Casey's desire to have a casket and a burial stone for Caylee...

magic-cat

Mother to Many
Reaction score
Website
www.thedistryct.com
It hit me like a ton of bricks while I was NOT thinking about the case that Casey stated specifically that she wanted Caylee buried in a casket and she wanted there to be a gravestone so she could visit her grave someday.

Then I thought about the, perhaps, makeshift "casket" that she made for her in the vinyl laundry tote and then also about the PI, D. Casey searching for groupings of 3 pavers or stones, as if Casey had set this up as a makeshift gravestone.

Does her statement scream out that she wanted to place Caylee in a casket like she did NOT do when she disposed of her where she did, and to have a REAL gravestone in place of the makeshift one that she might have set up? In making that statement is it another "consciousness of guilt" type scenario. I mean, she had to have felt pretty strongly about it to force JB to even make the statement on her behalf...:waitasec:

I just wonder since she made her own "wrapping" and "casket" and maybe marked it with stones, if her statement is indicative of consciousness of guilt over throwing her daughter out in the woods like that, to be scattered to the winds by flooding and animals...

Very interesting!

I think there is an interesting bit of psychology to be found in the request. You'd think they'd WANT to push to have her cremated, to destroy any possible evidence that could be taken from the remains.

Maybe it's what you said. Maybe she does regret the makeshift casket and headstone.

To take it one step farther, is it because she feels bad about the condition to which Caylee disintegrated, or is it because she wants a "pretty" headstone and and a picturesque gravesite?

Even if she never really cared about Caylee, I bet she had her dressed cutely and hair brushed and sunglasses on because Caylee was a reflection of her and she wanted to show her off.

Her grave, in her eyes, shouldn't be any different. I think she still pictures herself getting out of jail, going to a princess grave, and being the picture of a beautiful grieving mother.

You know those weird thoughts you sometimes have about wanting to read your own obituary? I think KC might be feeling that by proxy, and it's killing her that she can't be a part of the 'festivities.'

Very interesting!

I think there is an interesting bit of psychology to be found in the request. You'd think they'd WANT to push to have her cremated, to destroy any possible evidence that could be taken from the remains.

Maybe it's what you said. Maybe she does regret the makeshift casket and headstone.

To take it one step farther, is it because she feels bad about the condition to which Caylee disintegrated, or is it because she wants a "pretty" headstone and and a picturesque gravesite?

Even if she never really cared about Caylee, I bet she had her dressed cutely and hair brushed and sunglasses on because Caylee was a reflection of her and she wanted to show her off.

Her grave, in her eyes, shouldn't be any different. I think she still pictures herself getting out of jail, going to a princess grave, and being the picture of a beautiful grieving mother.

You know those weird thoughts you sometimes have about wanting to read your own obituary? I think KC might be feeling that by proxy, and it's killing her that she can't be a part of the 'festivities.'
Actually not a wierd idea at all if you've seen River Rat's avatar of Patsey Ramsey at JB's gravesite.

It could very well be as you all are hypothesizing. But it could also be a type of manipulation. KC might not actually care about what happened to the remains. When I first heard what she said, my thought was surprise that she even considered that she would ever get out of prison to see that gravesite. And I couldn't see her caring, if she wasn't going to get to see it.

But by protesting she has a way of guilting out her parents. And that means they might might fall over backwards to try to appease her. If she has been communicating with her parents as we suspect she has, through letters and computer she could have made her objections known like that. But she went public. I think that was supposed to tell her parents how angry she was.

Or it could have been a defense ploy, trying to gain a little sympathy for his client. After all, we only have one person's word for it that she even said that.

Actually not a wierd idea at all if you've seen River Rat's avatar of Patsey Ramsey at JB's gravesite.

I shall go seek that out now!

Ah. Yes, just like that, lol. Creepae.

Casey envisions herself being free in the future. She wants a pretty, picturesque backdrop (headstone/ cemetary) where she can play her much sought-after role of young, grieving, martyred mother. I think she's looking forward to photo opp's.

In the jailhouse visits with her parents, Casey seemed to express resentment toward Cindy for Cindy's new-found 'celebrity' status. ( I'm thinking of the 'PEOPLE' magazine article she mentioned, in particular). I think Casey feels Cindy has usurped the role that Casey intended for herself. Even with the public memorial - Casey would have been all for it, if Casey could have been the 'star' of the 'show'. IMO.

Ive actually written this in a couple of threads (which I can not remember where now!) about Mothers that kill (be it accident rage or murder) they will keep their *babies* close , they will put them in a womb type scenario either water or wrapping them, they will put fav things in with them or do other things (like the heart sticker)

Casey is SO twisted that nothing is ever as it SEEMS to be...although sometimes, I think she foresees that everyone is going to assume she means the opposite of what she says and so actually will say what she REALLY means just to keep the entire guessing population off-balance...

