Surprises and Bombshells at trial yet unknown?

Seebra

Reaction score
This is a question I have been really obsessed with, and there are many points of views on this - I am not sure how the law works in Florida, but I am assuming that LE has a TON of information that has not been released that they will be using for trial.

I guess this thread and question will be two-part - one for the legal experts here and one for discussion:

1. Does law enforcement only release non-important info relating to the trial, or are they required to release everything - if they are required to release everything, why have we not seen the following:

- interview with AD and others (including interviews with AL that LE refers to in other released interviews) which are absent from all document dumps.
- Forensic evidence by FBI and LE regarding little Caylee

I'm sure there are many other things that are absent - my question to sum up is this:

Does le release things that are important to the case or things they are not using for the case, are they allowed to pick and choose what is released - in other words, during trial are we going to hear about all the stuff that is released or stuff that will shock us?

I have long-believed that there are bombshells that await - concrete evidence that will make all doubters no longer doubt. But again, I am assuming here because I really don't know if this exists, or if the released info is all that will be presented.

Any theories, ideas, answers?

Maybe prints on the duct tape.
Caylee's hair tested postive for drugs or cholform
KC's DNA on the duct tape such as skin cells ,hair

Seebra, I asked the same question months ago. IIRC, I was told by other posters that the FBI can release information as discovery when they please, and they can turn over certain discovery under cover, so the public's eyes can't see it.

Does le release things that are important to the case or things they are not using for the case, are they allowed to pick and choose what is released - in other words, during trial are we going to hear about all the stuff that is released or stuff that will shock us?

I have long-believed that there are bombshells that await - concrete evidence that will make all doubters no longer doubt. But again, I am assuming here because I really don't know if this exists, or if the released info is all that will be presented.

Any theories, ideas, answers?

Respecfully snipped by me.

Here is a good link to check out, it has so much info on the Sunshine laws.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0119/ch0119.htm

Basically, active criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information are exempt from release. So, if an agency is working, on say, re-testing DNA from a stain, then it's considered to be an ongoing investigation and they don't have to release that info.

Right, legal eagles? :)

Respecfully snipped by me.

Here is a good link to check out, it has so much info on the Sunshine laws.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0119/ch0119.htm

Basically, active criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information are exempt from release. So, if an agency is working, on say, re-testing DNA from a stain, then it's considered to be an ongoing investigation and they don't have to release that info.

Right, legal eagles? :)
I'm no legal eagle, but that is my understanding, as well.

Great link. Thanks! :)

As this case has been unfolding it has appeared to me that KC left many clues into her journey of becomming an acting out sociopathic murderer. One of the things that has been glossed over(may mean nothing) a bit was the music she was listening to over the past year. I feel her song choices were a way for her to express what she may have been thinking at the time she was considering putting Caylee as an after thought. I would love to put her stated songs from myspace into an archive to be studied like the house plans. Many adlolecents and young adults use music to express themselves when they are unable to find the words to discribe their emotions. I think we will be shocked after an overview of her music as to just how transparent KC actually was.

i think one of the things that might be released later is the stain on her clothes, i read in the docs that LE asked cindy for KC's clothes (can't remember which ones) and they found stains on them, im wondering if those stains contained some type of fluid (perhaps the same stains as in the trunk of the car>?) i wish i had saved that info (page number or link) but never did...
i think we'll probably see a lot come from LE or FBI that we don't know...jmo

...Basically, active criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information are exempt from release. So, if an agency is working, on say, re-testing DNA from a stain, then it's considered to be an ongoing investigation and they don't have to release that info....

Sarah - I'm not a legal eagle, but I think you hit it spot on. I'm betting a lot comes out at trial we don't know about and that the state's case is more comprehensive that what's out in the media.

Sarah - I'm not a legal eagle, but I think you hit it spot on. I'm betting a lot comes out at trial we don't know about and that the state's case is more comprehensive that what's out in the media.

I think there's a lot more to come out, too. Remember, the GJ indicted her in 30 mins for premeditated 1st degree murder before poor Caylee's body was even found. There is a lot that we don't know. Also, if you listen closely to previous hearings, JB is asking for reports, and the SA is saying that they are still putting them together. That's one way to stall discovery. ;)

I think it is up to LE or FBI to decide I think they can hide thier bombshells until the day of court to be released

Yes, I agree. I think they are withholding a lot of info. I do remember them saying there were stains on Caseys pants that LE took. I hope since they had already been washed they could still detect what it was. I hope and pray there is more for Caylee's sake.

