LA LA - Eleanor Parker, 18, East Baton Rouge, 10 Nov 1981

Richard

Reaction score
This case is now 25 years old.
------------------------------------------------------------
Eleanor C. Parker
Missing since November 10, 1981 from East Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: December 6, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Maroon colored plaid skirt, maroon colored blouse, maroon colored blazer and maroon colored suede boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Parker was last seen November 10, 1981 in East Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
She worked as a clerk at Goudchaux's and had recently moved into an apartment with three other women. She planned to attend LSU in the spring.

The day she vanished, Parker had stopped by her parents' Southdowns home to pick up some winter clothes. After a brief visit, she tossed the clothes on the seat of her car and drove off in the direction of her apartment. She hasn't been seen since.

A week later, her car was found at North and North 17th streets. Her clothes now were neatly folded in the trunk.

Authorities interviewed hundreds of people and a $10,000 reward was offered for information to no avail. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Baton Rouge Police Department
Sgt. Candy Graham
225-389-8617
OR
225-389-3844 2
E-Mail cgraham@brgov.com

Agency Case Number: 83799-81
NCIC Number: N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
The Advocate
The Doe Network: Case File 1358DFLA

LINK:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1358dfla.html

Her car was found parked near her job, which makes me think that she either was working the day she disappeared or had stopped by for some reason. If this was not truly random and she was not abducted off the street in between the car and the store, it suggests to me that it was a co-worker or someone who was in the store when she stopped by...

Hello, I am a brand new member. Eleanor is the sister of my sister-in laws husband. Something not mentioned in any of the websites that I've visited was at the time she went missing, it was learned that Eleanor had stopped at a 7-11 on her way home to cash a small personal check. I always thought that it was at this point when she was abducted. Richard mentions her car was found near her job, and it was. The general thinking was that someone was stalking her at her job, but not necessarily someone she knew. There was also a knife found in the back seat of her car, but no signs of blood were found on it. One would think that with the technological advances since then, they would have run more test on that knife. I have also noticed in several missing persons sites where Derick Todd Lee may have been involved in her case. If he'd been killing women since that time, there is no telling how many missing persons this monster is responsible for.

Hello, I am a brand new member. Eleanor is the sister of my sister-in laws husband. Something not mentioned in any of the websites that I've visited was at the time she went missing, it was learned that Eleanor had stopped at a 7-11 on her way home to cash a small personal check. I always thought that it was at this point when she was abducted. Richard mentions her car was found near her job, and it was. The general thinking was that someone was stalking her at her job, but not necessarily someone she knew. There was also a knife found in the back seat of her car, but no signs of blood were found on it. One would think that with the technological advances since then, they would have run more test on that knife. I have also noticed in several missing persons sites where Derick Todd Lee may have been involved in her case. If he'd been killing women since that time, there is no telling how many missing persons this monster is responsible for.

Welcome to Websleuths. I have followed the missing/murdered cases in Louisiana for years. At the time of Derrick Todd Lee there were at least 2 serials operating at the same. I have always thought there were others just not named or caught. Although Eleanor does resemble the type of victim Lee murdered I wonder if he was too young at the time to have been the culprit. Edited to add....Lee would have been 13 years old at the time of Eleanor's disappearance.

Yes 13 is just a little young even for DTL. At the time she went missing, and for a couple years following there were many suspects, even Henry Lee Lucas, who was thought to be in Louisiana during at or near the time she went missing, but none of them panned out.

Yes 13 is just a little young even for DTL. At the time she went missing, and for a couple years following there were many suspects, even Henry Lee Lucas, who was thought to be in Louisiana during at or near the time she went missing, but none of them panned out.

Honestly, I think it is a home grown variety serial killer. If you look at the Houma killer Domingue (sp) who had 21 or 22 kills before he was arrested and it took at least 10-12 before LE would acknowledge a serial then you have to wonder how much isn't brought to the surface. I remember during the DTL onslaught looking at the number of missing and murdered women and was horrified. I believe the number was 62. Baton Rouge and the south Louisiana area doesn't warrant that many murders as compared to other areas with populations similar.

I lived there when she disappeared. She was born a little before me so I remember when it happened. Her car being found by Goudchaux's was odd because after she stopped at her parents house for clothing, she was headed to her new apartment off Gardere lane. This is in a direct opposite direction from where her car was found. At this time DTL was just beginning his career as a peeping Tom. IIRC, there were no prints found in her car and this was before DNA. I wonder if they have re-visited this case using updated technology?

