2009.02.21 Geraldo at Large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all good. I made that statement because we haven't seen any court papers dealing with support on "this other child". I honestly don't think he is doing anything to support it. He has (somewhat) admitted that he has another child - he said "possibly" - so that leads me to believe he does. Whether or not paternity has been established by testing we don't know. Maybe the other 17 yr old just doesn't have the money for the test.

So we have no facts. This is an allegation based on rumor and supposition at this point.

No,she doesn't have any room to talk,I saw the pics,also.I think it's going to be a real battle for RJ,poor little guy.Hopefully this will force somebody to get thier life straight and away from drugs.

I'd like to know where that picture came from? Is it a picture CS took? If so and she suspected abuse, did she take it to DCF? Did she file a report...anything? I mean if she has an actual photo that could prove Ron was abusing Haleigh and doesn't do anything with it until she can flash it on Geraldo doesn't make her look good to me at all.

I personally believe her mother is pushing her some. She seems pretty angry with RC and seems to like being on TV. I found it very interesting that CS said more than once that she knew Ron loved Haleigh. I bet Gma never would have said that, even if she knew it to be true.

Good question. I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the picture was taken by Ron or someone on the paternal side.

You might want to consider that she was sedated.

Crystal was 'sedated' and Ron was 'on something' or 'high'

What a difference word use makes when perhaps talking about the same thing.

Its all good. I made that statement because we haven't seen any court papers dealing with support on "this other child". I honestly don't think he is doing anything to support it. He has (somewhat) admitted that he has another child - he said "possibly" - so that leads me to believe he does. Whether or not paternity has been established by testing we don't know. Maybe the other 17 yr old just doesn't have the money for the test.

Thanks for not taking offense Swag, the thread tonight is getting heated :) but that's all good too!

I just wanted to add that if the 17 yr old doesn't have the money for a paternity test the state will pay for it if she applies for state aid for the child. At least that's how it's been in every state I have lived in so far (I get drug around a lot following this man 'o mine because he's in the military, where he goes I follow:))

I know I sound really angry and I am...I admit it! I am angry because I was so relieved to see them acting like decent people for Rj's sake the day before his 4th birthday. The photos of Ronald with Crystal and Misty both hugging and crying together. To me, this was such a good sign and so healthy for Rj. Tonight just ruined it all. Bless his little heart. He needs them all so very badly right now and they just failed him miserably. So does Haleigh!! Can you even imagine how this would hurt her if she were being allowed to watch this? OMG!

So we have no facts. This is an allegation based on rumor and supposition at this point.

Misty said it in an interview when asked how she met RC.When asked this week about another child he said possibly.Now,he could have said that,because he doesn't want to drag another family into this.Actually come to think of it,if a child was taken because of a payback,he wouldn't want that child harmed.

It is sad the bio mom's family are getting the exact reaction they set this up to receive. I have no doubt this was their plan and from the response here...people are buying right into it even if some of what they said was clearly shown not to be true at the end of the show! Sheesh!

exactly. they have been building up to this moment from the first day they got there.

Naw...that excuse only works when explaining why Ron sounded stoned tonight from what I'm reading.....:rolleyes: I guess the video with Ron pulling Crystal up from the ground at the vigil...no one remembers that. But it is amusing watching the reaction all this got. And the attention was needed, nothing else was moving.

As for all this custody talk. This is a personal experience. I have a married friend. Her DH had kids from a previous marriage. YEARS AGO (at least 15 now). His ex kept hauling him into court. This took place in a VERY SMALL town in North Florida. He was never asking for custody - it was all over money and how much. They (my friends) had called CPS in - social worker went to home - both ex and new hubby admitted to pot use but social worker said as long as it wasn't happening in front of the children they wouldn't do anything - home was a horrible mess, kids dirty, dog "droppings" in the house, etc. They had to keep traveling up there to court for all the hearings. And - I KID YOU NOT - my gf's income was figured into the worksheet they use when figuring out how much the father should pay. Their atty argued and argued - why should SHE be held accountable to pay for children she didn't give birth to? It wasn't that they were using her income to figure out his share of their housing and bills - NOPE - her income was figured just as if those children were hers!! It was a mess. Come to find out - ex's daddy was real buddy buddy with the judge in the case - remember I said small town. They eventually gave up and just paid it - now both kids are grown. It like to have broke them back then.

So, with this case knowing RC's rap sheet and all, and the fact we have yet to "dig up" any drug charges against bio-mom (not saying there aren't - just we haven't found them) I'm leaning (using this personal experience) to the fact that dad's side had some kinda in with the courts. How else would someone with his record EVER have gotten custody? KWIM?

So because she just had a new baby, does that make the other two she has less important to feed and cloth?

Well,if he was still a drug dealer,he wouldn't need her money,he would be making alot on his own.I feel that no matter who is paying child support if both parents are decent parents and good to thier children,they should have equal visitation,unless they have an agreement otherwise.She was paying $300+ a month,only seeing them four days a month and with her child support she was paying to feed another kid taking care of her kids.She just had a baby,probably why she was behind in child support,she was paying it before.

No,she doesn't have any room to talk,I saw the pics,also.I think it's going to be a real battle for RJ,poor little guy.Hopefully this will force somebody to get thier life straight and away from drugs.

Anyone get screenshots of those pics, they probably will be gone soon.

Gotta go, coming on again in 10 min on east coast, don't want to miss it this time.

Just a thought, but it could be she has so much resentment toward RC that it's been passed on to the children she had with him. I've seen it happen. MOO

It is called hostile agressive parenting, also parent alienation syndrome.

I'll agree on that neither parent is a saint. But its all we got to work with right now.

and Id like to say, just because a child looks well dressed & fed....doesnt mean they are in the best of circumstances. Verbal, mental, emotional & sexual abuse can be just as damaging as physical. Its a known fact...I read it many times over on the bullitan board at my local Domestic Violence shelter.

sort off topic...have anyone here heard or seen whats called the Domestic Violence Wheel??? It's very helpful to recognise verbal abuse.

http://www.turningpointservices.org/Domestic Violence - Power and Control Wheel.htm

Thanks for the link lawgirl...I haven't seen this recently and this is a good handout.

You know what Tori2 that's a very good point. We have become a known as a paxil nation. Not throwing names out there, it's accurate. Sedation/anti-depressives/anti-anxiety meds are being prescribed at record rates since 2001.

I'm going to go in the livingroom and make Big Daddy watch it with me. Even if it's through his eyelids <sigh> I'll see if I catch anything.
Thanks. It just seemed like he changed what he was saying in midstream. I sort of thought he may have had a few beers so maybe nothing. I know if I was sitting there waiting like he is, alcohol would be my best friend.

Crystal was 'sedated' and Ron was 'on something' or 'high'

What a difference word use makes when perhaps talking about the same thing.
:waitasec: Everyone is sedated except me. Now who has the liquor?! OMG! Geraldo has driven me to drink!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member