Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this is the most logical explanation I’ve heard!
I believe this diary is from ‘03. I doesn’t look like pages were torn out, it looks like glue holding the cover page to the rest of the book. If you look closely at that and the outside cover, it looks pretty crisp too, doesn’t look worn at all. I’d bet that is the only entry she ever made in that book. Then she stuffed it in a drawer where it blended with the rest of her crap & she forgot about it. (I have a teen girl, I know this is how it works, LOL)
If she did write this in ‘08 I can’t imagine why she would leave it laying around to be found. There would have been plenty of time to dispose of it when she was out on bond. If CA knew about it, she would have either: a) turned it over to LE immediately or b) disposed of it immediately. IMO, this diary was written in 03 and means absolutely nothing.

Go to this link and save the pdf to your computer so you can open it to 100%.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

Now that you've done that. Look at the glue on the left side near the spine. You will see paper adhered to the glue. There were pages ripped out of this book. There's nothing to say that when she started her "new life" after she killed Caylee that she didn't rip out the pages that she started in 2003.

Here's a close up. Notice the ink spot on the remnants of the paper right at the spine.

Attachments

• SNAG-0002.jpg
    SNAG-0002.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 60
The first thought when I saw '03, was not the year but 1 gone
and 03 is for KC,mom and dad.

As far as maturity, KC does not have the ability to reach maturity, as we think of it.

Mind Student

Go to this link and save the pdf to your computer so you can open it to 100%.

Now that you've done that. Look at the glue on the left side near the spine. You will see paper adhered to the glue. There were pages ripped out of this book. There's nothing to say that when she started her "new life" after she killed Caylee that she didn't rip out the pages that she started in 2003.

Here's a close up. Notice the ink spot on the remnants of the paper right at the spine.

Thanks for link, that picture is MUCH more clear than the one I was looking at, I can see now where the pages were torn out. I can't see the jpg you attached though, it says I don't have permission to access that page?? :confused:

Thanks for link, that picture is MUCH more clear than the one I was looking at, I can see now where the pages were torn out. I can't see the jpg you attached though, it says I don't have permission to access that page?? :confused:

You need a certain number of posts before you can see attachments so I've uploaded that pic to photobucket and you should be able to see it here. It's just an enlarged section of the bigger photo.

SNAG-0002.jpg

You need a certain number of posts before you can see attachments so I've uploaded that pic to photobucket and you should be able to see it here. It's just an enlarged section of the bigger photo.

SNAG-0002.jpg

Thanks for pic and the help, it ain't easy bein' a newbie!!:)
I see what you mean about the little ink blotch, it looks likes she definitely made this entry after she ripped the pages out. I'm going to have to rethink this one...not sure if it's enough to convince me it's a recent writing...I am thinking about it though!

I for one write differently,It depends on the situation and the mood I am in. I think that it is her hand writing in the diary, and I think that a page at least has been removed. When asked by LE to write down what happened on the day your daughter went missing, and then try to compare that to the writings of someone that is saying they are happy and are looking forward to their future, to me the writings would be different.

I see what you mean about the little ink blotch, it looks likes she definitely made this entry after she ripped the pages out. I'm going to have to rethink this one...not sure if it's enough to convince me it's a recent writing...I am thinking about it though!

I saw something on the History Channel a long time ago about the FBI lab in Quantico. I remember them doing ink analysis and hand writing analysis and even back then I remember them claiming that they could tell how long the ink had been on the paper to within a couple of days and they could tell who manufactured the pen and what batch it came out of.

June 21

--I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.
--This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow.
--I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people.
--I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

The big question, of course, is WHEN did she write that? If she wrote it before June of 2008, it could apply to just about ANYTHING. If she wrote it DURING June of 2008, it might, at least, come into evidence under the auspices of state of mind; otherwise, I doubt it would be admissible. If that can be proven, she'll be toast (she's toast ANYWAY, but this would probably seal the deal).