Concernedperson, the BRPD knew of the existance of at least one SK in 1991. They hid the existance from the public until DTL's existance could no longer be hidden. At least ten years. They also hid Sean Vincent Gillis. DTL's case is probably used as a case study on how not to handle the public and media relations. BRPD did such a poor job that the Chief, Pat Englade, resigned soon after DTL's capture. Interesting that the lead detective in the 90's that helped hide the case is now the sherrif there. There are at least one and probably two still operating there. Eleanor Parker would have been before all of their times. I would be curious to see any kind of updates and see her family get some closure.

I lived there when she disappeared. She was born a little before me so I remember when it happened. Her car being found by Goudchaux's was odd because after she stopped at her parents house for clothing, she was headed to her new apartment off Gardere lane. This is in a direct opposite direction from where her car was found. At this time DTL was just beginning his career as a peeping Tom. IIRC, there were no prints found in her car and this was before DNA. I wonder if they have re-visited this case using updated technology?

Concernedperson, the BRPD knew of the existance of at least one SK in 1991. They hid the existance from the public until DTL's existance could no longer be hidden. At least ten years. They also hid Sean Vincent Gillis. DTL's case is probably used as a case study on how not to handle the public and media relations. BRPD did such a poor job that the Chief, Pat Englade, resigned soon after DTL's capture. Interesting that the lead detective in the 90's that helped hide the case is now the sherrif there. There are at least one and probably two still operating there. Eleanor Parker would have been before all of their times. I would be curious to see any kind of updates and see her family get some closure.

I wish they would revisit this case but I find it unlikely knowing how LE operates in the area. I remember when Englade resigned...that was a good day for all of us who followed DTL' spree. Didn't know that about the new sheriff.

Have you noticed the other serial type killings in Jennings? Check out the thread in Crimes In The News. Same song different location.

I wish they would revisit this case but I find it unlikely knowing how LE operates in the area. I remember when Englade resigned...that was a good day for all of us who followed DTL' spree. Didn't know that about the new sheriff.

Have you noticed the other serial type killings in Jennings? Check out the thread in Crimes In The News. Same song different location.

Englade cried like a baby and said how proficient he was at his resignation speech. I wanted to give him something to cry about. :)

Been reading up some on Jennings and posting a bit in a few places. I am trying real hard to hope it is the same song and not a more sinister one. Same song is bad enough.

10 November 2011 will mark the 30 year anniversary of Eleanor going missing.

Whoa this was five years before I was born, but was Gardere ln completely different back then? I cant imagine letting my daughter live there.

I think it was different back then. Nothing like it is now. I think a lot of college students lived on or near Gardere then.

JMO

I wonder if there has been any update in this case? I live in Baton Rouge, and it's just shocking to see how many murders from 1980s-90s go unsolved.

I'm not from Louisiana but I've always found it a special place and Baton Rouge might be it's most quintessential city. Still, when I'm there, I can sense a dark side lurking beneath the friendly surface.

This seems to be one of those forgotten Cold Cases That should have been solved and might still be solvable if all evidence was retained and sufficient resources are devoted. I suspect that the killer was someone she knew and trusted and very likely someone whose name came up in the investigation.

Abandoning a victim's near her place of employment (when she has no other ties to the area) would mean that either the perp has ties to the place of employment or he wants Law Enforcement to believe he does. (I'm guessing the later). Some stranger abducting her in a parking lot is unlikely to put any effort into concealing the body and would have reason to dump the car near her workplace.

Never even heard of Derrick Lee Todd. Does Eleanor still have family looking for her?

I somehow had never came across this case before. I'm hoping Eleanor's family finds our what happened to her.

I don't know if this could have any connection. I lived in the Southdown neighborhood at this time. I presume that she worked at the Goudchaux's store at 1500 Main St. At this time in the Southdown's neighborhood, there was a man who was breaking/entering homes and assaulting women. Each time he got more aggressive. He wore a mask and became known as the Gorilla Masked Man. Citizens were calling in any strange car that was parked along the street. Most of the calls were reporting undercover cops. The guy was only hitting homes in Southdown's there was a sketch done and before long, he was identified. The guy ended up being the neighbor to my best friend. The neighborhood had yearly Halloween Block Park and he always wore the mask except that year. He lived on the street that Bolton's Drugstore at the Perkins Road Overpass.

I wanted to add that I don't know the arrest date of the Gorilla Masked man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back