Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read or heard in the past that a blood hound can detect the dried blood on a previously extracted human tooth, put in a plastic container and buried in the ground.....

cadaver dogs aren't the same as scent dogs (bloodhounds). they are trained to only hit on decomp. with 3 different dogs alerting to that dumpster, i would be willing to bet money that there was decomp there. maybe not haleigh's (hopefully not!).

Hard to believe this child has been missing for this long, and LE is just now getting around to searching the dumpster.
Either they have a pretty good idea of who did something to her and want to show that they have looked into every tip, or they have no clue and are waiting on a tip to solve this case. It is shocking actually that as close as this dumpster is, they havent searched it until now. They didnt look too concerned about what was in there the way they threw the bags around IMO.

Hard to believe this child has been missing for this long, and LE is just now getting around to searching the dumpster.
Either they have a pretty good idea of who did something to her and want to show that they have looked into every tip, or they have no clue and are waiting on a tip to solve this case. It is shocking actually that as close as this dumpster is, they havent searched it until now. They didnt look too concerned about what was in there the way they threw the bags around IMO.
I do wonder if they're trying to get someone to crack. Maybe they were cranking up the heat yesterday (cadaver dogs, Misty being questioned, Crystal's DNA) to see what would happen. That dumpster was so close to the camps that I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to keep an eye on people. And the fact that they were careless with the contents seems strange.

I can't help but wonder if they are waiting for her little body to come a float on the river..:furious:

I was disturbed by the bag throwing too. Then my husband pointed out that they are feeling the bags before they throw them down there and they would most likely know if a 5 year olds body was in there. I felt better after that ... but still doesn't sit right with me yet.

I do believe the "officials" stating that dogs can hit on blood etc are full of carp and don't want us to know the dogs hit on decomp.

First off these are cadaver dogs. They don't know to hit on blood etc. because they aren't trained to. One false postitive maybe, but three? Have they checked this dog association out?

I'm telling you, LE is trying to throw us off.

I don't think they conducted the search of the dumpster for necessarily a body! I'm wondering if maybe during questioning with Misty something came out about the dumpster! From what I understand trying to read through all this and catch up is that several dogs hit on this dumpster. What did they find, take away, anything? Did any evidence, whether it was pertaining to Haleigh or somebody else, get taken from the site?

It was mentioned on a news report a few days ago on First Coast News. (Finding it is easier said than done.)

Thanks, Seriously. I know how it is to try to go back and find the links. I'm sure it will turn up somewhere in our travels. :)

Someone asked why the LE was there in the first place and gave two things they had heard ... I heard those to but in a different manner.

The dogs were brought in as routine because of the amount of time it has been since Haleigh has been gone. If she is dead, her body would be in the decomp phase by now and picked up by a dog. This makes sense to me as even though I wouldn't want my child (were I to have one) be found dead I would want the LE to do whatever possible to find my child dead or alive. Now, the area they were searching by the dumpsters is what was tipped by a neighbor (to my understanding). The dogs were originally searching the house and around it and then after the tip arrived about a certain area they went to it and that is where the dumpsters were hit on. So, dogs=routine area=tip!

Now THAT makes sense...except that they have had the cadaver dogs out before as far as I understand. It disturbs me that the dumpster wasn't checked the first time around, considering proximity and, hello, it's a dumpster.

I can't help but wonder if they are waiting for her little body to come a float on the river..:furious:

Thats what I think...I hate to say it but she may well be under water. One of those cement blocks found around the trailer is underwater too.
:(

Are there Gaters near that area?

cadaver dogs aren't the same as scent dogs (bloodhounds). they are trained to only hit on decomp. with 3 different dogs alerting to that dumpster, i would be willing to bet money that there was decomp there. maybe not haleigh's (hopefully not!).

Thank you. Unless these dogs have been trained badly. I'm not buying that three dogs hit on decomp and there is no decomp.

Yeah, but you guuuuuyyysss!!!! Why have they waited so long to search here? This seems like one of the first places that would be looked at, dontcha think? I mean a dumpster that close to home? With Texas Equisearch, tracking dogs, helicopters, etc..why just now is this being searched. Could they have missed it?

Patting down bags would tell them if her body was present, but not blankets that she may have been wrapped in, rags used to clean up any potential "mess", or other items that could have come into contact with her body post-mortem. (Please, dear Lord, don't let there have been a post-mortem.)

Either this was a ploy on LE's part or a major flub on LE's part.

Thats what I think...I hate to say it but she may well be under water. One of those cement blocks found around the trailer is underwater too.
:(

Are there Gaters near that area?

Actually yes. When I was on street view for that area, there was a pop of picture for the area, and it was a picture of gators from the other side of the waterway.

I do believe the "officials" stating that dogs can hit on blood etc are full of carp and don't want us to know the dogs hit on decomp.

First off these are cadaver dogs. They don't know to hit on blood etc. because they aren't trained to. One false postitive maybe, but three? Have they checked this dog association out?

Is this something LE would normally do? Throw the focus off? The reason I ask is because I have only been through a couple of cases and never can figure out if that goes on or not..

Actually yes. When I was on street view for that area, there was a pop of picture for the area, and it was a picture of gators from the other side of the waterway.

Oh gosh...that just makes me so sad.

In this case and the Caylee case and the JBR case, LE were initially informed of a kidnapping situation, and up to a certain point they treated each as such, i.e. they were looking for a live child and a kidnapper. The "kidnapping" cases became murder cases 1) when JBR was found dead; 2) when the evidence screamed that Caylee was dead; and 3) well, in this case we know very little in the way of fact, so we really don't know if LE is just following up on yet another lead or turning their sites toward a murder investigation. But I can understand why LE didn't search this dumpster earlier because they were looking for a live child.

Yeah, but you guuuuuyyysss!!!! Why have they waited so long to search here? This seems like one of the first places that would be looked at, dontcha think? I mean a dumpster that close to home? With Texas Equisearch, tracking dogs, helicopters, etc..why just now is this being searched. Could they have missed it?
I hope not! Was it ever determined if the dumpster has been dumped? I think I remember reading that it has not been since Haleigh went missing, but I don't know for sure if that was fact or speculation. I guess they could be searching it again even if the contents hadn't been dumped. I don't believe they would have missed this (and if they did, well....).

I agree! I don't believe anything LE is telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23