Misty C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are interested, here is Misty's statement about the blankets and washing:

Okay, I put her to bed about, you know 8:00 'cause that's her bedtime--she has school. I put her to bed and--her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that. and her blanket----her blanket was-- was-- she had peed on her blanket the night before, I guess. And I was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee. So I washed her blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down.

For those who are interested, here is Misty's statement about the blankets and washing:

Is this an excerpt from a statement or did you transcribe this from an interview?
Just wondering if the period in one of the sentences is off. It could change the meaning and explain a few things if it read:

original-
"I put her to bed and--her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took."

Revised-
"I put her to bed and--her blanket. And my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took.

If it was from an interview, can you provide a link so I can see her speech pattern? TIA

Is this an excerpt from a statement or did you transcribe this from an interview?
Just wondering if the period in one of the sentences is off. It could change the meaning and explain a few things if it read:

original-
"I put her to bed and--her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took."

Revised-
"I put her to bed and--her blanket. And my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took.

If it was from an interview, can you provide a link so I can see her speech pattern? TIA

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

Well Pfffft.....there goes THAT theory :crazy:

Oh well, one more to mark off my list! Guess peeling away at the onion is still being productive, right? :waitasec:

Thanks to Issi and Conniehu for finding me the links. It sure makes a difference hearing it from the horse's mouth!

I agree pirate!
Another thing..I understand that some may not like the camera's in their face or whatever, but if their suspicions really hold any merit, they would not stop about Jo..All of them would take every opportunity they could in front of the camera to point the finger at Joe.
I think at this point, Misty's family realizes where the direction is leaning, so in order to keep the focus off their daughter they will continue to bring it up!
Do we know how many times she has been questioned now?

I agree with this, Misty's family seems to want to take the focus off of their daughter.
Does anyone have the link to the info stating that Misty also called her father the night Haleigh went missing? Before she called 911 and Ron?

If a teenager is in trouble, where do they turn? Misty can't turn to Ron obviously; she calls her family. They may be "clannish" and want to protect their own.

How old was Joe when he supposedly molested Misty? Aren't they around the same age?

This Joe and the Cinderblock story seems to be pivotal. If true, we might have our perp. If false you've got to wonder why Misty would tell a story like that.

BTW, was she with him when he did these B&Es, did he tell her about this detail, or did she read the police reports? Hmmmm.

Does anyone have a link to a background check/ arrest record of Joe? Has anyone profiled him from his arrest record?
It is just Misty's word that he molested her, no record of that.
For Misty to say that her cousin has a habit of bricking doors, is her attempt to take the focus off of herself and project it directly unto her cousin. Misty knew Joe was in town, knew him and Ron had a fight. Due to that Ron's opinion of Joe wouldn't be very good. It's easier to suspect someone one already has a negative opinion of.

Does anyone have a link to a background check/ arrest record of Joe? Has anyone profiled him from his arrest record?
It is just Misty's word that he molested her, no record of that.
For Misty to say that her cousin has a habit of bricking doors, is her attempt to take the focus off of herself and project it directly unto her cousin. Misty knew Joe was in town, knew him and Ron had a fight. Due to that Ron's opinion of Joe wouldn't be very good. It's easier to suspect someone one already has a negative opinion of.
(emphasis mine)

ITA, MeoW333. This was a little too much detail for Misty to know, unless she actually was witness to Joe's (alleged) break-ins or he told her personally.

Misty's story is hinky. Ron should easily see that too. We know that Ron's normal response is to be furious with her about things. (per 911 and police report)

That makes both of them hinky ,JMO.

(emphasis mine)

ITA, MeoW333. This was a little too much detail for Misty to know, unless she actually was witness to Joe's (alleged) break-ins or he told her personally.

Misty's story is hinky. Ron should easily see that too. We know that Ron's normal response is to be furious with her about things. (per 911 and police report)

That makes both of them hinky ,JMO.

I agree with you completely about the detail, and that Ron should be able to see as well. Perhaps he is blinded by love, or has some vested interest in things. Otherwise, maybe he is keeping his "enemies" closer.
If he is blinded by love, medicated, and on the verge of breakdown, maybe he just doesn't see it.. I know i would be questioning her..

Misty, at 17, knew RC a very short time before she became a live-in caretaker of the 2 children of RC & CS. At 17 she is not adequate to the job of motherhood based soley on her age and amount of experience...babysitting on and off for a period of a few years does not automatically give one that age; the skills needed to be a "mother" to children of not her own, meaning- most 17 year olds I know whom are mothers, gave birth to them,... therefore having the typical time frame to prepare in ones mind, and to bond in the heart. I have 3 neices who are/were teen mothers. I know the difference between the 2. I personally babysat for my family since I was 9 years old, my nephew is 32 now and I changed his diapers, fed him, loved him etc.

"If" at 17 someone thrust me into the realm of parenthood, I would not have what it takes to be a mother of good nurturing character full time....surely I did it for days at time, but not 24/7.

She appears sincere in her tearful statement on t.v. but the child care at this trailer was essentiallly inadequate in my opinion. Some may agree and other may not. In the short time that RC & MC lived in the 3 bedroom doublewide MH...they apparently had occupied one bedroom from all statements made by Misty herself. How long does it take for parents who have the children full time, to prepare the two other bedrooms for the children to enjoy & enjoy a space of their own? I could understand it there wasnt the space available, but there was. The video of Ron and Haliegh at Christmas time was taken at Rons mothers/Grannies home imo. I clearly can look at individuals and determine their character by observation along side by side with facts. I have no doubt the children loved her and she loved them. But that in now way means she was of good judgement on the night Haleigh went missing.

My neice had a child at 15 - the grandparents take care of this child. Nuff said. A 17 year old is not in an adequate mental condition to take care of 2 children IMHO. Friends, yes - parenting - NO.

The real mother should have had the children while RC was working -- now that would have been the responsible thing to do.

MOO

Melanie

My neice had a child at 15 - the grandparents take care of this child. Nuff said. A 17 year old is not in an adequate mental condition to take care of 2 children IMHO. Friends, yes - parenting - NO.

The real mother should have had the children while RC was working -- now that would have been the responsible thing to do.

MOO

Melanie

They did not live close enough for Crystal to be there when Ron works.

Could Misty have been so jealous of Haleigh with RC???
like kc was of Caylee with GA?CA?

Could Misty have been so jealous of Haleigh with RC???
like kc was of Caylee with GA?CA?

..combined with other factors such as Misty having to care for the kids and Haleigh wetting the bed according to Misty.
For Misty to go on about how Haleigh "peed" the bed on national television was ridiculous. Why say that? Did she not consider the possibility of embarrassing Haleigh with the comments on how she peed the bed?
She mentions that and the blankets when the reporter asked her what happened that night. Dodging the original question and also being able to fit in that Haleigh "peed" the bed..

i am going to throw this out there, mods, if i am in the wrong place please delete this.
i am struggling to understand how mc could wake up in the middle of the night for what ever it might be, and not glance at these children. just a quick glance, to see if you have disturbed them, or if they are covered, or wet. i think you eye would instinctively gone to each child, only for a fraction of a second. these are the children that you are in charge of and love with all your heart. you would check them before your feet hit the floor. i don't think that you could walk past haleigh's bed and not noticed her shape, or if she was covered.
moo, thanks

..combined with other factors such as Misty having to care for the kids and Haleigh wetting the bed according to Misty.
For Misty to go on about how Haleigh "peed" the bed on national television was ridiculous. Why say that? Did she not consider the possibility of embarrassing Haleigh with the comments on how she peed the bed?
She mentions that and the blankets when the reporter asked her what happened that night. Dodging the original question and also being able to fit in that Haleigh "peed" the bed..

I thought it was a very odd little side rant when she did that, like she was distracting them from the question or blaming Haleigh somehow for making her so extremely tired that night.

Also, the whole time frame has never added up regarding Misty's story about the 8 pm bedtime "because Haleigh had school the next day". She said her brother left around 5:45, then the kids had dinner, then even NOT allowing for bathtime and tooth brushing, the two movies (Air Bud is 98 minutes, and Madagascar is 80 minutes) would take 3 hours. So...if the visit from Great Grandma with the clothes plus dinner time took even as little as 30 minutes, then the time frame with the movies already puts bedtime at 9:30 or later if there was a bathtime in there somewhere.

If JO borrowed Lindsey's van,then who brought him to Florida?He would have had to drive back to Tennessee with someone or the bus.If he borrowed LC's van then that puts him on Tyler steet,at least that Monday before he left.And it also accounts for Misty saying she talked to him the day he left to go back to Tennessee on the Today Show interview.

i am going to throw this out there, mods, if i am in the wrong place please delete this.
i am struggling to understand how mc could wake up in the middle of the night for what ever it might be, and not glance at these children. just a quick glance, to see if you have disturbed them, or if they are covered, or wet. i think you eye would instinctively gone to each child, only for a fraction of a second. these are the children that you are in charge of and love with all your heart. you would check them before your feet hit the floor. i don't think that you could walk past haleigh's bed and not noticed her shape, or if she was covered.
moo, thanks

Good question. I wish we had more of those little details of exactly what Misty did and thought from the time she woke up to the time she realized Haleigh was missing. So many questions unanswered for us. Was the bedroom dark when she woke up or did she wake up and notice the glow from the kitchen light being on and only saw the bundle of blankets on Haleighs bed and assumed she was in it? I noticed on NG if you walk out of the bedroom door there is a large mirror on the wall directly accross and over to the right just a little. The kitchen light would have cast a glow into that room and the mirror would have picked it up and inhanced the light even more. I'm thinking she got up and noticed that glow and knew the kitchen light was on, which directed her to go in that direction to check it out, before going to the bathroom in the bedroom...Also she says she put Haleigh to bed in the little bed with the TV on for her. Was the TV still on when Misty woke up? The TV would have cast a great deal of light in the room if it was on. Also if the TV was on that might be another reason she didn't hear anyone entering the home. Also, about the cinderblock..in one of the videos taken of that back door they showed a couple of cinderblocks just lying under the mobil home, they loose and clearly visible...did Ron ever notice these blocks under the MH?...soooo many questions.

Is Misty around? For the people that are close to the campsite or wherever Ron's family is, do they see Misty on a daily basis? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member