Ronald proposes to Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's just giving everyone a reason to talk. MOO!

Maybe he's smart enough to do this NOW just to have the media talk about the case again and keep Haleigh's face out there.

This just makes me believe more that they both had something to do with Haleighs disappearance.

I just read the about the proposal and my jaw hit the floor.... :sick:

I just do not understanding the thinking.

Not true, he can still be charged since they were not married at the time the statutory rape would have happened.

I didn't know that....thanks PinkyPoo...I learn something new everyday on these boards :)

I want to puke.

Your daughter is missing a month and now you are planning a wedding?

I'm sorry - but - how can anyone let alone her father think about anything else?

Even I couldn't think about getting married right now with this going on!
:eek:
Well, not only that but he's thinking about buying a house. Why not get married and live in their new house and not even have to worry about Haleigh anymore... except to get donation money. And then Misty can start having babies and the whole world can just hope and pray one of them doesn't get kidnapped out of the same bedroom in the middle of the night... :bang::rolleyes:

I'm sorry but this just upsets me. I cannot imagine a scenario where my daughter is missing and I'd propose marriage to anybody (I know I'm a girl but still...) This is getting more and more strange every day and Haleigh is still gone. Where is Haleigh?

I'm hoping that Ron is so distraught that he's turning to Misti and God for comfort. Since it's been said that Ron attended church with the kids, maybe he wants to do the right thing and not live in sin as the church would advise. All the ridicule and accusations against him couldn't have helped either. Actually though, I believe Misti has him whooped and he's not thinking straight. He never even married the mother of his kids did he, and for Misti to say the kids wanted them to marry and call her mom. Kids that age don't know about marriage and they have a mom. Something's not right with Misti's taking over.

I personally think they are already married. In the pictures were he is showing the tattoo he has a wedding band on. In the original pictures the first few weeks he does not have a wedding band on.

This, if true, would certainly put an interesting spin on things!

I wish the best for them. I do not think either of them is guilty of hurting Haliegh.

Ron may have felt the need to do it now as he has lost his daughter and cannot imagine losing anyone else in his life.

I agree with what you are saying. No matter what they they are raked across the coals on the Internet. I think they need to do what they feel is best for them and not even worry about what is blasted across the Internet.

Florida Evidence Code Section 90.504:

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.--

(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

(2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.

(3) There is no privilege under this section:

(a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.

(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.(c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

thanks for the post. I doubt they (R & M) would have known about these specific provisions.

I'm just glad I didn't send them any money to pay for this:

ring2.jpg

But it would be an extreme waste of tax payers money to prosecute a legally married couple in a statutory rape case. I think the county would get a lot of criticism for wasting money and a jury most likely would not convict him.

I disagree. I live in the area and there is a great deal of outrage that there have been no charges yet.

It is far beyond a faux pas. This is much more than a mis-step, much more than a break with social norms. This is down to a level where we as a society SHOULD judge. Ron might very well need comfort. I do not begrudge him comfort. I DO have reservations, and quite strong ones, that he would seek his comfort from a child. Misty is a child, no matter how street-wise she may appear. If he is not thinking with a clear head, then it should be the judgment of society to say "Dude, marrying a teenager while your daughter is missing and presumed in extreme danger at the very least and most likely dead is a bad idea." I simply don't believe that society saying that to Ron will make it heard. It will just be one more opportunity for him to believe it is him against the world.

If it is the second thing, "the felony he's looking at" (I assume you're speaking of him perhaps facing statutory rape charges) then should he be allowed to tie this young girl to him legally, when legally the world views her as a victim of a sexual predator? That's what statutory rape is. The child is taken advantage of.

In either case, her parents are obviously signing the paper. It makes one wonders how many times they've handed her over to be victimized.

Hmmm...:confused:

There are so many things wrong with this picture, where do you start? This is not normal, you can try to color it and spin it anyway you want to, but folks this ain't right!

That's the way I felt, too when I read the headline. This just makes me uneasy...

Are You SH---ING Me ???!!!!

This is crazy! Married? Engaged? Rings? Misty looks SO happy and well and .. just GOOD.

I would be a mess! What the HE double hockey sticks!!!???

This does NOT look good ... actually it's ridiculous! WHO would be thinking about this NOW?

What? So he's not arrested for rape? I'm sick ... SICK I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken