of revenue for this low-socio economic area. Diners, restaurants, even local bars are probably filled to capacity every day.

I still think the whole point of the presser was to ask for donations.

So whats wrong with that. This is a working man that lost his daughter. We may not agree with or live the lifestyle he lives but his daughter Hayleigh is still missing. The guy seemed genuinely broken up about his daughter being missing and after crying for 9 days he may not have a lot of tears left. They may not be able to afford to go live in a motel, and if it is a rural area there may not be a motel to live in anyway.

The Man from the funeral home said they had folks calling them wanting to help, wanting to donate, wanting to get buttons and shirts. This was meant for the local news watchers, I don't think they realize how many of us from all over the world are watching this too. Dad did mention TES so I say donate to them in her name.

Well, I mean, I hate to say it, but how did people THINK money was coming in while he was out of work? He's not working. He wants to be with his child. Of COURSE the bills are going to pile up. If he were going to work right now, while his child were missing, people would be jumping all over him.

If YOUR child were missing, would you be at work? Would you let your other kids go hungry? Would you let your cell phone get cut off? (I know I wouldn't....I'd want to make sure Haleigh could call if she knew my cell number)

I might be wrong, but I don't think this extended family has financial resources to be able to just help Ron out, because many of THEM are probably missing work, too.

What would you have him do? Hmm?

This isn't as uncommon as people think, and it DID NOT begin with Anthony case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23