GUILTY IL - Elyse Mamino charged in death of newborn, nearly killing 2nd baby, 2007 & 2008

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,503784,00.html

"Authorities investigating a teacher's aide accused of trying to drown her newborn girl in a toilet have found the decomposed remains of another infant at her southern Illinois home.

The remains apparently had been at Elyse Mamino's home in the St. Louis suburb of Belleville for more than a year, Belleville police Capt. Don Sax said Monday."

What in the EFFING HELL is WRONG with people?!
:furious: :furious:
This woman should ROT in PRISON.

Children are precious gifts...it seems as if SO MANY fail to recognize that.
Disgusting.

What on earth is wrong with the authorities in this town?
She gave birth in a bathroom, tried to drown the baby, baby was in the hospital for two weeks and then they gave her back to the mother?
The article is confusingly written but it looks like she had custody of this baby she tried to kill since she was released from the hospital in December. And now they finally come to arrest her and find another dead baby in her house?
I don't even know what to say about this...:banghead:
Crazy all around, not even gonna start on the mother

snipped:
Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week.

The child remained in Mamino's custody despite investigators "airing concerns" that the mother perhaps tried to kill the girl, Edwards said.

WTH?
See, this is what fires me up about things like this.
What were they thinking?
I wish I could show statistics of the children in America being killed each year when CPS was already involved and did nothing to save them..
OMG..I think it is time for those with the choice to leave children in the possession of parents like this should sit in the jail cell right beside them!

What on earth is wrong with the authorities in this town?
She gave birth in a bathroom, tried to drown the baby, baby was in the hospital for two weeks and then they gave her back to the mother?
The article is confusingly written but it looks like she had custody of this baby she tried to kill since she was released from the hospital in December. And now they finally come to arrest her and find another dead baby in her house?
I don't even know what to say about this...:banghead:
Crazy all around, not even gonna start on the mother

Holy crap, they gave that child back? I really missed that part. Well LE should be ashamed of themselves

AND, she was a teachers aid for autistic children!! WTF!

For the love of God, why did they give that baby girl back to her??

Idiots, I tell ya, idiots!!

"The baby, now in a relative's care, was hospitalized for about two weeks. Edwards said it is unclear whether she suffered brain damage."
The newborn isnt with her. she has another girl whom cps left with her after this incident.
"Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week."

Oh wow....the comments left by friends on her myspace are disturbing-to say the least.

On November 15, 2008 we brought Victoria Rae into the world...it was a HUGE surprise to all of us, but we're very lucky and thankful to have her in our lives.

Pffft! Did her boyfriend know she tried to kill their daughter?? And what about the other baby? Did he know about the other poor baby's body in the house??

I hope she rots in jail forever. Imagine this precious little girl growing up knowing her birth "mother" is in jail because she tried to kill her.

What in the EFFING HELL is WRONG with people?!
:furious: :furious:
This woman should ROT in PRISON.

Children are precious gifts...it seems as if SO MANY fail to recognize that.
Disgusting.

My words exactly. When will it stop?!!!!

Bless your heart, Otise. What a precious little boy. *Hugs*

How awful. I don't know her, but, I go by her home all the time. Just over the weekend.

And to think DCFS gave the baby back to her. It wasn't LE. They are/were pretty angry over DCFS giving the baby back.

"The baby, now in a relative's care, was hospitalized for about two weeks. Edwards said it is unclear whether she suffered brain damage."
The newborn isnt with her. she has another girl whom cps left with her after this incident.
"Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week."

Thank you for the clarification. wildTrose!

This is unreal. What a sick freak. Those comments on her myspace were weird. "Take care of that *advertiser censored* of a child"??? What in the heck does that mean?

This is unreal. What a sick freak. Those comments on her myspace were weird. "Take care of that *advertiser censored* of a child"??? What in the heck does that mean?

Those comments are beyond disturbing.

No, the baby she tried to kill WAS returned to her custody until the arrest.
"Despite the protests of police, who argued that Elyse J. Mamino put her tiny daughter face-first in a water-filled toilet bowl and left her gasping for air and kicking her legs, child protection workers returned the child to her care until her arrest Friday." . . .

"After the newborn was released from the hospital, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services returned her to Mamino. Edwards said he opposed the move strenuously. His detectives continued their criminal investigation, awaiting lab results and evidence processing."
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...ild_s_remains_found/srvc=home&position=recent

The "surviving girl" mentioned in the other article was the baby she tried to drown. Her other child is the body found at her home (not surviving.)

OMG!! what the heck were they thinking?
How messed up is that?
It was bad enough when I thought they had left the sibling with her but to return the baby to its mother who tried to kill it????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back