Baez files yet another motion re: Video of Casey's reaction to remains found

I think the one tomorrow is actually the one where he is with her in the video. In the end I think they will try to get it ironed out tomorrow.

Maybe Jose is fighting this video so desperately because he doesn’t want MRS Baez to see the exchange between he and tot-mom?

Geeze, and I thought it was just me. I tried reading that motion and found it to be very convoluted. I was going, "huh"? throughout it. Even thought, "I rub the bass, let's flute the day!"

I guess, as Jose himself has said, he's just doing the best he can.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with BS.

My Gosh, you beat me posting ..... my hubby use to tell his contract writers this all the time, except he wanted the brilliance not the BS ....... so funny.

Again, in JB's motion #23. just about blew me off the floor, demanding the judge he needs to understand the constitution :bang:

Also, I agree with his writing skills, whether he directly wrote this or had a paralegal write it, JB is responsible for the final end product. Obviously, someone did not use the spell/grammar checker, not once.

Yes they do monitor everything.....and see everything too.

Yes, the jail monitors everything... but that does not mean the media and the public has the right to see it all. I believe this is what he's trying to prevent.
NG is wrong on so many counts. Just because the video cameras are recording everything does not mean the public has the right to see everything.

Yes, the jail monitors everything... but that does not mean the media and the public has the right to see it all. I believe this is what he's trying to prevent.
NG is wrong on so many counts. Just because the video cameras are recording everything does not mean the public has the right to see everything.

That is what I'm getting out of his poorly written motions.

He's just asking that KC's videos are treated just like every other inmates videos. They are reviewed and recorded over, NOT handed off to the SA's office.

MOO

That is what I'm getting out of his poorly written motions.

He's just asking that KC's videos are treated just like every other inmates videos. They are reviewed and recorded over, NOT handed off to the SA's office.

MOO

If these were reviewed and NOT recorded over, there may have been a reason, wouldn't you think? Something probative, of value for the judge to at least see in order to evaluate whether Casey is receiving APPROPRIATE council?

<snip>

I'm becoming strangely fascinated by the inner workings of JB's mind. I think I'm slowly beginning to understand him haha. :martini:
(bold above by me)

If you are then you should be worried.

Very, very worried.

Esc5298, I could be wrong about this but I was under the impression that ineffectual council was only for people with PD's and was not for when someone picks and pays for an attourney of thier own choosing?

The appeal for ineffective council takes YEARS to go through court anyways, so she will be waiting a loooooooong time even if they do pull it off :)

I would have posted sooner, but I had to go and have a migraine and clean the blood up from around my EYES!:eek: for a little while and let the memory of the horror of that document fade a bit. Perhaps JB needs to get himself a new paralegal. Isn't that who constructs most of these motions-the paralegal? If so then he needs a new one, and if not, I would suggest he take some night classes and polish up on the English language and its proper use. There should be NO errors such as spelling and grammar in a legal pleading...that is totally LAMO! and shows his level of professionalism.

Respectfully snipped and bold mine

The reason I know he wrote this is because he used the word "us" when talking about the meetings. I don't think a paralegal would make that slip.

Someone please clarify something for me. There is a video of KC reaction to the discovery on Suburban. Is the video of Baez and KC crying/not crying part of the same video or is it a different one?
I'm with you. I think there are two videos. One of Casey in the infirmary, and one in a "general public" area, where attorney/client privilege is not allowed....

Esc5298, I could be wrong about this but I was under the impression that ineffectual council was only for people with PD's and was not for when someone picks and pays for an attourney of thier own choosing?

The appeal for ineffective council takes YEARS to go through court anyways, so she will be waiting a loooooooong time even if they do pull it off :)
Not true. Cynthia Sommers was out in about 6 months based on ineffective counsel. I still think she killed her husband. (Sorry for the O/T.)

The language is pretty egregious in the motion, but maybe that is just me.

For 2 seconds I thought he had a case, until I remembered that Caylee was not ID'd until around 12/18, so this was still an ongoing investigation on 12/11 and I suspect the request for the tapes to be saved will be considered legit. They may not survive a supression hearing, but I think they will be released. Clearly detectives wanted to know if Casey knew whose body had been found. Asked/Answered by her reaction I believe.

"Unleash the lawyers..."

believe09: I said this. Despite the fact that official identification was over a week away, I doubt there was anyone connected with this case who did not know that the remains were Caylee's. I think 99.9% of the public knew it to. By 4 pm on 12/11 - I don't think there was anyone who had any knowledge of this case at all who didn't know it was Caylee. Now, might they wanted to have visual evidence of her reaction, sure, but they KNEW she knew - if I can say that.

Hypothetical question for all of us: If she had reacted the same way to the Suburban find as she had to the Blanchard Park find - how would we all feel about that? My reaction would have been - "KC is one cold hearted you know what, she doesn't care, she is so over this whole thing". I am actually more surprised that she DID react then if she hadn't reacted.

Maybe Jose is fighting this video so desperately because he doesn’t want MRS Baez to see the exchange between he and tot-mom?

I AM SURE YOU ARE RIGHT! :clap:
I'm a bit ashamed to share this, but when I booted up my computer this morning and scanned through "Today's Posts" I saw a thread titled, "A question about JB's head wound"...

...and the first thought I had was , "Dammit, his wife finally belted him."

believe09: I said this. Despite the fact that official identification was over a week away, I doubt there was anyone connected with this case who did not know that the remains were Caylee's. I think 99.9% of the public knew it to. By 4 pm on 12/11 - I don't think there was anyone who had any knowledge of this case at all who didn't know it was Caylee. Now, might they wanted to have visual evidence of her reaction, sure, but they KNEW she knew - if I can say that.

Hypothetical question for all of us: If she had reacted the same way to the Suburban find as she had to the Blanchard Park find - how would we all feel about that? My reaction would have been - "KC is one cold hearted you know what, she doesn't care, she is so over this whole thing". I am actually more surprised that she DID react then if she hadn't reacted.
Even the 911 operator Kronk called said, "Aw man". EVERYONE knew it was Caylee.

ooh. If you're still in legal writing class, you should totally bring this motion to class-- I think it would be a really excellent teaching tool! I really think that if someone had handed JB's motion in to my legal writing teacher, she would have returned it with No. in lieu of a grade. haha.

Also, I think JB says "booted" because it's borrowed from the headline of the Miami Herald article he's referencing, Broward judge boots murder case prosecutors over taped calls.

This motion really reads like JB woke up deeply hungover and made a mad dash to throw something together within an hour. It's amazing.

Ooh, also, sorry if your question was rhetorical, but just in case it wasn't-- I think paragraph 11 was attempting to communicate this general idea?
The prosecutors have been privy to the confidential medical information of Casey Anthony. Lt Tammy U.’s affidavit relays Lt. U’s synopsis of the private & privileged conversations between Anthony and her legal counsel. Information about the content of those privileged conversations could only have been obtained by surreptitious means. If any agent of the State (OCDS or SA’s Office) attempts to deny or downplay the significance of Lt. U’s surreptitious interception of these privileged conversations, the Court should commence a fact-finding hearing to determine how the privileged conversations were intercepted and the conditions under which they were relayed to the SA.

I'm becoming strangely fascinated by the inner workings of JB's mind. I think I'm slowly beginning to understand him haha. :martini:

(bold mine) Yes, I plan on showing it to my prof for one of two reasons: a) a great teaching tool, or b) handing it to her immediately after my paper is due, and saying, "See- mine isn't so bad now is it?"

haha

I'm a bit ashamed to share this, but when I booted up my computer this morning and scanned through "Today's Posts" I saw a thread titled, "A question about JB's head wound"...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It's about time somebody did!

If JB hugs or acts inappropriately with KC in public, then he can be exposed. The area where he cried with her, was a public area in the jail.

IMO he is acting inappropriately by not recommending a plea to his client, considering there is nothing to back her nanny story and she is most likely to be convicted. Her mother is now a proven liar and can't vouch for the nanny story. She should have plead a long time ago, but is like a stubborn teenager, now with a mid-life crises, self-conscious lawyer.

JB should be replaced. And CA should be charged with obstruction.

Ditto 42, on both counts ... 1st thought & the shame

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck