ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlinCentralFL

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-021909,0,656748.story

Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writer
2:53 PM EST, February 19, 2009
An ABC producer paid for George Anthony and Cindy Anthony to stay at one of Central Florida's most expensive hotels for three days in December after their missing granddaughter's remains were found, according to newly released testimony.

The couple stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes from Dec. 11 to 14 after Caylee's remains were found near their home. The company that footed the bill is owned by Disney.

The new details were part of an interview of Anthony family private investigator Dominic Casey taken Jan. 7 by Orange County sheriff's Sgt. John Allen and FBI Agent Nick Savage.

George and Cindy dined with Lee Anthony, his girlfriend Mallory Parker, private investigators Dominic Casey and James Hoover and the ABC producer.

At one point, Casey Anthony's attorney Baez joined the group, according to the private investigator's statement. It's unclear who paid for the meal.

Lee Anthony ordered a steak for Baez, who joined them for about a half-hour, the document said. He had just visited Casey Anthony in jail and wanted to speak with the family, Dominic Casey said. The dinner was somber, he said.

-------
Glad to see they all had great appetites and dined in fine style while Caylee's remains were being collected. :rolleyes: I would be so sick at my stomach I couldn't eat a thing, much less leaving my high dollar suite.

George and Cindy dined with Lee Anthony, his girlfriend Mallory Parker, private investigators Dominic Casey and James Hoover and the ABC producer.

At one point, Casey Anthony's attorney Baez joined the group, according to the private investigator's statement. It's unclear who paid for the meal.

Lee Anthony ordered a steak for Baez, who joined them for about a half-hour, the document said. He had just visited Casey Anthony in jail and wanted to speak with the family, Dominic Casey said. The dinner was somber, he said.

-------
Glad to see they all had great appetites and dined in fine style while Caylee's remains were being collected. :rolleyes: I would be so sick at my stomach I couldn't eat a thing.
Also mentioned is that they dined with Michelle Bart and a female producer from ABC, who picked up food tabs as well...

The networks use these things to get around not paying for interviews 'technically'. It's been done many times before. Not necessarily right but if someone cannot afford (for example) to take time off work, hop a plane, stay in a hotel, go out to restaurants but has a story that needs to be told, how else can they do it?

Now in this case, well, I'm holding my tongue because nothing good can come from my comments towards my feelings about the A's as a whole. As there's nothing appropriate about this particular family and their actions.

The A's excepted it and they dined lavishly as Caylee lay rotting in the woods. And people wonder that others have no compassion for them.

It seems that all the A's have gotten nice fringe benefits from Caylee's murder. The only person that deserved all this finery is Caylee.

The A's excepted it and they dined lavishly as Caylee lay rotting in the woods. And people wonder that others have no compassion for them.

It seems that all the A's have gotten nice fringe benefits from Caylee's murder. The only person that deserved all this finery is Caylee.

The A's accepted it? What were they supposed to do when they got off the plane after learning that Caylee's body had been found, they couldn't go home, and someone had booked them into the Ritz? Argue? "No, our beloved granddaughter's remains have just been found, please let us go to a Motel 6."

Do you know that the A's dined lavishly or that they even ate what they ordered? The dinner was described as being very somber, that doesn't sound to me like they were enjoying themselves and whopping it up.

I don't seem to have as big of a problem with this as most people. It doesn't appear to me that they are enjoying the high life. They are probably living in such personal turmoil and torment....just because they were put up in a nice place doesn't mean that it was a vacation.

The A's accepted it? What were they supposed to do when they got off the plane after learning that Caylee's body had been found, they couldn't go home, and someone had booked them into the Ritz? Argue? "No, our beloved granddaughter's remains have just been found, please let us go to a Motel 6."

Do you know that the A's dined lavishly or that they even ate what they ordered? The dinner was described as being very somber, that doesn't sound to me like they were enjoying themselves and whopping it up.

No I do not know that they dined lavishly...my bad.

But what do I expect them to do??????? Not stay at the Ritz on somebody else's dime. They have family in the area, they could have stayed with them.

I do believe they were "whopping it up". IMO they had known for a LONG while that Caylee was dead, murdered by her mother.

I do agree with you, Chilly, about the dinner. I cannot imagine anyone other than non family members were really able to eat. I would guess (and that is all we can do) that GA and CA and LA ate very little and probably had to be coaxed to eat at all.

I know that when going through a very stressful time in my life, my friends would take me out and I would sit and look at the food. My friends would try and coax me to eat to keep up my strength and sipping on soup or nibbling on salad was all I could do. I imagine it was the same for the A's.

I don't seem to have as big of a problem with this as most people. It doesn't appear to me that they are enjoying the high life. They are probably living in such personal turmoil and torment....just because they were put up in a nice place doesn't mean that it was a vacation.

I suspect that they were totally distraught when they got off that plane and were basically led around by the hand without giving any real thought to where they were going or anything at all other than the horrible realization that their granddaughter was dead.

The someone was Michelle Bart- their own spokesman, and a steak dinner was ordered for Jose Baez, that sounds like living it up to me!

The someone was Michelle Bart- their own spokesman, and a steak dinner was ordered for Jose Baez, that sounds like living it up to me!

So your feelings would be different if Baez had ordered fish? :waitasec:

I don't know how I feel about this. I do understand that the Ant's were under extreme stress, turmoil, pain, etc, and I don't begrudge them having a place to stay, or a couple of nice meals in their bellies while their home was being searched after their granddaughter's remains were found, but what's up with so many people joining in for dinner? Did ABC pay for their meals too? I guess it's none of my business...just a curiosity.

I suspect that they were totally distraught when they got off that plane and were basically led around by the hand without giving any real thought to where they were going or anything at all other than the horrible realization that their granddaughter was dead.
If I had just been delivered the news that my granddaughter's body was found, I wouldn't be lawyering up mid-flight, nor would I be enjoying steak dinners and staying in the best hotels money can buy!:snooty::snooty::snooty:

I don't know how I feel about this. I do understand that the Ant's were under extreme stress, turmoil, pain, etc, and I don't begrudge them having a place to stay, or a couple of nice meals in their bellies while their home was being searched after their granddaughter's remains were found, but what's up with so many people joining in for dinner? Did ABC pay for their meals too? I guess it's none of my business...just a curiosity.
Yup! They did.

So you're feelings would be different if Baez had ordered fish? :waitasec:
Are you talking Lobster? I'm thinking McDonald's. The food wouldn't even need to be edible if I just got confirmation of my granddaughter's death.
Come to think of it, the day after my mother suddenly died I had one salad and fast food for dinner- there you go!

Personally, I would have preferred room service so that there never would be a reason for people to question this. Even if their benefactors led them to the dining room, wouldn't it have made more sense to keep things private?

Are you talking Lobster? I'm thinking McDonald's. The food wouldn't even need to be edible if I just got confirmation of my granddaughter's death.

Baez did not get confirmation of his granddaughter's death. What he ate has no bearing whatsoever. What the A's ordered, if they ordered anything, and whether they actually ate is unknown.

So your feelings would be different if Baez had ordered fish? :waitasec:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I guess we'll never know if our feeling would be different...:crazy:

As much as you make me laugh, I still have to say that the A's letting someone foot the bill for them is disgusting. I just don't see where they are entitled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123