CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around midnight last night I posted the below link that talks about mom changing her story:

Missing Lancaster girl's body is found as mother's story unravels

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6966408.story

I'd read it, but wasn't understanding it as saying that the mother alone provided the info. on where Emma was - I was still wondering if someone else had maybe called in a tip or something...now I see another poster is saying that the mother admitted to putting Emma there after she died. :furious:
Waiting on a link, and haven't found the article yet myself...

I'd read it, but wasn't understanding it as saying that the mother alone provided the info. on where Emma was - I was still wondering if someone else had maybe called in a tip or something...now I see another poster is saying that the mother admitted to putting Emma there after she died. :furious:
Waiting on a link, and haven't found the article yet myself...

I getcha now. I read that she admitted to an accident and read between the lines that the info about where Emma was came from the mom.

So sad.

Thank you SuziQ & Chezhire for posting the news links.

I had to wear my old pair of glasses today, ran out of contact lenses. It was LA Times, not the other thing I wrote. Thanks for finding the real link.

Wondering what kind of accident that would have caused Emma's death, and for her mom to panic and make up the abduction story?

I had to wear my old pair of glasses today, ran out of contact lenses. It was LA Times, not the other thing I wrote. Thanks for finding the real link.

Wondering what kind of accident that would have caused Emma's death, and for her mom to panic and make up the abduction story?

drowning?

I getcha now. I read that she admitted to an accident and read between the lines that the info about where Emma was came from the mom.

So sad.

And you were right. It's really sad. Darling little girl. I hate thinking about her lying there beside the road, too. :furious: :cry:

You're welcome! :blowkiss:
I'm leaning towards the suggestions by posters that Emma died from asphyxia while in Stacey's car. :furious:

I hate to say it, but we've heard these "accident" stories before. I truly hope it was an accident. If it is, like I said before, She probably left her in a hot car. She was a beautiful baby,and I really hate that the mother left her on the side of a busy highway. I just have a feeling there is more to the story.

There appears to be no obvious cause of death. The only type of accidental death I can think of, that wouldn't show up in an initial autopsy, is drugging:

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California/CA_Toddler_Death_393176C.shtml

(snip)
A body that coroner's officials have since identified as Emma was found in Los Angeles on Thursday. The cause of death was not immediately determined. A finding on the cause of death was deferred pending further tests that could take weeks.

From your link Lovejac:::Officials say the mother hasn't been detained but the case will be presented to the district attorney's office.
I don't understand how Emma accidentally died under her mother's care, and the mother is not being held accountable??? That's child neglect imo. Can't wait for the autopsy results.

I'm at a loss. If my child died as a result of an accident, being BLAMED is not the first thing that would enter my mind!

I would feel so guilty, there would be no possible way that I could then,

1. drive somewhere and dump my child by the side of a road
2. drive somewhere else and then cause physical injury to myself, partially undress myself and then notify police.

What am I missing here?

From your link Lovejac:::Officials say the mother hasn't been detained but the case will be presented to the district attorney's office.
I don't understand how Emma accidentally died under her mother's care, and the mother is not being held accountable??? That's child neglect imo. Can't wait for the autopsy results.

ITA! what kind of accident, is what I want to know!

I'm at a loss. If my child died as a result of an accident, being BLAMED is not the first thing that would enter my mind!

I would feel so guilty, there would be no possible way that I could then,

1. drive somewhere and dump my child by the side of a road
2. drive somewhere else and then cause physical injury to myself, partially undress myself and then notify police.

What am I missing here?

Exactly!! Usually people only make up stories and tell lies if they have something to hide. I would love to know where she was during the supposed hours that she claimed to have been unconcious. If she were a man she would be behind bars right now pending autopsy results. But since she's a young white woman she is free.:doh:

Mom Admits That Emma's Death Was Accidental
The day after Emma's body was found, her mother is telling police an entirely different story. The 20-year-old mom now admits that Emma's death was an accident and she fabricated the story believing she would be blamed. Cops now say that she was the one who led them to the area in Sylmar where Emma's body was found.

An pending autopsy will provide more clues to Emma's true cause of death. Police say that Emma's mother is no longer being detained and is with her parents.

Source http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=64274

Mom Admits That Emma's Death Was Accidental
The day after Emma's body was found, her mother is telling police an entirely different story. The 20-year-old mom now admits that Emma's death was an accident and she fabricated the story believing she would be blamed. Cops now say that she was the one who led them to the area in Sylmar where Emma's body was found.

An pending autopsy will provide more clues to Emma's true cause of death. Police say that Emma's mother is no longer being detained and is with her parents.

Source http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=64274

They let her go home with her parents?

They let her go home with her parents?

That makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is they let her go home because they are waiting for the autopsy report to come back to see if they're going to charge her or not. Still, if they wanted to detain her, they probably could by charging her with lying to the police (or something similar like obstructing an investigation).

That makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is they let her go home because they are waiting for the autopsy report to come back to see if they're going to charge her or not. Still, if they wanted to detain her, they probably could by charging her with lying to the police (or something similar like obstructing an investigation).

ITA. Maybe also to confirm what type of "accident" Stacey claims Emma had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd