Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three questions about Lee's deposition tomorrow.

1. Does anyone know if any of the stations will be covering it ?

2. What are the legal repercussions if he walks off in a huff ? Isn't that contempt ? :waitasec: Can he be arrested ? (Please, please, please let him be arrested !!)

3. Shouldn't his attorney have filed a motion to prevent the media from appearing BEFORE the deposition ? :bang:

TIA I'm disheartened at what the As are getting away with... :mad:

1. I bet they will be-- I have no info but I can't imagine they won't.
2. Yes I think this would be contempt-- it's my understanding these depositions are occurring before a judge-- so each attorney can object to specific questions and the judge will rule on each objection and either sustain Luka's objection (Lee doesn't have to answer) or overrule the objection (Lee does have to answer and a refusal would be contempt of court, IMO)
3. Shouldn't his attorney have filed a motion to prevent the media from appearing BEFORE the deposition ? :bang:
IMO, YES DEFINITELY.

I don't understand why this is taking the shape it is. It's all very strange.
IMO -- and like you pointed out-- they should have already had the hearing about media presence at the depo before the depo is scheduled to occur.

I think the Judge should bar the media from being present during the depo. The depo will be taped and then submitted as discovery. If there are reasons to seal or keep private certain aspects of the depo, the deponent's atty can file a motion to seal those parts of the depo or the entire tape. The judge will consider the motion and rule accordingly.

The appropriate segments (or even the whole thing) can then be released to the public like everything else. I do think it makes sense to put a barrier between instant media broadcast and the deposition process itself. The problem is, IMO, that the A's lawyers failed to file the correct motions at the correct time and now everything is happening backwards and inside out. I remember John Morgan even telling the A attorneys to file this motion for protective order over a month ago on Nancy Grace-- he like spoon-fed it to them??? STRANGE!

Lee's lawyer said if the press was there the depo was off. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand this at all!!
It's my understanding that media presence during depositions in FL = standard and routine procedure. Correct??

The only way Luka can change that standard and routine procedure is by successfully filing a motion to change the standard procedure.

This is like saying you're only going to answer questions if you feel the chair is comfortable when you sit down to give your deposition. If it's uncomfortable then you're just going to have to leave-- sorry!:waitasec: SO WEIRD.

Any news on Lee this morning? His deposition is scheduled to take place in half an hour?

1. I bet they will be-- I have no info but I can't imagine they won't.
2. Yes I think this would be contempt-- it's my understanding these depositions are occurring before a judge-- so each attorney can object to specific questions and the judge will rule on each objection and either sustain Luka's objection (Lee doesn't have to answer) or overrule the objection (Lee does have to answer and a refusal would be contempt of court, IMO)
IMO, YES DEFINITELY.

I don't understand why this is taking the shape it is. It's all very strange.
IMO -- and like you pointed out-- they should have already had the hearing about media presence at the depo before the depo is scheduled to occur.

I think the Judge should bar the media from being present during the depo. The depo will be taped and then submitted as discovery. If there are reasons to seal or keep private certain aspects of the depo, the deponent's atty can file a motion to seal those parts of the depo or the entire tape. The judge will consider the motion and rule accordingly.

The appropriate segments (or even the whole thing) can then be released to the public like everything else. I do think it makes sense to put a barrier between instant media broadcast and the deposition process itself. The problem is, IMO, that the A's lawyers failed to file the correct motions at the correct time and now everything is happening backwards and inside out. I remember John Morgan even telling the A attorneys to file this motion for protective order over a month ago on Nancy Grace-- he like spoon-fed it to them??? STRANGE!

Thank you - it'll be so interesting to see how this plays out

Will Lee or won't Lee....that is the question.

I think he is going to walk through the door and right back out.
I hope he proves me wrong. I still want so badly for there to be one person in this family who's sole purpose is to find Justice for Caylee. This is a start.
Regardless of how his attorney feels, he is still in control over this. He can choose to do this even if his attorney objects.

I cannot find a working link to the entire Bond Hearing testimony of Cindy and Lee, but I heard them when they were released, and both of them stated under oath, that they have known about the babysitter, Zanny, for about two years. If they say something different in the depositions, it will be perjury in one way or another.

Does anyone have a link to the entire Bond Hearing testimony?
I sure hope Zenaida's attorneys have it.

We should know by now if he came and left anyways..so far I have seen nothing...:confused:

Do you think Morgan decided to call Lee's bluff and quietly asked the media to stay away ?

snipped from myfoxorlando 7:20 am
But Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, said his client will not answer questions with the media present.

"My first step is to ask plaintiff council to ask the media to leave the deposition room,” Luka said. “If plaintiff council refuses to do so, I will immediately file with him a copy of a protective order then file that with the Clerk of Courts and Judge Rodriguez,” he added.

Do you think Morgan decided to call Lee's bluff and quietly asked the media to stay away ?

The Orlando Sentinel is saying the reporters were moved to the lobby and the deposition is going on now. Sorry, I can't get link to work. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong