Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't showing the deposition. Rats!

I can't find anything on any of the other news sites either :(

The Twitters above aren't showing anything either :(

HLN is reporting on it sporadically but nothing live so far.

ETA: *stands up and shakes fist in Patrick Henry impression*...

"Give us a doc dump or give us live feeds!!!"

So now we must wait for the court filing of the video's correct? Then we will see it..
Gosh, I feel like a peeping Tom!

Do you think Morgan decided to call Lee's bluff and quietly asked the media to stay away ?

The Orlando Sentinel is saying the reporters were moved to the lobby and the deposition is going on now. Sorry, I can't get link to work. LOL!

Well so much for quietly asking the media to stay away. :bang:

Another successful Anthony temper tantrum. No wonder they had those pages marked in the Child Development Book LE found in Casey's room. They were looking for how to tips.

Thank you, aledesma!!

:blowkiss:

snipped from the link:

More than a dozen news cameras captured Luca and Anthony going into the room and continued to film through the glass as the two sat down. Neither of the men spoke to reporters.

Lee, who was dressed in a pair of jeans and white polo-type shirt, sat with his arms crossed and avoided looking at reporters.

Soon after, Gonzalez and her lawyers entered.

The media was moved into the law firms lobby, about 50-feet from where the deposition was taking place.

Morgan & Morgan law firm is video taping the deposition.

So now what? Does the media have to file an FOA for the video or can Morgan just release the tape?

This may be a dumb question at this point, but maybe a Florida lawyer can help. What is the basis for the statements that depositions are "open" to the media under Florida law? I understand the liberal open records provisions, and how they have revealed things I'm not used to seeing in an on-going criminal investigation. But in a civil case, with a non-party fact witness who has been subpoenaed to appear? Normally, you'd arrange for the deposition to be at one of the lawyer's offices, maybe even that of counsel to the witness. That's private property. Why is the media entitled to be present? I can see releasing a transcript or video of a deposition that has been done before a court reporter, after the fact. It would essentially be part of the court record, unless sealed for some reason by the court. I really just don't get it. Is there a statutory provision?

It would be funny if afterwords...Morgan just walked out and handed the video to the media.....hehehehehehehehehehe

[QUOTE =believe09;3376460]Actually, my understanding of the law was that she cannot take the Fifth in an action which includes a counter-suit. She is essentially saying she has been harmed by the plaintiff, zfg-she has to answer interrogatories and have a deposition if she is going to take this stand. The judge should have forced Baez to drop the counter-suit in order to allow her to take the Fifth against self incrimination.
QUOTE]

She can't take the Fifth in her counter-suit if she wants to succeed with her counter-suit. But she can refuse to talk about her possible involvement (yeah, I know... in my opinion it is her certain involvement) in a crime. If someone (ZFG's attorneys or anyone else), using an arm of the government (the civil or criminal court; subpoena) were to force her to speak in a way that would incriminate her, well... they can't force her. What if Morgan insisted that she testify, and she admitted that she said a lot of bad stuff about ZFG (which she did)? Then there are various crimes she would be incriminated for, in addition to the murder. She would have been forced to incriminate herself. Aw, poor Casey.

You say she cannot take the Fifth in an action which includes a counter-suit. True--in a way: if she goes ahead and takes the Fifth, which is her right, then her counter-suit is thrown out. That's the consequence she faces. Too bad for her.

Morgan already has the fool, on the police tapes, saying "ZFG did this" and "ZFG did that". She's already stupidly NOT claimed her right to remain silent, in the past. But she hasn't waived it (to my knowledge) for the future. Morgan can profit from the statements she has already given.

If there were a stay of the civil suit, it wouldn't be out of consideration of the parents' and brother's rights. They have no rights to not testify in the civil suit. But if there were a stay to protect Miss Casey's rights, they would just happen to benefit from it.

As for the time it's taking, I'm sure ZFG's lawyer is used to that. Those personal injury lawyers know that their cases may take a long time, because some personal injury defendants (and their lawyers) are very good at delaying. Casey hasn't thought of anything new if she uses delay as a tactic.

WOW Lee A stayed I thought he would leave if camera's were there I can't beleive that LEE A just didn't walk out!! Good News Thanks!!:clap:Oh now I see after reading the article at Fox Orlando,that the cameras stayed out!!

It appeared the camera person vidieo tapeing LA walking into the offices was on a covert mission, not wanting to be seen by lA and attorney. Did you see those camera angles through the trees? They were probably told not to scare them away upon them entering. I just found it a bit funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288