We all know that Casey will lie, cheat, steal, etc., to get WHATEVER she wants, WHENEVER she wants it. Therefore, the fact that she is obliquely admitting to doing SOMETHING that she's a little worried about wherein the end justifies the means doesn't mean ANYTHING since it could apply to almost every aspect of her life. She had obviously found something that, for the moment, made her happy, but her happiness/unhappiness is mercurial. I think it's downright ABSURD that she trusts her own judgment.

She could be talking about tricking some guy into thinking she's pregnant -- that would be a judgment call and the end (marriage) might justify the means (fake pregnancy) and she might think that would make her very happy. She could be talking about stealing something or getting someone fired or breaking a couple up so that she could horn in. She could have done something nasty to benefit herself and thrown someone else under the bus for it, rationalizing to herself that the other person probably DESERVES to be punished. It kind of boggles the mind as to the possibilities that could be going through her amoral little brain.

Unless it can be PROVEN that it was written after June 16, 2008, it means nothing as far as her trial goes.

The Diary is cut off on the upper left - it could say 03 - but then again that could be a fake date she used or a diary she began writing in that was old. I am sure they can test it to see if the ink is current.

I've pondered that (or the fact that she could have erased part of an 8 to make it a 3), but that doesn't really make sense. If she were going to do something to backdate it because it might be incriminating, then she might as well just rip the pages out and burn them or flush them or even EAT them, not KEEP them and then try to fudge the date.

Did anyone else notice KC misspelled "beginning" on the inside cover? FYI.:)

I've pondered that (or the fact that she could have erased part of an 8 to make it a 3), but that doesn't really make sense. If she were going to do something to backdate it because it might be incriminating, then she might as well just rip the pages out and burn them or flush them or even EAT them, not KEEP them and then try to fudge the date.

Yeah, we were discussing that yesterday. It seems to me KC attempted to get some emotions out after her criminal act in June 2008 and wrote a page in her old diary. She ripped some old pages out. Then, after the s**t hit the fan, she forgot about her diary entry, which is why we're viewing it today. Kiomarie has already pegged her as forgetful, and it's an understatement to say she's had a lot on her plate lately.

I really think it is all going to come down to another lab analysis on this one. We can do all the handwriting comparisons we want, but even if we can prove that KC wrote this, there is no way we can 100% prove WHEN she wrote it. There are too many possibilities because of the '03 on the facing page.

Perhaps they have analyzed the ink, but, even if they did, it will just be 1 of the 100's of "expert" battles that will occur in this trial.

As much as I think the Pros have enough circumstantial evidence to convict, it is still circumstantial evidence that has to stand up to the hired guns the Defense will trot out there.

Exactly. Why photograph it and then release that photo to the public? If it's determined that it's of no use, then why release it to the defense team, and, consequently, the public?

If they thought enough of it to photograph it, then I think that they would've thought enough of it to test it. By releasing that photo yesterday, a large part of the people following this case went nuts. If in fact the age of that entry can be proven...wow. She's freaking toast. Premeditation, lack of remorse, sheer joy over killing and disposing of her daughter, all in one nice, neat, one page little package. Why would the SA risk messing up like that if the journal page meant nothing? Like other posters have said, it could affect the outcome of the trial.

I trust that LE has their reasons for this, and I think that there was testing done. We may not see those results until trial, though. Fine with me. I can wait for something that good.

I can see LE taking the photo because presumably at the time they first saw the diary, they would consider it to be "postential" evidence.

I think the diary page is from 2003. Casey wasn't living at the home on the date in question in 2008------and I can't see her dragging a diary around from one over-nighter to another.

How about they took the picture because it was probative and definitely would have been a HUGE "WTF" if they hadn't taken the picture. I can't find a notation that states it was taken into custody, but I have every assurance that it was.

If they released the picture of THIS page, there is evidentially something worth having given it to the defense to see.

When I first heard this a couple days ago on Nancy Grace (who dishonestly did not mention the '03, as many websites have deceptively cropped the photo to exclude it) I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open that she would be SO stupid as to put her cold blooded thoughts in writing at that time. and feeling sick at the heartlessness. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe that's why Baez had to check into the hospital....maybe his client neglected to tell the defense about this diary and he had just found out."

But but but..... when I wrote on YouTube about how damning it was, someone else mentioned the ' 03 date and I found that photo where it is clearly '03.

I think it is not reasonable to assume that was her way of numbering pages. Who writes a page number with an apostrophe? And the idea that it was really from '08 but she wrote '03 just as a blind? IMO that's grasping at straws because we'd desperately like this to be evidence. If she thought it was so incriminating why not just get rid of the pages? Rip them out and burn them.

So I now think that it was very probably written in 2003. I imagine LE took this because IF there were any chance it was actually from 2008, the combination of that date and those words made it way too damning not to confiscate it and do an analysis of the ink to see if they can tell how long ago it was written, and if there are more pages, to see if she mentions people events etc. that give a clue to the year. Also the officer who took it may have had instructions to seize any of her journals they found.

Some have said this is not the sort of thing a teenager would write. I disagree. This is similar to things I wrote at around age 15-17, and so did friends of mine (we occasionally showed each other our journals) . What could the decision she refers to be? Maybe to stop hanging out with some old friends she now found negative, to dump an old boyfriend for a new one (maybe involving some kind of deception to get a new boyfriend, like lying that his current gf was cheating on him).....maybe to cheat on an exam, with the "end" maybe being that she would have a better chance to get into college or something, maybe to become sexually active..... could be a lot of things that a 16 year old would see as maybe life-changing decisions they were a little worried about.

If she tore out pages it probably was from Jan-June 2003, and was from whatever version of herself she thought she was leaving behind -- like if it had been all about a relationship that was ending.

(Speaking of relationships, if it was from June 2008, I would bet she mentioned Tony. She was so infatuated she was practicing her signature with his last name as if she were married to him. )
But, I must admit I doubt it's from 2008. The question also would arise, how did the journal get back into this box in her room at her folks' house? and Diane had a pretty good point, that in recent years Casey seemed more into keeping her thoughts in digital format.
Well, we shall see. But I have been disgusted at the way the media is misleading people into thinking this is definitely 2008 when there is such a clear indication that it really may not be.

Conspiracy theories are not good cans of worms to open.
The annoying thing is that a few seconds with the actual diary and anybody could probably tell what all the answers are? In which case LE know, yet they still released that photo. Could be just to give JB something to think about, or maybe Yuri has a sense of humour and did it just for WS?

Hercule: While I would bet Detective Melich has a good sense of humor, I don't think he had anything to do with releasing the photo. It is the SA that decides what is released when not thw OCSO. Once they do the reports, etc. they hand it all over to the SA's office. All discovery and sunshine law requests are handled through them, not the OCSO. I am 99% sure what I have said is correct, can anyone else support this info and make me 100% sure?

Apologies if this has already been pointed out but I found a good link to a very englarged version of this diary (page one is the page with '03 on it and page two is the entry).

First of all, it's pretty evident that a large chunk of the diary has been torn out in the middle. This signifies a couple of things to me.

One, it was much later that the entry was written than the page with '03 on it.

Two, it signifies to me that she is "starting a new page" in her life - she's torn out all of the old stuff - just like she deleted a bunch of photos as well. She is basically dumping (literally and figuratively) anything related to her old life while she makes a completely new life for herself.

Third - notice that the page with '03 looks like a Title page of sorts - like a lining page (title page of sorts) that you have at the beginning of a diary before you get to the actual entries. There are lines and a faint watermark type graphic design on the page with her entry - completely different type of page than the first page with the date on it. Often times people will write something significant with a date that kind of sets the theme or tone of the diary at the beginning. That's what I think we are seeing when we look at the page with the '03 on it.

The last thing is the writing - I'm sorry but this writing looks too mature/sophisticated for me to believe that it was written when she was still in high school. I'm just not buying it. I kept several diaries during my high school years and the writing definitely looks more childish than the way I write now.