Things I am anticipating that have not yet been released are:

1. The interview with Tony about conversations he had with
Casey on June 15-16.

2. The text messages between Casey and Cindy from June 16 until July 15.

3. More details from Cindy about June 15. She initially said that Casey had told her that she and Caylee would be going to Tampa to work. It sounds to me as if Cindy as well as George had been told in advance that Casey was making plans to be gone with Caylee before the afternoon of June 16.

Things I am anticipating that have not yet been released are:

1. The interview with Tony about conversations he had with
Casey on June 15-16.

2. The text messages between Casey and Cindy from June 16 until July 15.

3. More details from Cindy about June 15. She initially said that Casey had told her that she and Caylee would be going to Tampa to work. It sounds to me as if Cindy as well as George had been told in advance that Casey was making plans to be gone with Caylee before the afternoon of June 16.

1. I hope we get the text messages between KC and Tony from June 15th when they texted from around 7:30 PM up until 3 AM the next day, but we may not get them; they may not have them, I dunno.

2. The text messages from KC and Cindy I think are gone - I know when Cindy gave them her phone it didn't have many text messages at all on it. I remember thinking at the time that she had deleted most of everything from her phone before she gave it to LE to extract the info.

3. And KC's phone was cut off, so texts to and from her phone are gone (according to Lee, except I don't have a link) except for what was captured on other people's phones and the few that were on her phone when LE got it.

4. I would also like to see the texts between KC and Andy F - there was a lot of contact between them after the end of June.​

Sundance

I think it is up to LE or FBI to decide I think they can hide thier bombshells until the day of court to be released

It is my understanding that Florida laws and court procedures are designed to prevent bombshell or "Perry mason" moments in court from either side. All documentation by both the Prosecution and the Defense must be submitted ahead of time for all evidence and testimony.

1. I hope we get the text messages between KC and Tony from June 15th when they texted from around 7:30 PM up until 3 AM the next day, but we may not get them; they may not have them, I dunno.

2. The text messages from KC and Cindy I think are gone - I know when Cindy gave them her phone it didn't have many text messages at all on it. I remember thinking at the time that she had deleted most of everything from her phone before she gave it to LE to extract the info.

3. And KC's phone was cut off, so texts to and from her phone are gone (according to Lee, except I don't have a link) except for what was captured on other people's phones and the few that were on her phone when LE got it.
4. I would also like to see the texts between KC and Andy F - there was a lot of contact between them after the end of June.​

Sundance

Bolded by me.

The texts are gone from KC's phone and her accesible account. Chances are extremely good that the Telco provider still has them, and will release them to LE with a proper request.

As this case has been unfolding it has appeared to me that KC left many clues into her journey of becomming an acting out sociopathic murderer. One of the things that has been glossed over(may mean nothing) a bit was the music she was listening to over the past year. I feel her song choices were a way for her to express what she may have been thinking at the time she was considering putting Caylee as an after thought. I would love to put her stated songs from myspace into an archive to be studied like the house plans. Many adlolecents and young adults use music to express themselves when they are unable to find the words to discribe their emotions. I think we will be shocked after an overview of her music as to just how transparent KC actually was.

That's a good point. I do remember reading one of her IM messages about a song she put on myspace, and the person she was talking to asked, "Who's that for?" So there is at least one instance of her using a song to send a message.
Also, many of the icons in her photobucket account contained song lyrics. Some of them are pretty dark. I wonder if she sought them out for the lyrics they contained, or just liked them when she happened upon them.

i think one of the things that might be released later is the stain on her clothes, i read in the docs that LE asked cindy for KC's clothes (can't remember which ones) and they found stains on them, im wondering if those stains contained some type of fluid (perhaps the same stains as in the trunk of the car>?) i wish i had saved that info (page number or link) but never did...
i think we'll probably see a lot come from LE or FBI that we don't know...jmo

I always figured that the "stains" were from laundry detergent. Have you ever looked at your own clothes under a black light? The way they described the stains, and the fact that the stains were on so many clothes in such odd places made me think of the way my clothes look under a black light.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back