But in this instance, I think of the things she "might" have done...
A rock arrangement for a "Headstone"
A vinyl LINED canvas Laundry bag for a "Casket"
A Winnie the Pooh blanket for the "lining inside the casket"
A tattoo memorializing the fact she had been set free from what she left at the "gravesite"
Maybe even a "scrapbooking sheet" as a "Funeral" complete with matching heart shaped sticker on the duct taped mouth!

Might have indicated a consciousness of guilt and could be another strike against her...

UGH!!!

Trying to figure her out is maddening isn't it?

Ive actually written this in a couple of threads (which I can not remember where now!) about Mothers that kill (be it accident rage or murder) they will keep their *babies* close , they will put them in a womb type scenario either water or wrapping them, they will put fav things in with them or do other things (like the heart sticker)

You know what I have wondered Jane? If she may have come across that info somewhere in all of her vast internet wanderings and did that on purpose to make it LOOK like she HAD feelings of any kind for Caylee...

I personally think she felt nothing for that kid but that she was a pretty possession that began to complicate her life so she discarded "it". Unfortunately, "it" was Caylee...

I think she visited the site often. I read in the doc dump that there was a blanket beneath the bags (?) is that correct...I was surprised. So IMO, Magic-cat is right-on about her theory. My original thoughts when this case broke, was that Casey buried her in a beautiful location....well that was wrong but the idea was right. Casey sees herself as the martyr because her "beautiful" daughter has died. I bet that she is mad because she has no place (in her mind) to picture where Caylee's body is.

Remember that pink blanket that D. Casey picked up in one of the videos they took when they were searching that area? I noticed in the docs there was reference to a blanket found some distance away-cannot recall exactly-maybe 20 feet plus? and they said it appeared to be pink in color...I wonder if THAT blanket was also from their home and was perhaps what she put over top of the bags inside of the laundry tote to hide them?

I also think you are right that she went by that location, perhaps during her jogs, just to keep a check and make sure some animal had not dragged Caylee out in the street! I despise that woman!

she wants to be able to go back to that gravesite to gloat over what she did .. her final act of revenge to cindy

We will never have all of the answers to all of the "whys" in this case. KC has done a wonderful job at confusing people of all ages from all walks of life, hasn't she? I am sure that the Trial will bring answers to some of our questions but we will never stop wondering about this very attractive 22 year old mother who killed her beautiful 2 & 1/2 year old daughter, seemingly for spite, stole from friends and family, lied to everyone who crossed her path, including LE, and ruined lives as she carried out her plan. If KC got out of jail on some technicality tomorrow, do you think she would act one bit like she was sorry for anything that she has done or do you think she would seize the day and enjoy a movie, a home cooked meal, the comfort of her own bed and family, all the while plotting the rest of her life and whatever needs to be done to get what she wants? I am glad that LE has done the fine job that they have done so that this can't happen, aren't you?

Maybe it is just wishful thinking for justice but maybe KC is thinking if the Death Penalty goes back on the table in her own narcissistic way that SHE wants to be buried and SHE wants a headstone. Yeah, it is wishful thinking. I am for her serving the same fate as Caylee. Alone, scared and forsaken by the one person who was supposed to care most.

But in reality (forgive me, I like La-La land sometimes!) I think it was a power ploy between her and the Anthony's and JB in his lawyer way thought it may actually make her sound human to say this. Backfired. All her complaining makes her sound exactly as self centered as she always was.

Considering the constant tug-o-war between Cindy and Casey, it is possibly just another game between those two harridans. Cindy probably suggested cremation to Casey via the Baez tin can hotline so Casey immediately took an opposite position.

Cindy got her way this time but so did Casey in a way because Casey loves to show the world how "horrible" her mother is.

I fail to believe that Casey gives a good g.d. about a headstone for Caylee since she felt a canvas sack and two trash bags made a good enough coffin for her child.

I love psychology. :D While I don't think I will ever understand killing one's own child, I understand why women often put the child in water...it's similar to the womb. I also understand putting loved items with the child, etc. to offer a sense of "comfort". I DO NOT understand throwing a precious child away like trash.

IMO, she wants a monument because she still views herself as the victim. Caylee was just collateral damage. :(

ETA: After reading other posts, ITA with the "CONTROL" issue, too. Her lies, silence, and insisting on a burial are all ways for her to exact control over everyone else (or, at least, an attempt).

It strikes me as just a weak attempt to appear to be a decent mother.

JB was probably trying to draw her out on the subject of a statement, and that's all she could come up with.

It strikes me as just a weak attempt to appear to be a decent mother.

JB was probably drying to draw her out on the subject of a statement, and that's all she could come up with.

I've seldom read a thread where all the ideas posted were so plausible ! But this one seems to me to be right on the money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back