It's possible KC kept the '03 in there as a means of deception. I think that writing that entry in her diary is a way for her to acknowledge out loud what has happened but is vague enough to be interpreted in various ways. I've written entries like that myself when I was concerned my mom was going to peek in my diary. It's a kind of veiled release, don't know how else to describe it. And as far as the ink goes, okay, so both pages are red. It's fairly easy to find red ink. It's not like it's a particular shade of purple or teal or something...

Finally, I don't see why it is so implausible that she could have written this entry on June 21 just because she was at AL's residence. She could have left this in the car and for all we know, CA might have taken it into the house with the other items and didn't think it would hold anything significant for LE. Further, we don't know that one of the people who visited KC when she was out of jail didn't return it to her. I simply don't think we have enough evidence to say that she couldn't have written this in June of '08.

(emphasis added)

a_wow.gif

Great blow up of diary; best I've seen, thanks! I was persuaded by those who thought it could be glue there but no more.

Even better post. ITA. I hope others take heed of your last line and don't become too entrenched in one view or the other. It really could be either way. KC probably wrote it, imo, as a confession which is what we all tend to be psychologically programmed to do. She may have also been trying to organize her thoughts; justify her actions to herself, the only person about whom she cares a whit. She needed to get this off of her chest. I agree with others that imo she sounds triumphant. I also think it's possible she deliberately wrote '03 not to throw off LE, about whom she had no thoughts at that time, but to throw off her mother, who went through her things.

I have two basic reasons for thinking it may be more likely to be an '08 entry.

1. LE are trained investigators. I think they would have noticed that '03 on the left immediately. I have no reason to believe they photographed every page of every book or every loose paper in that room. And yet they took the time to photograph this one. As Poirot points out, LE already knows the significance of this, if any. Of course, perhaps they included it on the off chance it was written in '08 but have since determined it was '03.

I really don't think they're playing games with it; trying to manipulate anything. Ready for this, Chezire? It was the state that wanted a gag order and didn't want any of this released. It was the defense that argued against it. To my mind, that puts the pin in that theory balloon.
tht22656804-1.jpg

2. I don't believe that journal sat in a bedside drawer for five years. As some have pointed out, that room was cramped and cluttered with all of KC's things. Storage space was at a premium. She had lots of things stored in closets or shelves out of the way and would have put this there at some time over the course of five long years.

And I have two points to counter those that believe the diary would have certainly been destroyed, had that been an '08 entry.

1. Some put little weight on the fact that KC had no reason to destroy it prior to July 15, when LE was called. Almost a month had passed. She is not smart. IMO, she's actually very not smart. She may very well have forgotten this entry. She may have been 'under the influence' when she wrote it and forgot the next day. Memory is not one of KC's strong suits either, imo. And then once LE was called, she had her little mind working feverishly on other things.

I don't think we know enough to know where that book was and when it was there. I also don't think we know when/if this book was taken into evidence. It could have been on July 15, or July 16, 2008. If that's the case, she had no opportunity to alter it, once it became a problem.

If it wasn't taken into evidence early, and if she remembered it when released from jail, in between days at attorney's office, dealing with the 'rents, Amy's and other visits, keeping up her charades, writing to Dakota and others, dealing with protesters outside her home and the combat between them and her parents, she may have felt unable to dispose of it, what with folks going through her trash and all. Oh yeah, and that whole female bodyguard watching her every move thing. (Sure, she could have flushed it, etc. but we're thinking people; she's not.) But I truly think she just never gave it another thought, like so many other instances in her life. She had other things to think about. You know, like getting TonE's number.

2. Cell pings, schmell pings. Where KC was on June 21, 2008 makes no difference to me. That book was not large and KC often had a bag of things with her. (I don't, but some other posters recall TL stating he saw her writing in a journal.) She had quite an assortment of things with her at TL's and in her vehicle.

KN_TEE111411121211121112.gif

I don't think you should be convinced it's a recent writing. We don't have enough evidence to show that, imo. However, posters have certainly posted persuasively and logically enough for me to keep an open mind to it; to not just assume it is 2003 and the end of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant